X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Willis

Failed his audition today. If we decide to extend his contract, paying him top 10 $ is overpaying him IMO.

Talking about rushing for 1,000 yds . He failed to make it this year. Sure, OL is partly to blame, but how do you explain Ronnie Brown surpassing him with an OL that's probably worse than ours with less games played.

Willis is a workhorse but not a big play rb. iMO, Find a big play rb who can rotate with A-Train in FA or draft one. Marv should start scouting one in the draft today and trade up if we have to. The run game will do wonders for JP and the passing game.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 12-31-2006, 07:08 PM.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Willis

He's under contract. He has not earned an extension. Marv knows winners and I don't think Willis is on. I'd be very suprised if he offered Wm and extension

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane
      He's under contract. He has not earned an extension. Marv knows winners and I don't think Willis is on. I'd be very suprised if he offered Wm and extension

With Rosenass as his agent , he might try to sit it out. So be it.
      sacrifice1

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

If Marv does anything about an extension, Willis's poor game today could be leverage against him
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          With Rosenass as his agent , he might try to sit it out. So be it.
          He'd be an idiot if he tried it...he's not gonna get major bucks in free agency by sitting out...he needs a big year to earn a big payday
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Let him. Wouldn't bother me either.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

After today, I say.....

Willis!

It's been nice seeing you dance in the backfield before you finally find a spot to plow thru and get stuffed. I also think it's hilarious how he needed ONLY 33 ****ing yards to get his 1,000 yards rushing and couldn't even get 25.

If he wants a raise, i'd trade him. either way, I hope Marv looks for a new RB in the mid rounds of the draft.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                Maybe?
                • Oct 2003

Talking about rushing for 1,000 yds . He failed to make it this year. Sure, OL is partly to blame, but how do you explain Ruben Brown surpassing him with an OL that's probably worse than ours with less games played.
                Wow...I didn't realize he plays RB now.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                  Wow...I didn't realize he plays RB now.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Good RBs are the one skill position that is as close to growing on trees as it gets. Bye Willis.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                      • Mar 2005

Failed his audition today. If we decide to extend his contract, paying him top 10 $ is overpaying him IMO.

Talking about rushing for 1,000 yds . He failed to make it this year. Sure, OL is partly to blame, but how do you explain Ronnie Brown surpassing him with an OL that's probably worse than ours with less games played.

Willis is a workhorse but not a big play rb. iMO, Find a big play rb who can rotate with A-Train in FA or draft one. Marv should start scouting one in the draft today and trade up if we have to. The run game will do wonders for JP and the passing game.
                      Ronnie Brown squeeked out his 1000 yard season today missing 3 games. Finished with 1008 I think

Comment

• DynaPaul
                        • Sep 2003

Give the guy an extension I say. But he's only going to make average pay. I'd put his pay bracket somewhere in the top 15 - 20 backs right now. He's not going to get Shaun Alexander, Tiki Barber, or Edgerrin James money for sure. I'd give him the same pay as someone like Sammy Morris.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Offer the Chargers RFA Michael Turner a good contract.

Then Willis would know how Travis felt.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                            Give the guy an extension I say. But he's only going to make average pay. I'd put his pay bracket somewhere in the top 15 - 20 backs right now. He's not going to get Shaun Alexander, Tiki Barber, or Edgerrin James money for sure. I'd give him the same pay as someone like Sammy Morris.
                            Then you might as well forget about any kind of extension. Rosenhaus will laugh all the way out of town faster than you can say holdout.

Comment

• jmb1099
                              • Sep 2004

I think its time to find a new rb...Willis, for whatever reason, just isn't getting it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X