PDA

View Full Version : Really bad feeling that

Patrick76777
12-28-2006, 11:29 AM
We could see a Baltimore vs. Chicago Superbowl.

God would that be boring.

A few weeks ago I thought we might get a SD vs. NO bowl and that sounded fun.

Why Baltimore?

SD just doesn't seem to be playing as strong. They remind me of the 2004 Steelers. Towards the end of the year, Big Ben started playing terrible and in the playoffs he couldn't do anything. Christ, he almost let the Jets beat them. I can see the same thing happening to Rivers, esp. if they play the Ravens D. Not to mention the fact that they have one of the biggest playoff chokes as head coach.

So, say you get a first round that looks like this,
Jets at Indy
Denver at NE.

I could see the Jets beating Indy because everyone's beating Indy and there's no way the Pats lose a home playoff game to a QB with 5 NFL starts. Not going to happen.

Then you get the second round of
Jets at SD
NE at Baltimore.

NE won't be able to do anything vs. that Baltimore D. and this is where the Rivers/ Marty thing comes in. I could see the Jets winning this game.

Regardless of who does win the second game, The Raven's D would KILL the Jets and I think they would be able to slow up LT and mess with Rivers head.

Which could mean a Baltimore Superbowl.

In the NFC, it's Chicago, NO and a bunch of garbage. I just don't see NO going into Chicago and pulling out a win.

Baltimore 9, Chicago 7 Only TD will be a defensive or return TD.

BILLSROCK1212
12-28-2006, 11:30 AM

Why Baltimore?

SD just doesn't seem to be playing as strong. They remind me of the 2004 Steelers. Towards the end of the year, Big Ben started playing terrible and in the playoffs he couldn't do anything. Christ, he almost let the Jets beat them. I can see the same thing happening to Rivers, esp. if they play the Ravens D. Not to mention the fact that they have one of the biggest playoff chokes as head coach.

Jets at Indy
Denver at NE.

I could see the Jets beating Indy because everyone's beating Indy and there's no way the Pats lose a home playoff game to a QB with 5 NFL starts. Not going to happen.

Jets at SD
NE at Baltimore.

NE won't be able to do anything vs. that Baltimore D. and this is where the Rivers/ Marty thing comes in. I could see the Jets winning this game.

Regardless of who does win the second game, The Raven's D would KILL the Jets and I think they would be able to slow up LT and mess with Rivers head.

In the NFC, it's Chicago, NO and a bunch of garbage. I just don't see NO going into Chicago and pulling out a win.

I say Ravens v Eagles if not Eagles then Saints but right now my prediction is Ravens v Eagles....if McNabb were playing it wud be the first Super Bowl where both QBs are black

Devin
12-28-2006, 11:32 AM
SD Vs. New Orleans.

Earthquake Enyart
12-28-2006, 11:34 AM
I would love to see the Colts have to come into Baltimore. That would be a good game.

A Ravens / Bears game would not be bad if you love big hits and defense. Probably would be a close game.

Patrick76777
12-28-2006, 11:35 AM
I say Ravens v Eagles if not Eagles then Saints but right now my prediction is Ravens v Eagles....if McNabb were playing it wud be the first Super Bowl where both QBs are black

Funny story, A few years back, it was McNabb vs. Vick in the NFC Championship, I was talking about the game with this black guy that I worked with. So says, I'm just happy that a Black QB will be in the Superbowl. I honestly hadn't thought of that. I just saw them as the final 4 QB's.

Made me feel like I was above the whole race thing.

Patrick76777
12-28-2006, 11:37 AM
I would love to see the Colts have to come into Baltimore. That would be a good game.

A Ravens / Bears game would not be bad if you love big hits and defense. Probably would be a close game.

I didn't think of the Colts vs. Ravens thing. That would be cool.

I don't mind defensive games, but we're talking 2 teams that are all D with weak Offenses. It would be a long night of football watching. Lots of punts.

BILLSROCK1212
12-28-2006, 11:39 AM
remember Baltimore beat SD 16-13 in week 4 of the season

Patrick76777
12-28-2006, 11:40 AM
remember Baltimore beat SD 16-13 in week 4 of the season

Exactly.

Baltimore's good, but not so fun to watch.

Earthquake Enyart
12-28-2006, 11:41 AM
I didn't think of the Colts vs. Ravens thing. That would be cool.

I don't mind defensive games, but we're talking 2 teams that are all D with weak Offenses. It would be a long night of football watching. Lots of punts.
A big turnover or special teams play would win that game.

Might be fun to watch an old pro like McNair go after the Bear D.

Earthquake Enyart
12-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Personally, I'm more afraid of a team that blows sneaking in. An NFC team like Seattle or even Dallas.

Lexwhat
12-28-2006, 11:42 AM
I think Baltimore and New Orleans would be a great matchup.

NO's stellar offense versus Baltimore's shut-down defense.

Patrick76777
12-28-2006, 11:43 AM
I think Baltimore and New Orleans would be a great matchup.

NO's stellar offense versus Baltimore's shut-down defense.

No doubt. Because you're getting great O vs. great D. It would be a battle.

Patrick76777
12-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Personally, I'm more afraid of a team that blows sneaking in. An NFC team like Seattle or even Dallas.

Great point, and it could happen. A bad game by Grossman and just about anybody in the NFC could sneak in. Imagine having a Packers vs. Chargers Superbowl.

77 to 3.

THATHURMANATOR
12-28-2006, 11:53 AM

Why Baltimore?

Jets at Indy
Denver at NE.

Jets at SD
NE at Baltimore.

Pat the NFL and the Superbowl are SO much more than the actual game at this point who cares? F BIG BUSINESS NFL!!!

LtBillsFan66
12-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Pat the NFL and the Superbowl are SO much more than the actual game at this point who cares? F BIG BUSINESS NFL!!!
You've been real negative lately. What happened to the fun-loving, energetic, jovial, thurm we used to know?

DarkRaven
12-28-2006, 12:00 PM

You and the entire Raven Nation would love to see the Colts come into Baltimore. I don't expect Irsay to be there. hahaha

mchurchfie
12-28-2006, 12:08 PM
A bad game by Grossman and just about anybody in the NFC could sneak in.

He's saving that for the SB.:snicker:

THATHURMANATOR
12-28-2006, 12:37 PM
You've been real negative lately. What happened to the fun-loving, energetic, jovial, thurm we used to know?
That Thurm resides in the Twilight Zone.

mchurchfie
12-28-2006, 12:44 PM
That Thurm resides in the Twilight Zone.
:shake:

Ickybaluky
12-28-2006, 01:14 PM
I'd like to see the Colts travel to San Diego just to see how many yards LT would run for on their defense. I bet he'd hit 300.

THATHURMANATOR
12-28-2006, 01:20 PM
You and the entire Raven Nation would love to see the Colts come into Baltimore. I don't expect Irsay to be there. hahaha
There is a Raven Nation.... :ill: