• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

2007: No more excuses....or what?

LOG's sig says "2007: NO MORE EXCUSES", which got me thinking....what happens if we miss the playoffs again next year? Are the following excuses valid?

"Team is full of TD's garbage"
    "Salary cap woes"
    "Inexperience"
    "Youth"
    "New coaching staff"
    "New system"

If we miss again, what do you do if you are Ralph?
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: 2007: No more excuses....or what?

depends on what happens...what if injuries are a major problem?
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

Yes. In 2007 there are no excuses in my book. I have very high expectations. I haven't had high expectations in years.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
        depends on what happens...what if injuries are a major problem?
        Injuries are a part of the game. Good teams have the depth, character and coaching to step up.

IMO, the "what ifs" have been going on for long enough. Produce or be gone.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

depth is hard to get these days..losing a few players can be made up for by backups...but sometimes too many players go down...or key players with no suitable backups
          If our team is intact, we're a playoff team at the very least making it to the 2nd rd
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Finch1983
            • Dec 2006

Greetings
            Fin fan here. I think maybe a legit excuse would be that the AFC is ridiculously competitive. That is why I am very doubtful that the Fins will make the playoffs next year.

Comment

• Devin
              The Octagon
              • Apr 2003

Great post Cynical.

I feel the same, there really are no excuses. If we totally bork the draft and FA this season that would be an excuse, but it would simply mean Marv isnt the talent evaluator we thought he was.

Next season the only way we shouldnt be in the playoffs is because there were 6 teams with double digit wins higher then our double digit wins. If that isnt the case the Marv/Jauron experiment has failed.
              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                Injuries are a part of the game. Good teams have the depth, character and coaching to step up.

IMO, the "what ifs" have been going on for long enough. Produce or be gone.
                The "what ifs" for this curretn administration and staff have been going on for less than a year.

That being said, I look forward to a playoff apperance next year.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• M
                  • Aug 2006

We won't miss again ... BILL-IEVE it!
                  Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• lordofgun
                    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

The only reason I would give them a pass is if there were massive amounts of injuries.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

There are no excuses. We have lost five games by a total of five points.

We know we can play, we lost to the Colts and the Chargers by a combined three points.

We will be in the play-offs next year.

BILLIEVE

Comment

• cocamide
                        • Oct 2006

Injuries can't be used as an excuse either. Look at what the Patsies did a couple of years ago with their whole defensive backfield injured. Look at Garcia taking over in Philly. Young guys need to step up when there are injuries, and I'm happy to say that the reserves on our team did an excellent job in stepping up when our players got injured. Just look at all the rookies that have been playing. It's going to be a very interesting offseason for Buffalo.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

LOG's sig says "2007: NO MORE EXCUSES", which got me thinking....what happens if we miss the playoffs again next year? Are the following excuses valid?

"Team is full of TD's garbage"
                          "Salary cap woes"
                          "Inexperience"
                          "Youth"
                          "New coaching staff"
                          "New system"

If I were Ralph I would shoot myself in the head for having NO balls, and not paying for the necessary talent to make the playoffs!

You watch, we will let Fletch go, Nate go, and others and we will NOT replace them with equal or better talent.

You want to find an excuse? Take a borderline playoff team like this one and make it worse due to Ralphs old cheezy ass, and the cheapo mentality, and then you can expect to have a worse record.

You have the cap space spend it or sell the damn team.

No question that we have a crappy offseason with good draftees who wont play top notch for at least 2 years, and no name signees to replace our most productive FA losses.

Its business failure, if your not ahead of your competitors, your losing.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                            Maybe?
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                            depth is hard to get these days..losing a few players can be made up for by backups...but sometimes too many players go down...or key players with no suitable backups
                            If our team is intact, we're a playoff team at the very least making it to the 2nd rd
                            There are examples of teams (Pats come to mind) who have overcome the loss of several key players and still managed to win.

However...to avoid going back and forth...let's assume no major injuries next year. What do you say if we don't make the playoffs?

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              The "what ifs" for this curretn administration and staff have been going on for less than a year.

That being said, I look forward to a playoff apperance next year.
                              So what is your answer? I assume (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) it is that since this administration will have only 1 year under its belt before 2007 that you will give them a pass for not making the playoffs?

Comment

Working...
                              X