PDA

View Full Version : Losman Contract Extension......

SABURZFAN
01-01-2007, 12:49 PM
who's in favor of it?

Night Train
01-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Ralph, Marv, Jauron, Fairchild..

cocamide
01-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Let's see what he does next year before extending it. If this were his contract year, I would say yes, extend his contract.

SABURZFAN
Ralph, Marv, Jauron, Fairchild..

are you sure?

how about you?

SABURZFAN
Let's see what he does next year before extending it. If this were his contract year, I would say yes, extend his contract.

fair enough.....

Night Train
01-01-2007, 12:58 PM
are you sure?

how about you?

I don't matter. I'm a silly fan.

SABURZFAN
01-01-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't matter. I'm a silly fan.

i know and i couldn't have said it better myself...........

Night Train
01-01-2007, 01:06 PM
i know and i couldn't have said it better myself...........

And you follow it up with neg rep.

You're a real winner, SAB. A legend in your own mind.

Yasgur's Farm
01-01-2007, 01:11 PM
JP's signed through 2008 and Evans through 2009 if his option is exercised.

I'd like to extend both before it gets out of hand. The earlier the extension offer, the more likely a player will accept. So yes... I'm in favor of extending both while we have the money.

justasportsfan
01-01-2007, 01:14 PM
JP's signed through 2008 and Evans through 2009 if his option is exercised.

If extending them ties up more cap next couple of years then I wouldn't. We need the $ in areas that will help them play better.

TigerJ
01-01-2007, 01:48 PM
If his contract ends after next season, I'd talk with Losman about extending. If it ends after the 2008 season, next year is plenty of time to talk about an extension.

The_Philster
01-01-2007, 01:49 PM
I'd start exploring the options this offseason...but wouldn't push hard for it til after next season

TacklingDummy
01-01-2007, 01:52 PM
:monkeyp: Losman

Extend Evans before he becomes another TO or Javon Walker. Evans deserves more money.

DANMAN
01-01-2007, 02:16 PM
I think that now would be the best time to get JP to sign a resonable extension at lower risk to the Bills then if they wait til after next year.

I expect the Bills, and JP, to improve more next year. Marv and the coaches have a pretty good idea of what they are doing and are good at selecting good quality players. This year I believe that they will give more attention to the OL and JP will benefit from it. A better Ol means a better running game and more time to throw. That means even better stats next year (and hopefully more wins) and thereby more bargaining power in contract negotiations.

If the coaches and Marv are as sold on JP as I think they are and believe that he will continue to mature and improve as a player. Then locking him up before next season would be a prudent thing to do.

Just like they did with Jason Peters last year. They signed him to a long term deal while he was a up and coming RT. If he had played out the last year of his last contract this season he would be looking at a contract for a young LT who looks like he could be a stud. In fact the Bills might not have been able to fend off other teams offers to him as I believe he would had been an unrestcirted free agent. Instead we have our best O lineman signed at a cap friendly rate for years to come it was a brilliant move.

If Jp has a better year next year his price goes up alot. Good QB's are hard to come by. I think JP will be a good QB in this league, how good I'm not sure but possibly a real good QB. He's got the arm, he's getting the coaching, he's tough, he played every down this year behind an OL that struggled and the kid does not quit and I like that in a QB. He also seems commited to Buffalo as an organization and as a community. He ain't looking to get out of here, he's wanting to make it happen here and I like that.

I think extending JP now would be a good idea.

Extend Lee Evans too becuase he is not going to get any cheaper either. He is a high character guy, a great reciever and the kind of player I like the Bills to have.

Big M
01-01-2007, 02:28 PM
are you sure?

I read Jauron saying Losman was his QB in 2007 and it was time to address other positions on offense and defense. Was in the Buffalo/Rochester papers a few weeks back. Wilson then repeated those thoughts.

kernowboy
01-01-2007, 02:46 PM
I agree with Danman. Sign him to an extension now. What are the alternatives?

We sign a FA who may or may not be better, and could be either a Rob Johnson or a Doug Flutie. And the best out there Matt Schwab could go either way.

Draft a QB, avoid areas of more pressing need like DT, LB, OL and No2 WR and have to start all over again maybe even giving up picks. Arguably RB is a greater need.

Sign JP at a reasonable price to an extension. If he fails to continue his development curve, he'll still have trade value, based on what he has accomplished this season

Add a couple more years. He's only the third QB to take every snap in a season, has guts it out, despite 47 sacks and shown improvement when given a proper opportunity. Exactly what more can you expect from a QB with 24 carreer starts

YardRat
01-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Wait until next year...no use wasting'07 cap dollars when you don't need to. Beside that..I'm waiting to see how JP starts the season next year before investing bigger dollars in him.

Ebenezer
01-01-2007, 06:23 PM
If JP plays as well next year as he did this year the Bills will have to serious consider extending him before the contract year.

clumping platelets
01-02-2007, 02:02 AM
If extending them ties up more cap next couple of years then I wouldn't. We need the $ in areas that will help them play better.

Bills have PLENTY of cap space to accomodate both

jamze132
01-02-2007, 03:51 AM
Bills have PLENTY of cap space to accomodate both
And they should. You never know what you are going to get in FA but you already know what you have on your team.