PDA

View Full Version : 2007: No more excuses....or what?

Mr. Cynical
12-28-2006, 05:51 PM
LOG's sig says "2007: NO MORE EXCUSES", which got me thinking....what happens if we miss the playoffs again next year? Are the following excuses valid?

"Team is full of TD's garbage"
"Salary cap woes"
"Inexperience"
"Youth"
"New coaching staff"
"New system"

If we miss again, what do you do if you are Ralph?

The_Philster
12-28-2006, 06:00 PM
depends on what happens...what if injuries are a major problem?

LtBillsFan66
12-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Yes. In 2007 there are no excuses in my book. I have very high expectations. I haven't had high expectations in years.

Mr. Cynical
12-28-2006, 06:15 PM
depends on what happens...what if injuries are a major problem?

Injuries are a part of the game. Good teams have the depth, character and coaching to step up.

IMO, the "what ifs" have been going on for long enough. Produce or be gone.

The_Philster
12-28-2006, 06:19 PM
depth is hard to get these days..losing a few players can be made up for by backups...but sometimes too many players go down...or key players with no suitable backups :idunno:
If our team is intact, we're a playoff team at the very least making it to the 2nd rd

Finch1983
12-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Greetings
Fin fan here. I think maybe a legit excuse would be that the AFC is ridiculously competitive. That is why I am very doubtful that the Fins will make the playoffs next year.

Devin
12-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Great post Cynical.

I feel the same, there really are no excuses. If we totally bork the draft and FA this season that would be an excuse, but it would simply mean Marv isnt the talent evaluator we thought he was.

Next season the only way we shouldnt be in the playoffs is because there were 6 teams with double digit wins higher then our double digit wins. If that isnt the case the Marv/Jauron experiment has failed.

Dr. Lecter
12-28-2006, 07:33 PM
Injuries are a part of the game. Good teams have the depth, character and coaching to step up.

IMO, the "what ifs" have been going on for long enough. Produce or be gone.

The "what ifs" for this curretn administration and staff have been going on for less than a year.

That being said, I look forward to a playoff apperance next year.

M
12-28-2006, 08:11 PM

We won't miss again ... BILL-IEVE it!

lordofgun
12-28-2006, 08:35 PM
The only reason I would give them a pass is if there were massive amounts of injuries.

gr8slayer
12-28-2006, 08:54 PM
There are no excuses. We have lost five games by a total of five points.

We know we can play, we lost to the Colts and the Chargers by a combined three points.

We will be in the play-offs next year.

BILLIEVE

cocamide
12-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Injuries can't be used as an excuse either. Look at what the Patsies did a couple of years ago with their whole defensive backfield injured. Look at Garcia taking over in Philly. Young guys need to step up when there are injuries, and I'm happy to say that the reserves on our team did an excellent job in stepping up when our players got injured. Just look at all the rookies that have been playing. It's going to be a very interesting offseason for Buffalo.

X-Era
12-28-2006, 09:23 PM
LOG's sig says "2007: NO MORE EXCUSES", which got me thinking....what happens if we miss the playoffs again next year? Are the following excuses valid?

"Salary cap woes"
"Inexperience"
"Youth"
"New coaching staff"
"New system"

If I were Ralph I would shoot myself in the head for having NO balls, and not paying for the necessary talent to make the playoffs!

You watch, we will let Fletch go, Nate go, and others and we will NOT replace them with equal or better talent.

You want to find an excuse? Take a borderline playoff team like this one and make it worse due to Ralphs old cheezy ass, and the cheapo mentality, and then you can expect to have a worse record.

You have the cap space spend it or sell the damn team.

No question that we have a crappy offseason with good draftees who wont play top notch for at least 2 years, and no name signees to replace our most productive FA losses.

Its business failure, if your not ahead of your competitors, your losing.

Mr. Cynical
12-28-2006, 11:00 PM
depth is hard to get these days..losing a few players can be made up for by backups...but sometimes too many players go down...or key players with no suitable backups :idunno:
If our team is intact, we're a playoff team at the very least making it to the 2nd rd

There are examples of teams (Pats come to mind) who have overcome the loss of several key players and still managed to win.

However...to avoid going back and forth...let's assume no major injuries next year. What do you say if we don't make the playoffs?

Mr. Cynical
12-28-2006, 11:03 PM
The "what ifs" for this curretn administration and staff have been going on for less than a year.

That being said, I look forward to a playoff apperance next year.

