PDA

View Full Version : Willis

justasportsfan
12-31-2006, 06:43 PM
Failed his audition today. If we decide to extend his contract, paying him top 10 $ is overpaying him IMO.

Talking about rushing for 1,000 yds . He failed to make it this year. Sure, OL is partly to blame, but how do you explain Ronnie Brown surpassing him with an OL that's probably worse than ours with less games played.

Willis is a workhorse but not a big play rb. iMO, Find a big play rb who can rotate with A-Train in FA or draft one. Marv should start scouting one in the draft today and trade up if we have to. The run game will do wonders for JP and the passing game.

Novacane
12-31-2006, 06:46 PM
He's under contract. He has not earned an extension. Marv knows winners and I don't think Willis is on. I'd be very suprised if he offered Wm and extension

justasportsfan
12-31-2006, 06:48 PM
He's under contract. He has not earned an extension. Marv knows winners and I don't think Willis is on. I'd be very suprised if he offered Wm and extension

With Rosenass as his agent , he might try to sit it out. So be it.

The_Philster
12-31-2006, 06:49 PM
If Marv does anything about an extension, Willis's poor game today could be leverage against him

The_Philster
12-31-2006, 06:50 PM
With Rosenass as his agent , he might try to sit it out. So be it.
He'd be an idiot if he tried it...he's not gonna get major bucks in free agency by sitting out...he needs a big year to earn a big payday

Novacane
12-31-2006, 06:50 PM
Let him. Wouldn't bother me either.

Michael82
12-31-2006, 06:56 PM
After today, I say.....

:bigwave: Willis!

It's been nice seeing you dance in the backfield before you finally find a spot to plow thru and get stuffed. :ill: I also think it's hilarious how he needed ONLY 33 ****ing yards to get his 1,000 yards rushing and couldn't even get 25. :rofl:

If he wants a raise, i'd trade him. either way, I hope Marv looks for a new RB in the mid rounds of the draft.

Mr. Cynical
12-31-2006, 07:06 PM
Talking about rushing for 1,000 yds . He failed to make it this year. Sure, OL is partly to blame, but how do you explain Ruben Brown surpassing him with an OL that's probably worse than ours with less games played.

Wow...I didn't realize he plays RB now. :snicker:

justasportsfan
12-31-2006, 07:07 PM
Wow...I didn't realize he plays RB now. :snicker:
:oops:

Mr. Cynical
12-31-2006, 07:08 PM
Good RBs are the one skill position that is as close to growing on trees as it gets. Bye Willis.

LtFinFan66
12-31-2006, 07:46 PM
Failed his audition today. If we decide to extend his contract, paying him top 10 $ is overpaying him IMO.

Talking about rushing for 1,000 yds . He failed to make it this year. Sure, OL is partly to blame, but how do you explain Ronnie Brown surpassing him with an OL that's probably worse than ours with less games played.

Willis is a workhorse but not a big play rb. iMO, Find a big play rb who can rotate with A-Train in FA or draft one. Marv should start scouting one in the draft today and trade up if we have to. The run game will do wonders for JP and the passing game.Ronnie Brown squeeked out his 1000 yard season today missing 3 games. Finished with 1008 I think :up:

DynaPaul
12-31-2006, 09:46 PM
Give the guy an extension I say. But he's only going to make average pay. I'd put his pay bracket somewhere in the top 15 - 20 backs right now. He's not going to get Shaun Alexander, Tiki Barber, or Edgerrin James money for sure. I'd give him the same pay as someone like Sammy Morris.

Night Train
12-31-2006, 09:51 PM
Offer the Chargers RFA Michael Turner a good contract.

Then Willis would know how Travis felt.

Michael82
12-31-2006, 09:53 PM
Give the guy an extension I say. But he's only going to make average pay. I'd put his pay bracket somewhere in the top 15 - 20 backs right now. He's not going to get Shaun Alexander, Tiki Barber, or Edgerrin James money for sure. I'd give him the same pay as someone like Sammy Morris.
Then you might as well forget about any kind of extension. Rosenhaus will laugh all the way out of town faster than you can say holdout. :ill:

jmb1099
12-31-2006, 09:59 PM
I think its time to find a new rb...Willis, for whatever reason, just isn't getting it done.

HHURRICANE
12-31-2006, 10:30 PM
Ronnie Brown squeeked out his 1000 yard season today missing 3 games. Finished with 1008 I think :up:

That pretty much sums up how bad Willis was this year. End of story.

Typ0
12-31-2006, 11:41 PM
you guys are clueless about football. Todays game was like an extended training camp for this team and the ball was put in JP Losmans hands not Willis McGahee's. JP Losman had his chance to shine today and he had a big play and made putrid decisions. JP is a bigger concern on this team than WM and if you don't think so then you know very little about football.

Michael82
01-01-2007, 12:30 AM
you guys are clueless about football. Todays game was like an extended training camp for this team and the ball was put in JP Losmans hands not Willis McGahee's. JP Losman had his chance to shine today and he had a big play and made putrid decisions. JP is a bigger concern on this team than WM and if you don't think so then you know very little about football.
I love when people come here acting like they know everything and then say that we know nothing about football. You sound like ICE. Maybe you are the one who knows very little about football. JP is not a big concern. He has solidified himself as a starter for next season after a pretty good second half of the season. Willis McGahee has struggled more often than not this year and he's been starting for over 2 years now. :blah:

They tried to run the ball today, but Willis couldn't get anything. He was too busy showing his dance moves to pound thru the hole, if there was one. :::

justasportsfan
01-01-2007, 12:48 PM
you guys are clueless about football. . At least ICE coaches pop warner. Do you?

Let's see if Marv shares your opinion. If he doesn't does that mean he's also clueless about football?

HAMMER
01-01-2007, 05:02 PM
What a douchey comment, does sound like Ice.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2007, 05:10 PM

The only one on offense who deserved a contract extension after today was Evans.

PECKERWOOD
01-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Willis is a good player but not worth breaking the bank over. He is pretty underrated by most fans but with all of that said I still wouldn't mind taking Michael Bush or Lynch in the 1st round.

Philagape
01-01-2007, 05:54 PM
After seeing what guys like Gore, Drew and Washington did this year, I don't want a RB in the first round. Unless it's a truly special player like LT or Bush, a RB isn't worth it because anyone can produce behind a good line.

Typ0
01-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Willis is a good player but not worth breaking the bank over. He is pretty underrated by most fans but with all of that said I still wouldn't mind taking Michael Bush or Lynch in the 1st round.

you're right...but he's not going to get that kind of moula. He knows he didn't have a great season and he wants to extend his contract. Sounds to me like he wants some stability and protection going into next season. Sounds like a guy that wants to play here in the future not the guy with no heart who doesn't want to be here.

The_Philster
01-02-2007, 07:15 PM
you're right...but he's not going to get that kind of moula. He knows he didn't have a great season and he wants to extend his contract. Sounds to me like he wants some stability and protection going into next season. Sounds like a guy that wants to play here in the future not the guy with no heart who doesn't want to be here.
that's why I'm thinking we should try to extend him now. If he has a spectacular season next year...he's gone. He's no Thurman Thomas...but he could wind up being our best back since Thurman was cut