PDA

View Full Version : Price wants to be in Atlanta. Bills & Falcons still talking.

Romes
03-04-2003, 09:17 PM
http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/sports/falcons/0303/05falcons.html

Price wants to play in Atlanta. So much so that he is not going to visit other teams. The teams are trying to work a deal out, but the pace has been slow because Falcons chief administrative officer Ray Anderson traveled Tuesday to New York for a meeting of the NFL's minority hiring committee.

The Bills want a first round pick but Anderson's response was ''Let's not assume we don't have any interest in having our first-round draft choice.''

Atlanta officials have broached the possibility of sending a lower pick and a player or players to the Bills. ''Anything's conceivable, and that's not a scenario that's impossible,'' Anderson said.

Its good to see that Atlanta is still working to get Price. Although it seems that they haven't gotten to the point of offering their first round pick yet. I really hope they get desperate and just send us their #23 pick.

The_Philster
03-04-2003, 09:19 PM
That can be good if Atlanta really wants him...but bad if they don't because we could be stuck with him unless we just release our rights to him like Philly did with Trotter last year.

RedEyE
03-04-2003, 09:26 PM
Well their 1st round might as well be a high 2nd round pick, so I really don't think it's asking too much. Especially, if Price signs the current offer, they'll have to give 2 first round picks. They'll bite. I guess my only question is, Who are the willing to trade if Buffalo accepts a lower pick offer? Buchannan? - No way! The guy is a bum and past his prime. There are only 2 possible individuals that I might consider. 1) Jay Feely & 2) TJ Duckett. Believe me, they aren't going to trade away either one of those guys. They might as well make it easy on themselves and Buffalo and just make the deal. A 1st and a 6th is more than resonable.

Ð
03-04-2003, 09:28 PM
Enough with the Falcon talks...start Falcon signing ;)

Doc
03-04-2003, 09:30 PM
Let Atlanta sweat it out for awhile. If they don't want to get serious and give up their 1st round pick, they can get involved in the David Boston bidding war that will ultimately bite whatever idiot team takes the risk on him, or they can go through the trouble of making an offer to Coles, waste a week and see the Jets match the offer. They'll still have crap for WR's.

justasportsfan
03-04-2003, 09:30 PM
Cmon Atlanta. You guys know you are one wr away from meeting the bills in the SB next year! :D

Sign this blank piece of paper right here at the bottom and we'll have one of our contract experts (quizlet) draw up the contract.

Romes
03-04-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Well their 1st round might as well be a high 2nd round pick, so I really don't think it's asking too much. Especially, if Price signs the current offer, they'll have to give 2 first round picks. They'll bite. I guess my only question is, Who are the willing to trade if Buffalo accepts a lower pick offer? Buchannan? - No way! The guy is a bum and past his prime. There are only 2 possible individuals that I might consider. 1) Jay Feely & 2) TJ Duckett. Believe me, they aren't going to trade away either one of those guys. They might as well make it easy on themselves and Buffalo and just make the deal. A 1st and a 6th is more than resonable.

Exactly! If they really want a WR, PP is their only feasable choice. They are gonna have to suck it up and give us their 1st rounder.

Boston is too expensive for them. He is gonna get huge money from either Baltimore, Arizona or San Diego. And Coles is gonna be matched or cost them a 1st rounder anyway.

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2003, 11:09 PM
I'd take a 2nd round pick and Duckett. Decent kickers are a dime a dozen.