PDA

View Full Version : Losman Getting Pounded Hard With Zero Blocking, Then Hits Evans

Night Train
12-31-2006, 05:01 PM
That showed me a ton.

For the love of GOD, find some Guards and a RB who can block for this guy.

Michael82
12-31-2006, 05:16 PM
JP has been getting killed all game, even when he gets rid of the ball right away. I was very impressed by that long TD too. I love his long ball. :drool:

I have definitely come to the conclusion that OL is still needed this next offseason. I thought that Gandy and Preston were both doing their jobs after the bye, but after the last few weeks, I realize that the Guards are definite need positions for the Bills.

The_Philster
12-31-2006, 06:19 PM
That defense would make virtually any guard look like an amateur...I say virtually because there's no such thing as an unstoppable defense...we need to upgrade at both G spots

cocamide
12-31-2006, 06:39 PM
The O-Line looked pretty pathetic today. But give credit to the Ravens. Didn't they have around 7 sacks against Pittsburgh earlier in the year and shut them out? The Bills looked bad today, no doubt, but there is a reason the Ravens are the #2 seed in the AFC.

The_Philster
12-31-2006, 06:40 PM
The O-Line looked pretty pathetic today. But give credit to the Ravens. Didn't they have around 7 sacks against Pittsburgh earlier in the year and shut them out? The Bills looked bad today, no doubt, but there is a reason the Ravens are the #2 seed in the AFC.
exactly...but if we want this team to not only go to the playoffs, but win in the playoffs, we have to be able to beat the best

JoeMama
12-31-2006, 06:41 PM
I thought JP Losman absolutely sucked today outside of one pass.

I like the guy, but he was awful.

RoanokeVABillsFan
12-31-2006, 06:45 PM
There was absolutely no running game and he was pressured all game. There is no way you can say he sucked today. Was it his best game? No. Considering the circumstances, he did not suck. The offense had absolutely no balance. I agree with Mikey82 that the OLine is improved but if you can't run against a top defense, it is not where you need to be and still needs improvement.

The_Philster
12-31-2006, 06:47 PM
No QB will succeed without some semblance of a running game

JoeMama
12-31-2006, 06:47 PM
I don't equivocate w/ quarterbacks.

It's black & white.

They either suck or they don't.

JP Losman -- as good as he's been the past half a season -- sucked today.

Night Train
12-31-2006, 06:56 PM
Little question JP made some poor decisions today.

I wish he had a real #2 WR and an OL which wasn't getting torched for 4 quarters. Plus a running game to set something up. Most of the game it was JP all by himself, praying he could find Evans.

Then maybe he wouldn't be in most of those lose/lose situations. Not making ANY excuses for him but I refuse to take the simpleton route and singling out poor QB play while giving several other underachieving Offensive players a free pass.

justasportsfan
12-31-2006, 07:00 PM
QB's that played ravens D.

Rivers- 13/22 145 yds 1 TD 1 INT

BEn- 15/31 156 yds 1 TD 2 INT

Green - 15/27 178 yds 1 TD 2 INT

Young 13/25 211 yds 0 TD 1 INT

Palmer 21/32 234 yds 1 TD 0 INT

JP - 20/35 249 yds 1 TD 2 INT

there's more but I guess you should get the point.

The difference is that all of those qb's had more than 33 yds from their rb's. Some even more than 100 yds to help the qb's.

cocamide
12-31-2006, 07:10 PM
If we want to remain objective then yes, JP sucked today. I wasn't so worried about the picks or the sacks, but he seemed off target a lot of the time. The pass to Royal that just floated there and was finally run down by McAlister, and the hangtime of the TD pass made Moorman jealous. But it wasn't just those, he couldn't get the ball over the D-Line's hands and he hung Parrish out to dry twice (nice job hanging on BTW). It probably had to do with the rush throwing off his timing, and I'm sure he feels much worse about how he played than any of us do. What I like about JP is that he wants to win. Remember that guy Rob Johnson? He could have cared less what happened. JP will work is @$$ off this offseason, and I can't wait til next year.

Lexwhat
12-31-2006, 07:13 PM
That showed me a ton.

For the love of GOD, find some Guards and a RB who can block for this guy.

Willis sucked today - but actually he did block well, that's about it...