PDA

View Full Version : Judgement Day

PECKERWOOD
12-28-2006, 03:33 AM
We got one game left in the year, it's pretty safe to assess which players that have surprised you or have disappointed you this season and also, which positions do you think need to be upgraded the most.. I'l start..

Surprises:

• JP Losman has exceeded my expectations for him this season drastically.. Feels nice to have a QB that you can trust again.
• Crowell ( Was happy to see him carry his improvements from last year into this year.. )
• Evans fit into the #1 WR role admirably and he has connected well with JP Losman.
• Lindell has been pretty automatic for us this season, a farcry from what he used to be a couple years back.
• Jason Peters has turned into a pretty solid LT, I didn't see this happening at all.
• Peerless Price is worth the contract that we signed him to and I'm pleased with his reunion with the Bills..
• Whitner & Simpson have both played well for rookies and it seems like we have a reliable safety tandem for years to come..
• Ellison has played great in the limited time that he has seen.. I'm hoping that he will become a starter for us next season..

Disappointments:

• Terrence McGee was signed to a nice sized contract this season and for the most part hasn't come through as our #2 CB.. His return skills are still exceptional and I do believe that he will eventually fill our CB role, he was just disappointing this season..
• Villarial couldn't stay healthy at all, once again. Although, I do believe that his injury was a blessing in disguise for us.
• Robert Royal has dropped more passes than I have seen any other individual player drop before in my lifetime.
• Reyes was brought here as a FA, but why? What a waste..
• Kevin Everett was yet another brilliant draft choice by Teflon Tom.
• Spikes was a great player pre-injury, but now I'm wondering if he will ever be the player that he once was and with a 6 million dollar roster bonus that is due this offseason, I don't think he will remain a Bill for long.

And there you have it.. Add your own lists and have fun with it if you like! :up:

Ebenezer
12-28-2006, 03:42 AM
Disappointments:

• Terrence McGee was signed to a nice sized contract this season and for the most part hasn't come through as our #2 CB.. His return skills are still exceptional and I do believe that he will eventually fill our CB role, he was just disappointing this season..
• Villarial couldn't stay healthy at all, once again. Although, I do believe that his injury was a blessing in disguise for us.
• Robert Royal has dropped more passes than I have seen any other individual player drop before in my lifetime.
• Reyes was brought here as a FA, but why? What a waste..
• Kevin Everett was yet another brilliant draft choice by Teflon Tom.
• Spikes was a great player pre-injury, but now I'm wondering if he will ever be the player that he once was and with a 6 million dollar roster bonus that is due this offseason, I don't think he will remain a Bill for long.

And there you have it.. Add your own lists and have fun with it if you like! :up:

1. McGee...He was always more valued as a return man than a CB. It will be worth watching next year to see if the drop off continues.

2. Villarrial...bust for years...good-bye.

3. Royal...more good than bad and lots of upside.

4. Reyes...got to take a chance now and then - so it didn't work.

5. I've said since that draft day...Parrish and Everett were brought in here to keep McGahee and his agent happy...good-bye to Everett and Parrish wasn't worth the 2nd.

6. Spikes...I would love to have the guy back next year but I think the Bills will go in another direction...he is not the player he once was.

Historian
12-28-2006, 06:12 AM

Reuben Gant reincarnated.

:down:

YardRat
12-28-2006, 06:16 AM
All the draft choices have been a pleasant surprise, except for Butler and Youboty.

mybills
12-28-2006, 06:20 AM
I agree with the Parrish & Everett comment. Bubbye!

Pride
12-28-2006, 07:25 AM
Surprises
Lee Evans stepping up to #1 WR role
Josh Reed becoming a solid posession receiver
Aaron Schobel
Keith Ellison
2 rookie safeties
Lindell becoming consistent
Dick Jauron and his coaching staff

Disappointments
Takeo Spikes - though I would consider giving him 1 more year as that injury takes 2 years to fully heal. It possible to move him to DE?
Tripplett - talk about a do-nothing DT!

Met Expectations
London Fletcher - He leads the team in tackles.... 5 yards beyond the LOScrimmage.
Our 2ndary DE's - Showed flashes on passing downs, but nothing doing in the running game.