So what is your answer? I assume (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) it is that since this administration will have only 1 year under its belt before 2007 that you will give them a pass for not making the playoffs?

Dr. Lecter
12-28-2006, 11:11 PM
In general, no.

This team shoudl be in the playoffs next year, barring major injury loss (i.e. 2 QB's)

Mr. Cynical
12-28-2006, 11:16 PM
Great post Cynical.

I feel the same, there really are no excuses. If we totally bork the draft and FA this season that would be an excuse, but it would simply mean Marv isnt the talent evaluator we thought he was.

Next season the only way we shouldnt be in the playoffs is because there were 6 teams with double digit wins higher then our double digit wins. If that isnt the case the Marv/Jauron experiment has failed.

Injuries can't be used as an excuse either. Look at what the Patsies did a couple of years ago with their whole defensive backfield injured. Look at Garcia taking over in Philly. Young guys need to step up when there are injuries, and I'm happy to say that the reserves on our team did an excellent job in stepping up when our players got injured. Just look at all the rookies that have been playing. It's going to be a very interesting offseason for Buffalo.

Agreed. Here's my take....

We are going to be a 7-9/8-8 team this year. This is with a new staff and many of the same players from the TD regime. So it follows that the "there is not enough talent on the team" and the "they need more time to gel" excuses are not valid for next year because we almost made the playoffs and lost a few close games.

It also follows that if a team is going in the right direction it gets better, not worse. Hence, with our current record if we get any better there is a good probability we would make the playoffs (granted there are a ton of variables with tie breaks etc, but you have to make some assumptions to have a discussion on this matter).

Therefore, IMO, if we do not make the playoffs next year, then one or some of the following are the reasons:

1. We lost a bunch of key players in the off season and did not replace them with viable alternatives.

2. The coaching decisions/gameplans were terrible.

3. The players played like crap.

4. We finished with a 9-7 or better record but get bumped by some really close tie breakers.

If it's 1, 2 or 3, then IMO you purge. It's that simple. It means the team has either regressed OR this year was a fluke (for whatever reason).

#4 is the only way I would accept a non playoff year in 2007. Sometimes you are good enough but don't get the bounce in the end.

Mr. Cynical
12-28-2006, 11:17 PM
In general, no.

This team shoudl be in the playoffs next year, barring major injury loss (i.e. 2 QB's)

Ok, so if we don't have any major injuries and we miss the playoffs again, what would you do?

Tatonka
12-29-2006, 01:08 AM
There are no excuses. We have lost five games by a total of five points.

We know we can play, we lost to the Colts and the Chargers by a combined three points.

We will be in the play-offs next year.

BILLIEVE

god.. that just hurts to read.. 5 games by 5 total points.. man that really sucks a golden dildo.

Tatonka
12-29-2006, 01:09 AM
Ok, so if we don't have any major injuries and we miss the playoffs again, what would you do?

be pissed and look forward to the next season..

what do you want people to say? they will stop rooting for the team? you clearly are looking for a specific answer.. so why dont you just tell us what you want us to say.

Ebenezer
12-29-2006, 01:26 AM
you can never predict injuries or free agency...Buffalo could make all the right moves and it still might not work out...other teams could make just one or two moves and change their team into an instant winner.

traditionally, on paper this team should make the playoffs next year. But, according to this year's finish the schedule will be tough...it could get easier or harder depending on FA...you just don't know.

Until the final rosters are set there is no way of telling anything about 2007.

The_Philster
12-29-2006, 04:25 AM

what do you want people to say? they will stop rooting for the team? you clearly are looking for a specific answer.. so why dont you just tell us what you want us to say.
judging by his hatred for our coach, I'd guess he'd want us all to want Jauron fired :idunno:

jmb1099
12-29-2006, 07:06 AM
Yes. In 2007 there are no excuses in my book. I have very high expectations. I haven't had high expectations in years.
Yeah this is where I am at as well. I knew going into this year that we would have highs and lows, but I expected both overall improvement and a revealing of what our real needs were...I think both have happened. So in my mind we have an opportunity through the draft and free agency to fill the holes on dl, te, lb, #2 receiver, and possibly rb. We have camp and mini camps to continue to implement the new systems. The coach's have hopefully learned from their mistakes as well. There should be no reason we don't end up with at least a wild card birth next year unless the afc is so competitive that a 10 and 6 record is still not good enough because that is the record I see us with. So yeah my hopes are high this year.

RedEyE
12-29-2006, 07:14 AM
I see the Patriots declining, the Dolphins continued mediocrity, and the Jet's playing above themselves. I fully expect the Bills to be viable contenders for the division next year, and I'll accept nothing less then a Wild Card from them.

mybills
12-29-2006, 07:15 AM
God forbid, it would be one or more of the following.

Jauron suddenly dies.
Ralph dies.
Marv dies.

Those would be my excuses. Any of those would mess up this team in one way or another.

Mr. Cynical
12-29-2006, 01:38 PM

judging by his hatred for our coach, I'd guess he'd want us all to want Jauron fired :idunno:

Pretty simple question I thought....

And I already qualified it twice by saying that "barring major injuries" (and that means major, not just losing 1 player)

So Tonk, you are saying that if we miss the playoffs next year, you would be pissed and look forward to the next season. As Ralph, you wouldn't do anything with the current team.

Phil never answered, so I have no idea what he would do.

That about right?

Mr. Cynical
12-29-2006, 01:41 PM
you can never predict injuries or free agency...Buffalo could make all the right moves and it still might not work out...other teams could make just one or two moves and change their team into an instant winner.

traditionally, on paper this team should make the playoffs next year. But, according to this year's finish the schedule will be tough...it could get easier or harder depending on FA...you just don't know.

Until the final rosters are set there is no way of telling anything about 2007.

Agreed but this isn't a prediction question. That would be "Do you think the Bills will make it in 2007?"

My question is a what if question, i.e., "What if the Bills don't make it next year, what would you do as Ralph?"

justasportsfan
12-29-2006, 01:45 PM
If we don't make playoffs next year, we should put the sabres on the field.

Mr. Cynical
12-29-2006, 01:50 PM
If we don't make playoffs next year, we should put the sabres on the field.

Agreed. Lindy would make a great HC too. :up:

Would you want the buffaslug on the helmets or keep the current ones?

The_Philster
12-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Phil never answered, so I have no idea what he would do.
because like I said earlier, what happened that we missed the playoffs?
Did our defense let everyone run wild via the run or the pass?
Did JP regress?

There's too many variables involved.

Mr. Cynical
12-29-2006, 04:20 PM
because like I said earlier, what happened that we missed the playoffs?
Did our defense let everyone run wild via the run or the pass?
Did JP regress?

There's too many variables involved.

Aside from something out of their control, e.g., the aforementioned rash of major injuries, all those variables you just mentioned are, in the end, moot to the question. Bottom line - if they miss the playoffs next year, blame needs to be placed and action needs to be taken.

For example, if the d let everyone run wild, whose fault is that? Marv for not getting the right people in the offseason? Our DC for not gameplanning well? Dick for not stepping in and making the right changes? Any of those reasons are NOT acceptable and actions should be taken.

So you can still answer the question without having to consider every possible scenario. The only ones that would be acceptable IMO are major injuries and losing a close tie breaker, both of which are not under the control of the team. The rest - poor play, poor gameplanning, poor depth, etc., can all be accounted for and dealt with.

The_Philster
12-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Aside from something out of their control, e.g., the aforementioned rash of major injuries, all those variables you just mentioned are, in the end, moot to the question. Bottom line - if they miss the playoffs next year, blame needs to be placed and action needs to be taken.

For example, if the d let everyone run wild, whose fault is that? Marv for not getting the right people in the offseason? Our DC for not gameplanning well? Dick for not stepping in and making the right changes? Any of those reasons are NOT acceptable and actions should be taken..that actions should be taken isn't an issue..that blame needing to be placed isn't either. It's obvious that some action would have to be taken...that's something that has to happen regardless of what happens.
But I know I can't say what action should be taken without knowing exactly what happened during the season. :idunno:

Mr. Cynical
12-29-2006, 04:36 PM
that actions should be taken isn't an issue..that blame needing to be placed isn't either. It's obvious that some action would have to be taken...that's something that has to happen regardless of what happens.
But I know I can't say what action should be taken without knowing exactly what happened during the season. :idunno:

What happened is that (in this question) the Bills missed the playoffs again without major injuries or tie breakers. For me, that's all that need be known to know what to do. But hey, if you need to wait until next year to post what you would do, that's up to you.

The_Philster
12-29-2006, 04:41 PM
What happened is that (in this question) the Bills missed the playoffs again without major injuries or tie breakers. For me, that's all that need be known to know what to do. But hey, if you need to wait until next year to post what you would do, that's up to you.
To make an informed decision, how can you do anything but wait for the results? :idunno:
I know you despise Jauron...but would it be his fault if JP regresses? Or what if we get torched regularly by opposing passers? Or what if we're a solid team all around...finish with a 10-6 record...but still miss the playoffs because 6 other AFC teams are better?

Mr. Cynical
12-29-2006, 04:49 PM
To make an informed decision, how can you do anything but wait for the results? :idunno:
I know you despise Jauron...but would it be his fault if JP regresses? Or what if we get torched regularly by opposing passers? Or what if we're a solid team all around...finish with a 10-6 record...but still miss the playoffs because 6 other AFC teams are better?

This is an internet discussion forum. If you wait for the results to make any kind of statements, it would be a pretty dull forum. But maybe that's just me. :idunno:

In any case, regardless of what happens during the season, the bottom line is that we almost made the playoffs this year and (in this question) we do not make it next year. Barring what I've already stated about injuries and tiebreakers, there are no more excuses IMO. Produce or be gone. It's that simple.

The_Philster
12-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Produce or be gone. It's that simple.who, though? If we miss the playoffs, do we nuke the entire team? That's what I'm saying. You're saying we miss the playoffs...but not saying why.
If it's a case where JP regresses, another QB may have to be looked at.
If the secondary can't stop anyone, what happened? Is it a lack of a pass rush? Who's not stepping up? Do we not have a suitable replacement for Nate if we let him walk? Is it the scheme? If you were more specific, I think I could answer better...course...a lot of us might have the same answers, too :laughter:

Mr. Cynical
12-29-2006, 05:35 PM
who, though? If we miss the playoffs, do we nuke the entire team? That's what I'm saying. You're saying we miss the playoffs...but not saying why.
If it's a case where JP regresses, another QB may have to be looked at.
If the secondary can't stop anyone, what happened? Is it a lack of a pass rush? Who's not stepping up? Do we not have a suitable replacement for Nate if we let him walk? Is it the scheme? If you were more specific, I think I could answer better...course...a lot of us might have the same answers, too :laughter:

I understand what you are saying...I guess my thought is that all of those things are a direct reflection of Marv and Dick...

If JP regresses and we don't have a viable backup, then that would refect upon Marv's ability to evaluate players and plan for contingencies. Same goes for a lack of a pass rush or a faltering secondary.

If the gamplanning stinks, or the team is unmotivated or undisciplined, it comes back to Dick.

So really, outside of major injuries or tiebreakers, if we miss the playoffs again it all falls on them.

The "new system" excuse is gone because that was this year. The "new coaches" excuse is gone because that was this year. The "we are straddled with TD's garbage" is gone because we had this offseason (and next offseason) to clean it out, not to mention 13 of his picks are starting anyway. And to wrap it all up, we almost made the playoffs this year with all those "excuses".

So IMO, no playoffs next year and I put the blame squarely on the FO and would send them packing. Not a popular choice I'm sure but when you are going on 8 years without a playoff game, you can't sit back and hope. We tried that for 5 years with TD and I don't want to wait that long to act again.

LifetimeBillsFan
12-30-2006, 05:22 AM
I do not necessarily expect the Bills to make the playoffs next season--and would not blame anyone if they did not.

Why?

1.) I began by expecting the rebuilding process begun when Levy took over to take 3 years--which is about average for a solid rebuilding job on a team as fractured as the Bills were at the end of last season. I'm sticking with that 3 year time frame--for reasons that should become apparent below.

2.) IMHO the Bills have done better than expected this season. That's wonderful, but I do not expect a young, developing team to exceed its expected rate of growth every year. Young players and young teams develop and mature in fits and starts--don't believe me, go back and look at the Bills from 1986-1990. I expect some "sophomore slumps", key injuries, ups-and-downs, etc. Footballs have a funny way of bouncing and sometimes things don't go as expected--just ask the Pittsburgh Steelers or Cincinnatti Bengals, two teams expected to contend for the Super Bowl this year who will be sitting home along with the Bills.

3.) The Bills have a BRUTAL schedule and play in a highly competitive conference with more potential playoff teams than the NFC. In addition to the teams in their own division, the Bills will play Baltimore, Cincy, Pittsburgh, Philly, Dallas, the NY Giants, Jacksonville or the Titans, and KC--that's 9 potential playoff teams--plus a Cleveland team that is slowly improving and a Washington club that you know D.Snyder will spend all kinds of money to make better. If the Titans win on Sunday, the only team the Bills will play next year that has not had a winning record in the last two years (counting this one) will be Cleveland. The Bills will have to be a better team than they are this season just to go 8-8 against that schedule and 8-8 won't be good enough to make the playoffs in the AFC. The grind of going up against that quality of opposition week after week will make them a better team in the long run, but will make it hard for them to maintain their edge and win consistently.

4.) I know that most folks don't want to hear this, but the Bills will still be a young team next season. Depending on what happens in free agency, the Bills could have rookie or first year starters at 3-4 positions (1-gap DT, LB, CB, FB, RG), to go along with all of the rookies who have started or logged significant minutes this season, who will just be second year starters. That will still be a very young, inexperienced club. Talented enough to make the playoffs, but still young enough to be prone to making costly mistakes. The Bills are a team that still needs to learn how to win--they're starting to do that, but they have not gotten it down yet and it may take all of next season for them to do so.

5.) "You know what" happens.... Do I really have to even say this to Bills fans? To anyone familiar with Buffalo sports history? After seeing Josh Reed bowled over in the end zone with the ball hanging in the air headed in his direction and not seeing a single referee reach into his pocket and drop a flag at the end of last week's game, is any further explanation of this necessary????

6.) The AFC has so many good teams in it that making the playoffs will be a dog-fight and it could easily take 10 wins plus a tie-breaker to get the last playoff spot. To look at all of the teams that will be contending and expect that the Bills, with first or second year starters at close to half of the positions on offense and defense, will be ready to beat them out--or else!--is, to my way of thinking, unfair. I expect them to contend, to be there fighting for a playoff berth, but not necessarily to get one. I will be delighted if they do, disappointed if they don't, but I do not feel that they must make the playoffs.

What I do expect from the Bills next season is that they take the next step towards being legitimate Super Bowl contenders: that they play better and more consistently on both sides of the ball--which they will have to do just to break even against the teams that they will play--that they continue to reduce their mistakes and be competitive in all of their games, and that they show me that they are learning how to win--how to stop the other guy's from driving down the field or running out the clock when the game is on the line and how to put TDs on the board instead of FGs, etc. I want next year's team to show me that they have character and, win or lose, will stick together and fight when things are tough and not going their way. I've seen glimpses of that from them this season, I want to see these things more consistently next year. That is what I expect. And, if they do those things, playoff berths and championships will come in short order, even if not immediately (would I like immediate gratification? sure, it would be great, but I do not expect it...I just want to see growing signs that it is coming).

Does that answer your question, Mr.Cynical?

Historian
12-30-2006, 05:33 AM
I do not necessarily expect the Bills to make the playoffs next season--and would not blame anyone if they did not.

Why?

1.) I began by expecting the rebuilding process begun when Levy took over to take 3 years--which is about average for a solid rebuilding job on a team as fractured as the Bills were at the end of last season. I'm sticking with that 3 year time frame--for reasons that should become apparent below.

Great post LTBF.

It's going to take more than one season to undo Donahoe's train wreck, however, I expect Marv will get it done.

Mr. Cynical
12-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Does that answer your question, Mr.Cynical?

Yep, basically you are saying you are giving the current FO 3 years to make the playoffs before you would make a change. That's a clear answer.

Mr. Cynical
12-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Great post LTBF.

It's going to take more than one season to undo Donahoe's train wreck, however, I expect Marv will get it done.

You all know how much I hated and lobbied for TD's disposal, but.....aside from the coaches, aren't most of the players who almost made the playoffs from TD's regime? If so, it's hard to call the team TD's train wreck. And if it's not a train wreck, it should make the playoffs next year.....

The_Philster
12-30-2006, 05:59 PM
You all know how much I hated and lobbied for TD's disposal, but.....aside from the coaches, aren't most of the players who almost made the playoffs from TD's regime? If so, it's hard to call the team TD's train wreck. And if it's not a train wreck, it should make the playoffs next year.....
TD's problem wasn't in finding talent...it was in being willing to hire a coach with a brain...not to mention alienating fans.
Besides, Modrak has been here since June 2001, just a few months after TD arrived...and our most recent draft, sans TD BTW, has produced some solid players so far...5 of them starting for us....makes you wonder who deserves more of the credit :scratch: After all, the Steelers kept going strong until this year after TD left.

Philagape
12-30-2006, 06:03 PM
ANY GM can draft good players ... a couch potato with a magazine can draft good players ... What defines a good or bad GM is how many busts he drafts, the coaches he hires, and the overall performance of the team. Individual good players don't do much good if other areas of the team fall apart, like the lines and run defense.

Mr. Cynical
12-30-2006, 07:51 PM
TD's problem wasn't in finding talent...it was in being willing to hire a coach with a brain...not to mention alienating fans.
Besides, Modrak has been here since June 2001, just a few months after TD arrived...and our most recent draft, sans TD BTW, has produced some solid players so far...5 of them starting for us....makes you wonder who deserves more of the credit :scratch: After all, the Steelers kept going strong until this year after TD left.

I agree and have said the same as well in other threads (although his choice of OL has to go down as the worst in history)

But here's the thing....if that's true, that TD picked pretty good players, then this team is *not* a train wreck. And if it is not a train wreck, it shoudn't take 3+ years to reach the playoffs. This year we just missed (insert whatever reasons one wants to list). So, IMO, logically we should make it next year *if* the FO doesn't eff it up by poor coaching, poor drafting, poor gameplanning, poor in-game calls. (again this if we don't have major injuries/weird tie breaks)

SABURZFAN
12-30-2006, 08:57 PM
i can see this excuse coming.....

"but he's a 2nd year player in his 4th year....."

jmb1099
12-30-2006, 10:58 PM

http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/602/602__image_09.jpg
:down:

kernowboy
12-31-2006, 10:56 AM
I can see us getting into the playoffs next season.

I think the concern about Fletcher and Clements and maybe even TKO leaving are overrated. Fletcher has had a huge year but at 32 what will next year be like after a big contract? Likewise with Clements only starting to play when contract negotiations were up and coming? and TKO not recovering sufficiently to replicate his halycon performances?

I could even see McGahee being moved.

I think we will have a similarly excellent draft to last year. 6 picks of which 5 will be able to start.

I think we will do much better in free agency though to be honest, Marv's first attempt is not quite the train wreck I initially thought it was. I can see a big RG, a MLB, a vet CB, a second TE, .... I can see Willis being moved before he becomes a problem and a vet RB coming in to team with A Train.

A FA of David Diehl, Matt Wilhelm, Mike Rumph, Daniel Graham, TJ Duckett and a draft of Posluzny, Okoye, Free, Weddle and Jason Hill would be superb for the future of the team

The bonus from shifting Willis would be an extra Day1 pick in 2008 allowing us to move up for Steve Slaton and finally a superbowl ring in Jan/Feb 2009

ublinkwescore
12-31-2006, 12:53 PM
I say no more excuses - Marv knows what must be done, and it's not that much that it can't be addressed in this offseason - granted we will find that there will still be holes on this team - that's the case with every team - but Marv better be able to get enough of them filled to where we are a viable playoff contender - I expect us to beat the patriots at least once next year, sweep the fins again and split with the jets minimum - I want at least a 4-2 record in our division next season - nothing less.

Typ0
12-31-2006, 01:04 PM
Great post LTBF.

I don't think TD did that poorly on the field. Right now, the team is aging but that is part of a natural process. He brought in a lot of talent. he got hosed on the MW pick, had that worked out the team would have been much much better. TDs big trainwreck was in his relationship with people (players, fans, media) and the coaches he selected. That is my opinion and I stick by it. And thereby, I do not think this team is that far removed from being a contender. Had JP Losman been more of a QB in the first half of his fourth season we'd be headed for playoffs right now. We need to do something about our run defense.

HHURRICANE
12-31-2006, 03:05 PM

"Salary cap woes"
"Inexperience"
"Youth"
"New coaching staff"
"New system"

New owner!! At some point Ralph is accountable. I watched the piece of **** that he put on the field in the 70's!! Deja-Vu. All his buddies have SB rings except us!!

Bling
12-31-2006, 04:20 PM
I can hear 'em now...

Well, since last year was JP's rookie year - Sophomore jinx, guys!

Bling
12-31-2006, 04:21 PM

Sophomore jinx, guys! He'll come around eventually!

Mr. Cynical
12-31-2006, 04:59 PM
New owner!! At some point Ralph is accountable. I watched the piece of **** that he put on the field in the 70's!! Deja-Vu. All his buddies have SB rings except us!!

In a perfect world, yes, I would like to see a new owner. IMO the game has passed him by. But this isn't likely to happen unless he passes away, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.