PDA

View Full Version : Defense and Royal

The last buffalo fan
12-28-2006, 09:48 AM
why are we blaming a coach, a system and a player only, if our complement is not playing or executing as the coach or the system dictates??

I watched the game yesterday, and there is nothing wrong with Lindell's performance, he even went out to try the field goal. Our defense never really stopped VY!!!!

Ickybaluky
12-28-2006, 09:55 AM
Royal stepping out of bounds on the Evans throw was a big play late in the game. If he gets his feet down, the Bills are up 13 points (assuming they don't go for two, which they probably don't) going into the 4th quarter, instead of 9. That is the difference between Tennessee needing a FG or TD to take the lead late in the game.

That is the kind of mental error that you look at afterwards and shake your head. He easily had enough room to drag his feet and make the catch, but instead he just stepped out of bounds. That boils down to awareness, and Royal was not aware of his being close to the endline. That was a big mental mistake.

mybills
12-28-2006, 10:01 AM
big rookie mistake.

Patrick76777
12-28-2006, 10:38 AM
Royal stepping out of bounds on the Evans throw was a big play late in the game. If he gets his feet down, the Bills are up 13 points (assuming they don't go for two, which they probably don't) going into the 4th quarter, instead of 9. That is the difference between Tennessee needing a FG or TD to take the lead late in the game.

That is the kind of mental error that you look at afterwards and shake your head. He easily had enough room to drag his feet and make the catch, but instead he just stepped out of bounds. That boils down to awareness, and Royal was not aware of his being close to the endline. That was a big mental mistake.

The play happened 15 feet in front of me. I was in shock that he didn't get that foot down. A complete brain fart!

LtBillsFan66
12-28-2006, 10:51 AM
big rookie mistake.
Rookie mistake for someone in the league 5 years?

The last buffalo fan
12-28-2006, 10:59 AM
This game was a total loss on several players, not the team, not the coaches, not the system, but some of the players.

Royal, Spikes, Fletcher-Baker-Soda-Chocomilk, McGee, Preston, Pennington just to mention a few of them.

But that particular play, was unbilivable.

justasportsfan
12-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Am I the only who thinks that Royals and Cieslak did a decent job considering that it's their first time playing catch with JP or anyone for that matter in a new system at that?

They've both outdone any of out TE's since Reimersma. :idunno:

I'm not saying they're Gonzo's or Shockeys but do any of you see them eventually improving the more snaps they get and the more comfortable they get with the schemes?

Don't forget, Fairchild hasn't really opened up the playbook just yet.

I was one who wanted to give JP more weapons but Royals has gotten better towards the end of the season. Maybe a little bit more snaps and polishing and he can get better or upgrading the OL won't have them having to block much and just concentrate in catching.

I guess all I'm asking is, is the TE position a glaring need or priority?

mybills
12-28-2006, 02:29 PM
Rookie mistake for someone in the league 5 years?
yes..it was very rookie like.

mybills
12-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Royal could be a 3rd RB option. :D