PDA

View Full Version : Wilson An Example of Perseverance; Roster Promotion

gr8slayer
12-29-2006, 01:56 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?NEWS_ID=4550

gr8slayer
12-29-2006, 01:56 PM
In the first 15 games of this season for the Buffalo Bills George Wilson has not been on the field. He has not taken a single snap. He has not even been dressed on game day. After spending the 2005 season on the active roster, being on Buffalo's practice squad in 2006 would be a demotion that could bury a player that fought so hard to make the 53-man squad.

Not George Wilson.

Through the entire 2006 campaign Buffalo's practice squad receiver has poured every ounce of himself into each and every practice week. Wilson doesn't know any different. Always one to see the glass half-full Wilson's dedication and commitment have paid off.

On Friday, Bills head coach Dick Jauron recognized Wilson's hard work all season by promoting him to the 53-man roster Friday for the team's final regular season game in Baltimore. Fullback Daimon Shelton was placed on injured reserve to create room on the squad.

For Wilson it was a reward that left him touched.

"Coach surprised me with it this morning and I guess all my hard work and time and effort that I've shown them each and every day since they arrived here early in the spring paid off," Wilson said. "I guess this is their way to show their appreciation."

There are few players on Buffalo's roster who work harder than Wilson. Winter, spring, summer or fall, Wilson usually spends his days practicing, training, studying to maximize his talent as a player in this league. A plethora of talented wideouts however, dotted Buffalo's roster this summer and Wilson was one of the team's hard decisions. He was the seventh receiver for a roster that could only keep six and so Wilson found himself on Buffalo's practice squad.

But Wilson, as is his nature, took a positive outlook on the opportunity presented to him.

justasportsfan
12-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Aha! I called that.

He will be activated only to sit on the bench :ill:

Na, if I know Jp , he'll look for Wilson on the field and give him his first catch of his HOF carreer with the bills. :D.

Historian
12-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Good for him.

Everybody liked him in preseason.

ShadowHawk7
12-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I would say his tremendous work ethic should earn at least a few snaps ahead of Aiken, Davis, and even Parrish this week.

madness
12-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Put him in coach, he's ready to play!

If our DB's are saying sometimes the game situation was easier then going against him in practice, you have to see what this kid can do on the the stage.

The last buffalo fan
12-29-2006, 03:40 PM
I was rooting for Aiken, but I guess no more!!!

TigerJ
12-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Aha! I called that.

He will be activated only to sit on the bench :ill:

Na, if I know Jp , he'll look for Wilson on the field and give him his first catch of his HOF carreer with the bills. :D.

I expect you're right about Wilson riding the bench, unless he's had a lot of practice on special teams.

Saratoga Slim
12-29-2006, 04:19 PM
I like the fact that Jauron noticed Wilson's hard work and dedication to the team, and then did something to recognize it. That's a good coaching move. It will help keep everybody on the roster working like they know they're being watched. Thumbs up to Jauron and to GW.

Historian
12-30-2006, 05:03 AM
So what does he get paid for this weekend?

Clump, do you know?

RedEyE
12-30-2006, 06:29 AM
Its a good move for the staff as well. They get to evaluate his ability in real time should prove helpful when the cut down the roster next season. Personally I'd take him over Aiken anyday of the week. Maybe this is Sam's last year...finally.