X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

McGahee Sucks!

That's it. Draft a legitimate replacement and let him walk after 2007. He'll need to play hard just to get a contract elsewhere. Look at Clements if you don't believe me.
  • Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: McGahee Sucks!

Sadly I'm starting to agree with you.

Comment

• JoeMama
      Emotion Sickness
      • Oct 2002

I was one of the guys that argued Henry was better than McGahee back in 2004 when that entire debate went down.

But one thing I will say in McGahee's defense is that he'd do fine w/ a decent run-blocking offensive line.

I know I get repetitive about this, but I think McGahee would be elite w/ a team like Denver or Kansas City where a good run-blocking scheme is in place.
      Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• DynaPaul
        • Sep 2003

Look at these stats for the entire league's rushing leaders:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Does anyone think this guy deserves a big time contract extension now?

Comment

• bledslow
          • May 2004

I been saying this forever--

Henry would have rushed the bills right into the friggen playoffs(and holcomb would also have to be the starting qb for this to happen though,because jp can't get it done when it matters the most)..

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

what have you done for me lately. WM was big time set up to fail if you are going to base his entire value to this team on todays performance. There were times we passed the ball today over 20 times in a row today. We would have had a much better chance at winning had we run WM down their throat over time instead of bailing on the run and letting JP throw the ball to them.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bledslow
              I been saying this forever--

Henry would have rushed the bills right into the friggen playoffs(and holcomb would also have to be the starting qb for this to happen though,because jp can't get it done when it matters the most)..
              Holcomb sucks. He's worse that Bledsoe. At least say Nall.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Typ0
                what have you done for me lately. WM was big time set up to fail if you are going to base his entire value to this team on todays performance. There were times we passed the ball today over 20 times in a row today. We would have had a much better chance at winning had we run WM down their throat over time instead of bailing on the run and letting JP throw the ball to them.
                Yep because his 2.0 YPC was getting it done, not to mention his fumble.

Comment

• Spiderweb
                  ....formerly OhBF
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal
                  Holcomb sucks. He's worse that Bledsoe. At least say Nall.
                  Thanks, kept me from going off. When it matters most? Yeah right, that's when noodle arm throws the 2 yard pass on 4th & 7 to a doubled WR.

Holcomb is done, dead, finito.....move on....
                  Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                  own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OhBF
                    Yeah right, that's when noodle arm throws the 2 yard pass on 4th & 7 to a doubled WR...
                    I prefer to call him "Captain Checkdown".

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

We would have had a much better chance at winning had we run WM down their throat over time instead of bailing on the run and letting JP throw the ball to them.
                      Last edited by justasportsfan; 01-01-2007, 12:05 PM.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

????? A little early for the Scotch, don't you think??????

He has one of the worst rushing averages in the league. I'm basing my opinion on his entire season. Let's list why he sucks:

1) He has one of the worst rushing averages in the league. He got the rock plenty this season. To keep it in perspective Ronnie Brown got the ball less times and ran for 1081 this season.

2) He had (2) 100 yard games. TWO!!!!

3) He's not Thurman Thoms catching balls out of the backfield, so he's a very one dimensional back.

When you really look at it he's not average or mediocre, he's worse. He finished 24th!!

Comment

• cocamide
                          • Oct 2006

I was a supporter for Willis, and I think he has the talent to be good, but I don't think he has the drive to win. Sure he wants to do well, but it seems like it's to boost his own ego and stats and not so the team can win. I could be completely wrong, as I (and most people here) don't know him personally, but he doesn't give any indication whatsoever of being a team player. It would be nice to have a Lawrence Maroney type player here.

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

It is indisputable that the running game had a bad year.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                              Yep because his 2.0 YPC was getting it done, not to mention his fumble.
                              he is not a fumbler. that is no reason to take him out...it's reason to give him the ball more. And no, the run game sucked. It has nothing to do with their stellar production. It has to do with salivating defensive players when they know the offense is going to pass 85% of the time. Even if you aren't moving the ball you still have to make the defense play the run.

Comment

Working...
                              X