PDA

View Full Version : Id never have thought...

Devin
12-31-2006, 06:05 PM
By seasons end JP would have tossed 3000K+ in yardage. 19 td's and 14 INT's (thus far) with well over 400 attempts and a QB rating in the high 80's.

While I still believe JP makes some flat out ******ed decisions (more frequently then not) he has certainly come a long way. I can only hope he keeps it up next season.

Had he had a few more TD passes this year I could take the INT's. I know league wide hes still in the top half though.

At any rate, JP to Lee is a pretty sweet combo.

casdhf
12-31-2006, 06:13 PM
I was more pissed about the sack inside of 2 min in the 2nd quarter than I was at the 2 picks, at least for this week

Overall, I think he's earned the job next year, without question ... he did more than I thought possible ... and I liked him all along

Devin
12-31-2006, 06:16 PM
Its going to be interesting to see what we do in the offseason to not only keep whoever we can, but draft/FA wise.

Id like to see a weapon added at TE. I think doing that will make our WR's opposite Lee look pretty good.

justasportsfan
12-31-2006, 06:20 PM
We have our future qb. Give him an OL and a running game, this guy could be a probowler.

casdhf
12-31-2006, 06:20 PM
At least Royal came on at the end of the season ... also the shotgun 4 wide worked really well

I think next year we can take a run at the Pats

The offense is pretty set, its all hinging on what happens to the D in the off-season

justasportsfan
12-31-2006, 06:22 PM
The offense is pretty set, its all hinging on what happens to the D in the off-season

I disagree, we need to fix this running game.

X-Era
12-31-2006, 06:28 PM

I agree, a OG or 2 from FA, adding guys like Leonhard, and adding another big play WR makes us potent.

We were forced to go with the Losman to Evans combo. Our run game was yet again non-existant today.

Our only real playmakers who can be counted on are Evans, JP, and sometimes McGahee.

We need to upgrade FB, TE, #2 WR, and add at least one starting OG, Id love a new stud C.

However, I see maybe 10% of that actually happening

Novacane
12-31-2006, 06:36 PM
OL still needs upgraded. Royal is ok for a solid backup but we could use and upgrade at starting TE. The D needs a lot of work.

Philagape
12-31-2006, 06:51 PM
We should go all out for Tony Gonzalez. Add him and a good guard (Steinbach), and the offense will take a leap forward.

Michael82
12-31-2006, 07:01 PM
yeah we do. I'm so sick of seeing Willis dancing in the backfield. I'm so sick of the holes closing before he even has a chance to get thru. :mad:

Ingtar33
12-31-2006, 07:11 PM
the 1st int today was a great play by the DB.

JP made the right read on the blitz, the pass could have been a bit lower and to the outside, but to be honest, i don't think it would have stopped McAlister from picking it off. sometimes you got to tip your hat to the DB.

The 2nd Pick was too high, but the WR didn't fight hard enough for the ball (as it hit him in the hands). That INT was the 1st one all year that pissed me off enough to curse out loud. To hit your WR on the goal-line and have the ball pulled from his hands. That still frosts me.

justasportsfan
12-31-2006, 07:13 PM
the 1st int today was a great play by the DB.

JP made the right read on the blitz, the pass could have been a bit lower and to the outside, but to be honest, i don't think it would have stopped McAlister from picking it off. sometimes you got to tip your hat to the DB.

The 2nd Pick was too high, but the WR didn't fight hard enough for the ball (as it hit him in the hands). That INT was the 1st one all year that pissed me off enough to curse out loud. To hit your WR on the goal-line and have the ball pulled from his hands. That still frosts me.

It was bound to happen. We couldn't run any semblance of play action because we had no running game. The ravens new we were throwing all the way.

Dicknoze69
12-31-2006, 07:46 PM
It was bound to happen. We couldn't run any semblance of play action because we had no running game. The ravens new we were throwing all the way.

And they kept trying to jump our short passes, especially when they blitzed. Both Baltimore CB's are gamblers, and with us having absolutely no running game, they were free to guess quite a bit.