PDA

View Full Version : Grade JP's performace this year

X-Era
01-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Make your pick, lets make sure we can bury the trolls with comments like "the vast majority of us think he did well".

YardRat
01-01-2007, 11:11 AM
I give him a B-minus. He certainly earned the right to be the #1 going into next year.

Mitchy moo
01-01-2007, 11:13 AM
The title of this is has grades for JP in it:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=116924

Dr. Lecter
01-01-2007, 11:19 AM
A solid B. He showed improvement and came along very well. There is room for more improvement and I look forward to seeing that continue next year.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-01-2007, 11:27 AM
SOLID B

lots of room to grow, but did his job this year and has allowed the team to focus on other areas in the off season

Philagape
01-01-2007, 11:32 AM
For the season, B minus. But he was a B+ after the bye.

Yasgur's Farm
01-01-2007, 11:35 AM
B - He's top 1/3 in NFL... A - For growth.

superbills
01-01-2007, 11:44 AM
I gave him a C. He's still missing too many easy throws. The growth is there though. He'll be a B or an A QB next year, especially if we have a solid O-line throughout the year.

Crisis
01-01-2007, 11:52 AM
C.

He played poorly in too many games this year, I do believe in him as the future at QB now though.

SABURZFAN
Make your pick, lets make sure we can bury the trolls with comments like "the vast majority of us think he did well".

is that why you voted A?

:laughter:

Yasgur's Farm
Hmmm... The bashers accuse us of blindly licking away... However, wouldn't that mean that us sack swingers would blindly check the 'A' box? Seems like the more realistic fans are JP supporters... Not bashers.

The_Philster
01-01-2007, 11:53 AM
is that why you voted A?

1 person does not make a vast majority :rolleyes:

Historian
01-01-2007, 11:55 AM
First half...C

Second half....A

Overall....B

SABURZFAN
01-01-2007, 11:59 AM
1 person does not make a vast majority :rolleyes:

i didn't say that,did i? :rolleyes:

DANMAN
01-01-2007, 11:59 AM
B+

Succesfully proved he is capable NFL QB. Well suited to play in Buffalo (strong arm). Showed great improvement over last year and still has alot of room to grow, and seems very willing to work hard to do so. If he improves as much next year as he did this year he can become very good.

Showed to be more like Jim Kelly instead of RJ. Eased alot of the worries about the QB situation that I have had in recent years.

justasportsfan
01-01-2007, 12:00 PM
B+

Succesfully proved he is capable NFL QB. Well suited to play in Buffalo (strong arm). Showed great improvement over last year and still has alot of room to grow, and seems very willing to work hard to do so. If he improves as much next year as he did this year he can become very good.

Showed to be more like Jim Kelly instead of RJ. Eased alot of the worries about the QB situation that I have had in recent years.
welcome :up:

justasportsfan
01-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Hmmm... The bashers accuse us of blindly licking away... However, wouldn't that mean that us sack swingers would blindly check the 'A' box? Seems like the more realistic fans are JP supporters... Not bashers.

they are called trolls.

The_Philster
01-01-2007, 12:01 PM
i didn't say that,did i? :rolleyes:
look at what you quoted

There's been 1 vote for an A

Think before you post, SAB

SABURZFAN
01-01-2007, 12:04 PM
look at what you quoted

There's been 1 vote for an A

Think before you post, SAB

that's why i made the comment.1 VOTE PHILSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!notice the :laughter: smilie afterwards.do i need to put the sarcasm button on for you too? :rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
01-01-2007, 12:04 PM
He deserved a solid B which is what I gave him. JP fans are alot more intelligent.

The_Philster
01-01-2007, 12:08 PM
that's why i made the comment.1 VOTE PHILSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!notice the :laughter: smilie afterwards.do i need to put the sarcasm button on for you too? :rolleyes:
considering I've yet to see a post from you not filled with total idiocy since I took you off ignore, it's hard to tell when you're being serious...or just pretending to lack common sense
Why don't you do some of us long-timers a favor...and resort to the old ways you used to post....when your opinions could be respected because you backed them up with rational thought?

