• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Well at 12/13

There is some pretty decent talent available.

I think its safe to say the following will be gone in the top 11:

Brady Quinn, Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Alan Branch, Leon Hall.

I think Jarrett is likely gone before our pick as well, and Gaines Adams will be a huge MAYBE. If I was a betting man id say hes gone.

So which of the following would you like (NO TRADING, if you dont like anyone listed who do you take at 12.....that realistically could be there) ?

1. Ted Ginn, Jr. WR, OSU
    Speedy, athletic, playmaking WR.
    2. LaRon Landry FS, LSU
    Yes I know we have Ko but your talking about a shot at one of the hardest hitting ball hawks to come out at FS in years. If hes there I may not pick him but I think long and hard about it.
    3. Darrelle Revis CB, Pitt
    Has the ability to develop into an elite shutdown corner at the next level. Displays great instincts. Hits like a safety. Coachable. Is equally comfortable in any defensive style. Can bump and run, or man up with the best in college football. Great natural athlete with very good speed. Ideal size for the position. Has deadly potential as a return man. Explosive, smooth. Good backpedal. Solid footwork. Plays nasty with an aggressive streak. Very competitive. Loves to hit. Models himself after Ty Law and Champ Bailey. Is not cocky.
    4.Paul Posluszny LB, Penn State
    Very instinctive. Always knows where the ball is and gets to it. Excellent technique and wrap up and rarely misses tackles. Good sideline to sideline speed and plays faster than he times. Unrivaled character and leadership skills and named Penn State's captain as a junior, which is rarely done.

Personally I go with a LB. Only way I dont is if Branch or Adams drop.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: Well at 12/13

The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

I'd like to see the Fins get one of those receivers but doubt they will take one

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Depends on what happens in FA, but if they're there I'd bet on Revis or Posluszny.

Which means they'll probably snag Ginn
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

if the bills get Paul Posluszny i'll be happy with this off season
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

Yeah I mean unless branch or adams fell id probably go LB.

Comment

• Devin
              The Octagon
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

I have a man-crush on Posluszny. I'll jump for joy if we draft him. He's a great player and a high-character guy.

Even if Fletcher returns and Spikes improves (BIG ifs), we need a future stud.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Devin
                  I like this thinking.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                    Don't forget that bad knee injury. Proceed with caution.

I like the kid but that issue must be considered.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                      • Apr 2004

Daymeion (Donte) Hughes

He has the size to man up with the new, bigger NFL WR's and is a ballhawk.

Comment

• Devin
                        The Octagon
                        • Apr 2003

Not bad, I thought about adding him I just had Revis higher.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Devin
                            There is some pretty decent talent available.

I think its safe to say the following will be gone in the top 11:

Brady Quinn, Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Alan Branch, Leon Hall.

I think Jarrett is likely gone before our pick as well, and Gaines Adams will be a huge MAYBE. If I was a betting man id say hes gone.

So which of the following would you like (NO TRADING, if you dont like anyone listed who do you take at 12.....that realistically could be there) ?

1. Ted Ginn, Jr. WR, OSU
                            Speedy, athletic, playmaking WR.
                            2. LaRon Landry FS, LSU
                            Yes I know we have Ko but your talking about a shot at one of the hardest hitting ball hawks to come out at FS in years. If hes there I may not pick him but I think long and hard about it.
                            3. Darrelle Revis CB, Pitt
                            Has the ability to develop into an elite shutdown corner at the next level. Displays great instincts. Hits like a safety. Coachable. Is equally comfortable in any defensive style. Can bump and run, or man up with the best in college football. Great natural athlete with very good speed. Ideal size for the position. Has deadly potential as a return man. Explosive, smooth. Good backpedal. Solid footwork. Plays nasty with an aggressive streak. Very competitive. Loves to hit. Models himself after Ty Law and Champ Bailey. Is not cocky.
                            Very instinctive. Always knows where the ball is and gets to it. Excellent technique and wrap up and rarely misses tackles. Good sideline to sideline speed and plays faster than he times. Unrivaled character and leadership skills and named Penn State's captain as a junior, which is rarely done.

My picks would be Puz or Ginn Jr. Id actually prefer Ginn. Hes the type of player that adds more scoring day one, either through Receiving TD's or as our returner. Puz could be an upgrade against the run, but really hes a OLB and were OK there. Can he play ILB? probably. Buster Davis will be there in the 2nd due to size, hes basically Fletch Jr.

My take is Ginn, but I think Jarrett will be there, I honestly do.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                              • Apr 2004

If they decide to go LB, Patrick Willis would make an excellent ILB in the Tampa 2. There's no quit in Fletcher, so I hope we don't have to go LB in round 1.

Can we hope that Amobi Okoye will be there in round 2?

Comment

Working...
                              X