PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Needs To Settle With Owners Before Free Agency Starts

Night Train
12-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Ralph needs to get his issues with the other owners squared away before March 1st. Otherwise, we are not players at all in Free Agency.

He'd look like the biggest hypocrite if letting Marv offer Nate or any UFA big $$. So he'd pass on most any good FA to prove his point or only let Marv sign more 2nd,3rd tier guys who just plug holes but don't really upgrade positions of need.

That's a legit concern. Ralph better get his issues solved because crying poverty won't do the ticket buying fans any favors and scare away UFA's who may otherwise consider coming here.

I pony up good $$ for seasons every year and won't accept a sales job on marginal players, who come as a bargain.

Hey RALPH !

1. Solve your issues with the owners and end the distraction.
2. Don't cry poverty when the FA period starts. If so..
3. Sell the team to local interests who aren't going to be satified with fielding an average team while collecting above average revenue.

I realize the last bargaining agreement STUNK and gave the players waaaaay too much. Now the cap and it's constant increases are getting out of hand. Eventually, it WILL drive small market teams like Buffalo out of the league, unless everyone doesn't mind seeing tickets increase 40-50 % over the next 5 years. It's the only way the team may stay here. Reform is needed or the owners need to hit the wall with the ticket buying fans and realize they pushed their luck.

For now, Ralph views the qualifiers of shared revenue as his last stand but the same headaches will return in 3-4 years ,with this financially irresponsible agreement.

If it comes to that, then the ticket sales will determine whether we still have a team in Buffalo by 2011-2012. If not, then I bet a new League forms with the 8-10 teams who can't afford to pay the deep snapper 5 mil a year and caps off salaries at a reasonable rate. Even if we leave the NFL, I bet we have another team within 2 years. Big $$ people would see those big empty stadiums and know there would be easy $$ to be made, if done right.

In the meantime, I want this 2007 team to get stronger and compete for a wild card spot. I don't want excuses rolling out of OBD or you can just close the team down now. I won't support a Triple A farm team for stronger organizations (see baseball), just so the Owner can squeeze out a few last dollars of profit in his final years of his life.

I've dumped thousands of dollars into seasons for most of my life and will not accept a cut rate BS effort by the Owner in return. I no longer care about the owners and players game of greed.

Get to work and save the excuses !

Gunzlingr
12-28-2006, 02:54 PM
What are you talking about? How is Ralph going to look like a hypocrite? His beef is with the league dumping money into the big market teams, and leaving the small ones high and dry.

Night Train
12-28-2006, 03:04 PM
What are you talking about? How is Ralph going to look like a hypocrite? His beef is with the league dumping money into the big market teams, and leaving the small ones high and dry.

Which directly drives the Cap up, such as the new NY stadium deal just recently announced. He claims the top 10 teams need to kick back significant revenue or he can no longer compete with the rising cap, despite all the supposed cap room.

That's all they've been talking about locally for the past month in WNY.

That's what I'm talking about.

The_Philster
12-28-2006, 03:17 PM
The cap is covered by TV contracts :rolleyes: