PDA

View Full Version : Donahoe Takes the Media to Cap Class

RedEyE
03-04-2003, 06:05 PM
Article by Vic Carucci. NFL.com

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (March 3, 2003) -- When it was over, Tom Donahoe said he felt like a teacher once again, right down to the blank stares he used to see on many students' faces.

"You just know that everybody is saying, 'What did he say?'" the Buffalo Bills president/general manager said with a sheepish green as he stepped down from the platform in the media room at the team's training facility.

Donahoe, a former high school English teacher, had just finished conducting a class of sorts. The subject was "Understanding the Salary Cap and Other Complex Financial Issues in Today's NFL." The students were about 20 members of the media that regularly cover the Bills. I accepted an invitation to also attend on the assumption that you can never have too much cap knowledge.

Now I'm having second thoughts. http://nfl.com/insider/story/6226117

Interesting point : ..Oh, and it is also possible for a team to trade a player with a franchise tag, but must do so the same day the player signs the one-year franchise agreement or will be responsible for that player's cap figure....

clumping platelets
03-05-2003, 04:09 AM
It's actually a 24 hr period after signing it

I wish I could have been there :sadwalk:

don137
03-05-2003, 06:40 AM
Any truth to the rumor that Clump and Eb tried to sneak into the class disguised as Art Wander and Larry Felser respectively?

clumping platelets
03-05-2003, 07:27 AM
:ontome:

Earthquake Enyart
03-05-2003, 07:38 AM
Just get a bad hairpiece and say you're from Empire

TigerJ
03-05-2003, 08:19 AM
They should have asked Clumpy and EB to help teach it.

lordofgun
03-05-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Just get a bad hairpiece and say you're from Empire

:rofl: