PDA

View Full Version : Its time to trade McGahee!!!!!!

X-Era
01-01-2007, 10:28 AM
The Buff news article says it best:

You can't blame McGahee for being disappointed. But you can't blame Fairchild for losing faith in him, either. McGahee hasn't been close to an elite runner against the top teams. In games against division champions, he averaged 2.8 yards a carry (81 for 228). He missed the game against Indianapolis, the worst run defense of the division winners.
Still, 2.8 a carry is 2.8 a carry. You don't give a $10 million signing bonus to a runner who can't even average 3 yards a pop against the top teams. McGahee has a year left on his contract. So do Losman and Evans. You don't hear them crying for new deals. Maybe they're waiting until the team actually accomplishes something.

You want to be paid like an elite RB, play like one.

Ive said since day that we need a RB that is consistent, bounces of tackles for extra yards and gives us a reliable ground game.

If we want to go to the playoffs next year, we need to replace McGahee with a more productive RB against good teams. Our schedule is just as hard next year.

Now hes becoming the vocal team cancer that could destroy the best thing we gained this year which is our team first, trust in each other, mentality:

McGahee rushed 11 times for just 23 yards in Sunday's season-ending, 19-7 loss to the Ravens. He fell 10 yards short of a 1,000-yard season. Asked if he felt the Bills hadn't run the ball enough, the 990-yard man nodded toward an adjacent locker, where offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild was standing.
"There you go right there," McGahee said. "Talk to him."

So,

1) The guy has been me first pretty much all along
2) The guy has the biggest clown agent in history
3) He plays when he feels like it
4) He cant play against big teams
5) He thinks hes the best in the league
6) Hes a vocal distraction at best, and a lockeroom cancer at worst

RB's are a dime a dozen, its time to get a team oriented guy and get rid of this guy.

Trade him, best we could get might be a 2nd. Probably more likely a 3rd or 4th.

DynaPaul
01-01-2007, 10:46 AM
According to these stats, how much do you think he deserves to make?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/RYDS/2006/regular

X-Era
01-01-2007, 10:52 AM
According to these stats, how much do you think he deserves to make?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/RYDS/2006/regular

I think he deserves to make less than Edge. So thats less than this:

ESPN.com has confirmed that the four-year contract is worth $30 million. James received an initial signing bonus of $7 million and will pocket a $4.5 million roster bonus on the seventh day of the 2006 league year, essentially the end of this week. The base salaries in the contract are $3.25 million (for 2006), $5.25 million (2007), $5 million (2008) and $5 million (2009).

Id say, 9 mill SB, and a total contract of 28 mill.

Do I think hes worth it? No. But thats what he probably will get.

The better question is should the Bills extend him? The answer is NO. He doesnt fit the profile of the Bills. He isnt team oriented and he cant be trusted to carry a game.

Let him leave.

SABURZFAN
01-01-2007, 12:14 PM
funny how people are quick to blast others on the team but it's a different story when somebody talks bad about their hero. :down:

Yasgur's Farm
01-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Key word is obsessing SAB.

SABURZFAN
01-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Key word is obsessing SAB.

you're right.the Lickers are obsessed with LOSSman.

Yasgur's Farm
Browns need a RB... Bills need a true big and speedy #2. Sounds like a WM plus Bills #1 for Calvin Johnson is a great marriage.

The_Philster
more name-calling...how typical when you can't debate facts :::

Yasgur's Farm
01-01-2007, 12:17 PM
you're right.the Lickers are obsessed with LOSSman.Have you taken a stroll through your posting history SAB... JOIN US!

Yasgur's Farm
01-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Obsessing

Ass Lickers
Nut Huggers
Sack Swingers
Lossman
Just Pathetic
etc
etc
etc

Join us SAB!

SABURZFAN
01-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Have you taken a stroll through your posting history SAB... JOIN US!

sorry.....i'm not as convinced as you are.especially the contract extension part that a lot of you people want.

Buffalogic
01-01-2007, 12:24 PM
McGahee is a disappointment. Half of his carries are for one yard or less. We can draft a back in the 3rd or 4th round that could equal his production and not give the fans such a headache. McGahee had like what, two 100-yard games this season and both were against the only team he gets up for..Vilma's jets.

I think McGahee is replaceable and I encourage a change at RB.

Yasgur's Farm
01-01-2007, 12:26 PM
sorry.....i'm not as convinced as you are.especially the contract extension part that a lot of you people want.I can understand that... All I'm pointing out is that the vast majority of your posts are digs at JP.

That's the difference between complaining about a player and obsessing about a player.

justasportsfan
01-01-2007, 12:37 PM
That's the difference between complaining about a player and obsessing about a player.He's a licker in denial.

SABURZFAN
01-01-2007, 12:55 PM
I can understand that... All I'm pointing out is that the vast majority of your posts are digs at JP.

That's the difference between complaining about a player and obsessing about a player.

kind of the way some are obsessed about attacking those with different opinions.at this point,it's just a game to me.

SABURZFAN
01-01-2007, 12:56 PM
He's a licker in denial.

see previous post.

Night Train
01-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Back to the original post. It's really how Marv sees #21. I think he's wildly inconsistent and you never know what you're going to get from week to week.

If it's the Jets, he's motivated. Other weeks, he lacks any burst. He was a TD pick who lacks a quick burst.Seems to be waiting for the parting of the red sea all to often, in order to break a highlight run that has happened maybe 3 times over 3 years. Too much dancing and not enough burst towards the line.

I could see us aquiring someone else via FA or the Draft. HE isn't nearly as good as he believes he is.

SabreEleven
01-01-2007, 01:06 PM
A selfish player of out Miami U.

Shocker!!!:rolleyes:

Don't Panic
01-01-2007, 02:03 PM
If Evans is entering his last year then he's the one we should be talking about extending. I would not extend McGahee, but make him play for a contract next year. He's the type who will show up in a contract year. We get a great season out of him #s wise, franchise him, then deal him. Bottom line is that I don't ever see us being successful (SB) with him as our RB.

Philagape
01-01-2007, 02:12 PM
We can succeed with him, but not because of him. He's interchangeable with dozens of other RBs.

ParanoidAndroid
01-01-2007, 02:25 PM
funny how people are quick to blast others on the team but it's a different story when somebody talks bad about their hero. :down:

Does this crap have to be in evry single ****ing thread?

Keep it in the threads that are actually about JP and it won't come off as such a deliberate **** stir.

In short, stop ruining threads for your personal amusement.

kernowboy
01-01-2007, 02:53 PM
We trade him and try to get some value.

I don't care if that is a R2 or R3 in 2007 or 2008 - in fact I'd prefer the latter

Re-sign A-Train

Sign TJ Duckett

We run with two 'tanks' next season and then maybe look to draft Steve Slaton in 2008. We play in the cold, lets sign two hard running downhill runners.

Arguably Duckett at 254lbs can move to FB if he can improve his blocking

X-Era
01-01-2007, 05:14 PM
We can succeed with him, but not because of him. He's interchangeable with dozens of other RBs.

Well said, and due to our perpetual o-line questions I think we need a guy so that we win BECAUSE of him.

Philagape
01-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Well said, and due to our perpetual o-line questions I think we need a guy so that we win BECAUSE of him.

I'd rather build a good line. That would be cheaper, and the running game wouldn't miss a beat if the starter got hurt.

X-Era
01-01-2007, 05:27 PM
I'd rather build a good line. That would be cheaper, and the running game wouldn't miss a beat if the starter got hurt.

Actually, I want BOTH. The goal is to win a Superbowl, not just make the playoffs.

Eric Steinbach, Dan Mozes, Marshawn Lynch or Michael Bush.

FA- Steinbach

12) Tedd Ginn Jr.
44) Michael Bush
76) Dan Mozez

Kerr
01-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Actually, I want BOTH. The goal is to win a Superbowl, not just make the playoffs.

Eric Steinbach, Dan Mozes, Marshawn Lynch or Michael Bush.

FA- Steinbach

12) Tedd Ginn Jr.
44) Michael Bush
76) Dan Mozez

Micheal Bush would be a great draftpick.

X-Era
01-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Micheal Bush would be a great draftpick.

I think he will go back to school. Brohm is staying, hes coming off an injury and will want to redeem himself. Yet again, the 08 draft looks so strong at RB, he may not want to risk it.

X-Era
01-01-2007, 06:52 PM
We trade him and try to get some value.

I don't care if that is a R2 or R3 in 2007 or 2008 - in fact I'd prefer the latter

Re-sign A-Train

Sign TJ Duckett

We run with two 'tanks' next season and then maybe look to draft Steve Slaton in 2008. We play in the cold, lets sign two hard running downhill runners.

Arguably Duckett at 254lbs can move to FB if he can improve his blocking

Ya know, I wouldnt mind forcing him to start with no extension, and drafting a RB early. Willis would be in a contract year, more likely to showcase his talent for his next team, and even if he just goes through the motions, we have a draftee and can bench him. He would then screw himself on his next contract.

Or, if he steps way up, he can complain even more about his contract and we can simply franchise tag him for the 08 season as well. And then draft a stud in the 08 draft.

Screw him, he wants to think "me first", send him a clear message that WE think TEAM first.

ublinkwescore
01-01-2007, 11:13 PM
McGahee's problem is that he's got the talent, but he just doesn't have the heart.

I can't believe how many non-Bills fans come up to me and say "Willis McGahee is a beast" - I must've told like a half dozen people the last two days about the ability with no heart issues that I see with him. He doesn't run as aggressively as he used to/did in the year that he managed to supplant Travis Henry.

DynaPaul
01-02-2007, 03:07 PM
If Evans is entering his last year then he's the one we should be talking about extending. I would not extend McGahee, but make him play for a contract next year. He's the type who will show up in a contract year. We get a great season out of him #s wise, franchise him, then deal him. Bottom line is that I don't ever see us being successful (SB) with him as our RB.

Definitely extend Lee Evans. The guy plays with heart EVERY game and has proven this year that he is a bonafide #1 receiver. Reward the guys that produce consistently!

Saratoga Slim
01-02-2007, 04:26 PM

I am severely annoyed with Willis, but I'd rather spend our offseason addressing the positions of greater immediate need: i.e. those that we're truly weak at (NT, RG, CB if Clements leaves etc), or only average (TE, WR, LB), as opposed to not quite elite (RB). If we let Willis go or trade him, RB becomes a First or Second round need.

I think we're paying Willis less than he probably deserves at present owing to his rookie contract being based on his injury. Thus, I'd offer Willis a reasonable extension, in line with what he should be making at this stage in his career, with his current stats. If he won't take it, play him through his contract season and see how he does behind an improved OL, against defenses that have to actually respect JP and the passing game. If he's doing well, give him a mid-season extension. If not, let him go and draft a RB in 2008.

kernowboy
01-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Yeah .. the depth at RB in this years draft is not terribly deep. However I think we will get less value if we tag him after next season because of depth in the 08 draft at RB.

Ideally we ought to be looking at mcFadden or Slaton which will necessitate moving up.

And I still like the idea of bringing in Mr Duckett, a cold weather runner from Michigan St

ddaryl
01-02-2007, 05:09 PM

these kind of posts need to be adressed by an administrator.

As for Willis Mcgahee.... He isn't worth an extension, or at least he is not worth a raise in pay.

I really don't see Marv pumping coin into a RB who lacks heart, or the desire to play for the Bills.

Kerr
01-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Yeah .. the depth at RB in this years draft is not terribly deep. However I think we will get less value if we tag him after next season because of depth in the 08 draft at RB.

Ideally we ought to be looking at mcFadden or Slaton which will necessitate moving up.

And I still like the idea of bringing in Mr Duckett, a cold weather runner from Michigan St

Is mcfadden coming out? If he is he'd be my first choice.

X-Era
01-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Is mcfadden coming out? If he is he'd be my first choice.

Pretty sure McFadden is a Sophomore.

The_Philster
01-02-2007, 06:08 PM
yep
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=56491

Kerr
01-02-2007, 06:11 PM

That sucks.

Typ0
01-02-2007, 06:50 PM
I question this idea of Mcgahee having no heart. I think he has been discouraged this season at not getting going. I do believe he's a back you have to give the ball and I can't remember one game where I thought he got enough carries. The ravens game was pathetic. I don't even care if he isn't getting yards you still have to run the ball. throwing for dozens of plays in a row is guaranteeing there are going to be INTs in my book. I hang that on the coaching staff not WM.

The_Philster
01-02-2007, 06:53 PM
I think part of the no-heart criticisms come from the fact that he decided to work out at The U all summer instead of with his team

Typ0
01-02-2007, 07:00 PM
I think part of the no-heart criticisms come from the fact that he decided to work out at The U all summer instead of with his team

I figured that too...but I don't think the two are related. If he came in not ready that would be one thing but he was in better playing shape than he has ever been in. I think this is a case of a player learning and doing what works for him and as long as he does the work I could care less where he does it.

SABURZFAN
01-02-2007, 07:01 PM

people are quick with criticisms around here too.

The_Philster
01-02-2007, 07:13 PM
I figured that too...but I don't think the two are related. If he came in not ready that would be one thing but he was in better playing shape than he has ever been in. I think this is a case of a player learning and doing what works for him and as long as he does the work I could care less where he does it.
I have to confess it does bug me that he didn't work out with the team..building chemistry with your teammates is a big part of what builds a strong team

HHURRICANE
01-02-2007, 07:24 PM
people are quick with criticisms around here too.

Hey it's really simple. JP is in the top third of the NFL and McGahee is in the bottom third.