SABURZFAN
01-01-2007, 12:12 PM
considering I've yet to see a post from you not filled with total idiocy since I took you off ignore, it's hard to tell when you're being serious...or just pretending to lack common sense
Why don't you do some of us long-timers a favor...and resort to the old ways you used to post....when your opinions could be respected because you backed them up with rational thought?

why don't stop arguing with everybody that you disagree with?you're worse than a woman. :rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
01-01-2007, 12:36 PM
why don't stop arguing with everybody that you disagree with?you're worse than a woman. :rolleyes:

I guess that's the best you can do when Philster called you out.:down:

YOU DON'T BACK UP YOUR SMACK!! That's why people here don't respect you. I really think that this is clearly not a good site for you. Plus you are ruining it for everyone else.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2007, 01:08 PM
I give him a D. Because with better QB play the Bills could have won the 1st NE game, Jets, Lions, Colts, Chargers and Ravens games.

And it wouldn't of mattered if 99% of the QBs in the NFL , starters or back ups, started the both Miami, Jets, Vikings, Jags and Green Bay games the Bills still would have won.

Yasgur's Farm
01-01-2007, 01:12 PM
You're all alone on an island TD.

In applying probabilities and so on, the data to the extreme right and extreme left of the curve are discarded. How does it feel to be insignificant?

The_Philster
01-01-2007, 01:13 PM
You're all alone on an island TD.
he'll probably stay that way...I expect SAB to give him an F

Yasgur's Farm
01-01-2007, 01:19 PM
I believe SAB has already abandoned TD... And would probably give JP a B if he actually voted. He "The Spoon" just likes to stir up the mud.

Mr. Cynical
01-01-2007, 01:30 PM
C.

Showed some nice throws but still is not showing me he has "it". The experience excuse is gone now so we'll see next year.

ParanoidAndroid
01-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Below average in the first half of the season and above average the second half earns him the "average" rating....C

I think the RJ comparisons have all been put to rest.

The long ball is working so well, the intermediate stuff should be opening up for him. Another legitimate receiving threat will make him and this offense better, even with the line we have. Upgrade the line so we can establish the run, and JP's game can open up further. If those 2 things are done, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up putting the Plummer and Delhomme comparisons to rest as well.

Yasgur's Farm
01-01-2007, 01:36 PM
My grading system is as follows...

1 through 8 = A
9 through 16 = B
17 through 24 = C
25 through 32 = D

JP clearly finished top 11 or 12, therefore he gets a B.

MTBillsFan
01-01-2007, 02:01 PM
B!
Much improvement over last season

Typ0
01-01-2007, 02:06 PM
I gave him a C and would put a + in there if it was an option because he played some decent games down the stretch. He got a lower grade for a couple reasons. First, he threw away a couple games for us and he has at time made very poor decisions with the football. I think that is a function of my second reason which is JP does not have the level of control over his emotions that I expect to see from someone who has to remain completely focused on the task at hand.

Novacane
01-01-2007, 02:13 PM
An A is a ridiculas grade JP ERA :rolleyes: A solid B for the second half of the season
makes his c- for the first half a B- to C

X-Era
01-01-2007, 02:33 PM
is that why you voted A?

Yes, my friend, I voted him an A.

Take a look at the stats, hater, you are in the minority, the majority rules and you my friend are WRONG!!!! Plain and simple, WRONG

kernowboy
01-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Overall a solid B

With the line gelling in the offseason and maybe some work at No2 WR and RB he is moving in the right direction

Dr. Lecter
01-01-2007, 03:22 PM
I give him a D. Because with better QB play the Bills could have won the 1st NE game, Jets, Lions, Colts, Chargers and Ravens games.

And it wouldn't of mattered if 99% of the QBs in the NFL , starters or back ups, started the both Miami, Jets, Vikings, Jags and Green Bay games the Bills still would have won.

How many rushing yards did they get against the Ravens?

Do you ever place blame for a loss on a position besides QB?

Inetpub
01-02-2007, 08:31 AM
WHo in the world would rate him a C at the beginning of the year????? He threw for less than 100 yards in afew of those bum games of his. His play was basically to hand off the ball for afew games of the season. His perception of time still sucks buy the fact he probably has taken more delay of game penalties than ANY QB in the league. Did he improve? Sure. From the mess he was.

Beginning of the year. D+
After the bye B-

I still would give him C for the whole year. C+ if not for the fact that there were stinkers in there where all he did was hand the ball to the RB.

Philagape
01-02-2007, 08:41 AM
If he completes most of the passes he does throw and doesn't make mistakes and wins the game, then it's not a stinker. That describes a couple of those low-yardage games. Not throwing a lot isn't a bad thing.