• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Buffalo news: McGahee's production doesn't justify new deal

BALTIMORE - This won't come as any great surprise, but Willis McGahee was not in a celebratory mood in the early stages of New Year's Eve. The Bills' featured back wasn't raising a glass. He was raising an objection.

McGahee rushed 11 times for just 23 yards in Sunday's season-ending, 19-7 loss to the Ravens. He fell 10 yards short of a 1,000-yard season. Asked if he felt the Bills hadn't run the ball enough, the 990-yard man nodded toward an adjacent locker, where offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild was standing.
    "There you go right there," McGahee said. "Talk to him." Fairchild didn't hesitate when he was asked if the Bills had abandoned the run. "Yeah, I probably did. They're tough to run against. Had we been able to get a little more out of it, it might have helped us a little more."

• Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: Buffalo news: McGahee's production doesn't justify new deal

McGahee = Harmon.

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Sounds like McGahee tried to throw him under the bus. I ain't mad at him though as I quesitoned Fairchild all season long.

Comment

• Kerr
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Well Willis maybe if hadn't fumbled the ball near the 20....

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
          Well Willis maybe if hadn't fumbled the ball near the 20....

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
            You better keep quiet. At least the Ravens didn't run his fumble back for a touchdown or cause Willis to fumble at the 3 yardline when the Bills were getting ready to score.

I'd like to see Willis on a team where the opposing defense doesn't stack the line of scrimmage and force them to be beat by the pass.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Comments like that are why I'd like to see him leave. He's an I guy not a team guy.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Novacane
                Comments like that are why I'd like to see him leave. He's an I guy not a team guy.
                He needed to point a finger at the mirror and accept that he needs to grow up and work on every down. Just because you think you are the greatest, doesn't mean you are.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                  • Sep 2003

How much does McGahee deserve for an extension? Look at these stats and tell me Willis:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                    How much does McGahee deserve for an extension? Look at these stats and tell me Willis:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/RYDS/2006/regular
                    not much more than now, drew rosenslime has nothing to talk about.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

You go with what's proven or what works and Fairchild went with JP to Evans because Willis isn't dependable.

I agree with the article the Willis might be attempting to cause friction to get a trade. If so , let him go. Trade him to Miami where he can rejoin Mualrkey .
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                        You better keep quiet. At least the Ravens didn't run his fumble back for a touchdown or cause Willis to fumble at the 3 yardline when the Bills were getting ready to score.

I'd like to see Willis on a team where the opposing defense doesn't stack the line of scrimmage and force them to be beat by the pass.
                        another idiotic post as usual. Let it go, Flutiemania is dead.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          You go with what's proven or what works and Fairchild went with JP to Evans because Willis isn't dependable.

I agree with the article the Willis might be attempting to cause friction to get a trade. If so , let him go. Trade him to Miami where he can rejoin Mualrkey .
                          It would be nice to play against him, his average per run just sucks. Willis would have to polish up those passing skills for the trick plays.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

It's the offensive line and the coordinators fault. Haters.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

Happy New Year!! But, your still earning your name!!

READ THE ARTICLE!!!!!!

If McGahee had done anything with the ball the Ravens wouldn't have been able to gamble all day against Losman.

Comment

Working...
                              X