PDA

View Full Version : I just got back from the game....

OpIv37
12-31-2006, 08:04 PM
I saw Rich, Jeff1220 and Wys at Sliders before the game, and met a bunch of cool people.

A few general comments:
-The Ravens stadium and use of media during the game (particularly replays) are impressive. The stadium is also loud as hell when the ravens are on D and deadly silent when they're on O.
-This is the second Bills game I've been to in Baltimore, and both times I've been treated really well by the fans. I took my share of taunts, but it was mostly good-spirited and no one was malicious. One Ravens fans even bought us beer.

Now, onto football:
-Our D played well enough to win but the O blew it- will we ever get both right at the same time?
-I never noticed this on TV, but from our seats, one reason for our horrid run D was finally apparent: The Bills' DL spreads out along the LOS. The DE's play wide to use their speed for the pass rush, and when the DT's don't clog the middle, it creates huge running lanes.
-Losman made bad decisions on both INT's.
-The offensive playcalling was horrendous again. Royal shifts to the point of attack on every running play, which tips off the D. The plays are too easy for defenses to read. Oh, and Royal blows.
-To the Ravens' credit, they have one hell of a pass rush and McAllister is lightning fast. Ray Lewis isn't what he used to be but he still made some great plays.
-It doesn't bode well for the Ravens in the playoffs that they only managed 12 offensive points against our D.
-Fowler had an awful game.

Novacane
12-31-2006, 08:16 PM
How has Wys been?

The_Philster
12-31-2006, 08:17 PM
deadly silent when they're on Oyeah...we had some freakin newbies in our section last week...tried to get people yelling when we were on offense...and they were wearing Bills gear :shakeno:

OpIv37
12-31-2006, 08:22 PM
How has Wys been?

he likes where he's living now and has a few projects in the works- he seems to be doing pretty well. And he's still selling wing sauce, of course.

He gets a bad rap around here cuz most people disagree with his opinions about the Bills, but in real life he's a good guy.

Michael82
12-31-2006, 08:24 PM
yeah...we had some freakin newbies in our section last week...tried to get people yelling when we were on offense...and they were wearing Bills gear :shakeno:
I've seen that all year. We got a bunch of stupid people in the stands. I don't think the Bills help any matters when you got Willis McGahee lifting up his arms and trying to feed off the energy and in exchange get people to scream louder.

Novacane
12-31-2006, 08:25 PM
he likes where he's living now and has a few projects in the works- he seems to be doing pretty well. And he's still selling wing sauce, of course.

He gets a bad rap around here cuz most people disagree with his opinions about the Bills, but in real life he's a good guy.

I agree. I went to a game and went out for wings with Wys. Mark is the complete opposite of Wys

JoeMama
12-31-2006, 08:37 PM
What gives w/ Fowler?

He's been awful like 4 weeks in a row now.

I almost miss Dusty Ziegler & Bill Conaty. Jesus.

Statman
01-01-2007, 07:58 PM
-The offensive playcalling was horrendous again. Royal shifts to the point of attack on every running play, which tips off the D. The plays are too easy for defenses to read. Oh, and Royal blows.
-Fowler had an awful game.

How can that be? Management told us how much Royal would add and paid him acccordingly.
Fowler's had an awful season.

Mr. Cynical
01-01-2007, 09:02 PM
The offensive playcalling was horrendous again. Royal shifts to the point of attack on every running play, which tips off the D. The plays are too easy for defenses to read.

Not to mention JP seems to be connecting on the left side of the field over 75% of the time. Not sure if this is him or the playcalling but it's going to get us in trouble if he becomes that predictable.

lordofgun
01-01-2007, 10:43 PM
-This is the second Bills game I've been to in Baltimore, and both times I've been treated really well by the fans. I took my share of taunts, but it was mostly good-spirited and no one was malicious. One Ravens fans even bought us beer.

I had a similar expeience a few years ago in Baltimore. The family in front of us bought us nachos and drinks. Nice people!

Statman
01-02-2007, 02:08 PM
I had a similar expeience a few years ago in Baltimore. The family in front of us bought us nachos and drinks. Nice people!
Maybe they just wanted to get ya to close yer yap.

Statman
01-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Not to mention JP seems to be connecting on the left side of the field over 75% of the time. Not sure if this is him or the playcalling but it's going to get us in trouble if he becomes that predictable.
Evans is usually over there.

Hmmm, let's see, Evans or Price. Evans or Reed. Evans or Parrish.

Tough choice.

Wraith
01-02-2007, 02:31 PM

First, a nitpick:

What's wrong with connecting on 75% of his throws to the left? It's not like he's throwing to the left 75% of the time.

Now, I think you've meant to imply that Losman throw's significantly more to the left side than the right side, which makes him predictable. That is GROSSLY WRONG. Losman's attempts and completions by region:

Left Side: 105/175 60.0 Comp% 11 TDs (44.4% of total throws)
Middle: 20/28 71.4 Comp% (7.1% of total throws)
Right Side: 123/191 64.3 Comp% 7 TDs (48.4% of total throws)

This is what happens when people rely on perception (what seems to happen) instead of quantifiable data (statistics, which people around here love to rail on).

Now what is interesting is how infrequently the Bills passed over the middle of the field, but I suspect a lot of that has to do with how "middle" is defined.

Ingtar33
01-02-2007, 02:39 PM
the middle of the field is where slants, RBs and TEs fead on D's... our WRs don't run great slants, the RBs aren't used in the passing game, and the one time i remember JP trying a seam rout to a TE, the TE had it clank off his hands for an INT.

Jimbuktu
01-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Here's a picture I took at the game ... lotta crazy fans down there

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/Jimbuktu/ChristmasRavensNewYears095.jpg