PDA

View Full Version : I'm trying not to overreact to JP's performance, but....

OpIv37
12-31-2006, 08:43 PM
There's no doubt that JP has improved tremendously since the bye, and I don't want to overreact in the aftermath of a loss on the road to one of the NFL's best D's.

That being said, Losman made some terrible decisions today, and he also seemed to be intimidated by the Ravens' D. People say he's cocky, but he certainly didn't have the swagger/confidence today that he had against Jax, Tenn, Miami, etc. I have a feeling the bad decisions were due in part to the fact that he let the hype about the Ravens' D go to his head. Their D is damn good, but he needs to feed off the challenge rather than get taken out of his game.

And I hope this game was just a fluke rather than a sign of JP returning to his 2005 decision-making.

Philagape
12-31-2006, 08:46 PM
Actually I thought maybe he had too much swagger. He tried to force throws and took chances. While the bomb to Evans obviously worked, a couple others didn't.

A bad game, his fourth of the season.

Mitchy moo
12-31-2006, 08:47 PM
JP had his moments today, line was overpowered a few times & let him get hit. In general we need a good draft and get a draft pick for Nate.

JoeMama
12-31-2006, 08:48 PM
What sucks about today is that JP gave all the haters more reason to ***** all offseason.

Which I really don't want to hear for the next 8 months.

OpIv37
12-31-2006, 08:50 PM
What sucks about today is that JP gave all the haters more reason to ***** all offseason.

let them *****- we're not gonna do anything about QB in the off-season, save for maybe using a 6th or 7th rounder on a potential back-up QB.

Philagape
12-31-2006, 08:50 PM

I have the trolls on ignore. Like barking dogs. They do not count.

kinigirly
12-31-2006, 08:53 PM
i was surprised cause i expected more turnovers on jp's part. the moment he stepped on the field i could see he was annoyed and wasn't focused. he's pissed about how the season ended and can't seem to get his mind off it for 4 quarters to play

JoeMama
12-31-2006, 08:56 PM
Even though I think this team is a ****ing embarassing disgrace -- like every season since 1999 -- I do think JP Losman was a bright spot this season.

Which I didn't expect at all coming into 2006. So it's cool b/c Buffalo finally has a quarterback to celebrate.

HHURRICANE
12-31-2006, 08:58 PM
JP had a bad game. Jim Kelly had them too. The difference now is that a bad game is only 1TD vs. 2INTs with 263 yards of passing. Before the bye it was 78 yards and a pick. He was also playing from behind against a very good team.

Maybe we should be focusing on our less than 1000 yard RB who managed 23 yards on 12 carries.:shocked:

Philagape
12-31-2006, 09:27 PM
If I had to rank the most valuable players on offense, it would be:

1. Evans
2. Peters
3. JP

DynaPaul
12-31-2006, 09:42 PM
The line played terrible today versus an elite defensive line. So I'm not really blaming JP. Hey, the guy was just trying to make something happen when he had people on his ass all day. Also, McGahee didn't show when we needed him as usual. He was 10 yards away from 1,000 at the end of the game. I hope he gets the contract extension he wants because if I were Marv I'd take his stats and say "Ok, here's how he did versus the other running backs in the league and that's where his pay will be." The guy will only get an average contract.

X-Era
12-31-2006, 09:48 PM
There's no doubt that JP has improved tremendously since the bye, and I don't want to overreact in the aftermath of a loss on the road to one of the NFL's best D's.

That being said, Losman made some terrible decisions today, and he also seemed to be intimidated by the Ravens' D. People say he's cocky, but he certainly didn't have the swagger/confidence today that he had against Jax, Tenn, Miami, etc. I have a feeling the bad decisions were due in part to the fact that he let the hype about the Ravens' D go to his head. Their D is damn good, but he needs to feed off the challenge rather than get taken out of his game.

And I hope this game was just a fluke rather than a sign of JP returning to his 2005 decision-making.

The guy was out there trying to force a win with no running game and no protection.

Im giving him a break here. In the past 2 games, he has thrown 2 garbage INT's because we could play complete football.

He didnt sulk, he ran down Samari Rolle and tackled him.

Hes a player, he has a winners attitude and is getting better. Yes he made mistakes, all players will.