PDA

View Full Version : Switching road and home jerseys

qcsabresfan84
03-04-2003, 07:04 PM
I heard that the NHL is having the teams wear their current road jerseys at home and vice versa starting next season. Has anyone else heard about it? because I'm not sure if it's true.

SkateZilla
03-05-2003, 12:07 AM
Post All Star Break The AHL and NHL Swap Jerseys.

No reason
they just decided to do it that way.

Guy Incognito
03-05-2003, 08:27 AM
Yes it is true qc and yea SkateZilla there is a reason.

The change is because the NHL used to have teams wear colored sweaters at home. They first changed it to what is currently being worn because the league said road teams in white sweaters look sloppy with blood, puck marks, etc. Being on the road the had no way of washing them so quickly.

This change back is partly tradition but mainly because 14 of 15 teams have alternate sweaters that are colored and can now wear them moreso at home than on the road.

Numero2
03-05-2003, 11:59 AM
The league also mentioned the rising cost of traveling with the extra luggage (post Sept 11th and all that). Teams used to have to carry both home and away because they didnt know what they would be wearing, now they will just have to carry one

Guy Incognito
03-06-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Numero2
The league also mentioned the rising cost of traveling with the extra luggage (post Sept 11th and all that). Teams used to have to carry both home and away because they didnt know what they would be wearing, now they will just have to carry one

Actually teams put out a "Third Sweater Schedule" before season. The deal with what you said Numero is partially true. For example (not true, but...): The Panthers want to wear their 3rds Saturday, so the Sabres must bring their homes. But, the next day, the Sabres will have to wear their 3rds or roads in Tampa because they don't have a 3rd sweater. Of course Tampa could always wear their roads, but that leads us to the scenaro set up next year...

Numero2
03-06-2003, 04:18 PM
hey I am surprised I even got that much of it right............it's difficult to be a die hard Sabres fan (30years and counting) in this damn Texas heat