• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billsburgh
    • Jul 2003

Shirley Temple King likes Jason Peters

for his all pro team
    T: Jason Peters, Buffalo; Willie Anderson, Cincinnati. Sorry, Walter Jones. It came down to you and Willie. Peters split his time between right and left this season, and the Bills found a franchise tackle

Moorman is his choice for punter too.
    some more love
    i. I came thisclose to voting Lee Evans an All-Pro wideout. What a nice season he had. Good to see that all his hard work in the offseason with J.P. Losman paid off.

j. Dick Jauron is a heck of a football coach. And Turk Schonert, his quarterback coach, has done a heck of a job with Losman.
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Shirley Temple King likes Jason Peters

I wouldn't be surpised if Peter's and Evans where Pro Bowlers next year.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

Seriously....no joking...do people really think Peters is a franchise LT? Not slamming him, just asking.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
        Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
        • Jul 2002

I can barely remember anyone making a play when Peters was blocking them. Taylor had a couple plays, but he's arguably the best defensive player in the NFL. Peters was sick this year IMO.

God give me style and give me grace
        God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Sportsuser101
          • Feb 2005

It truly is unbelievable how dominating Peters seemed to be game in and game out. Hard to believe he was a TE just a few years ago.
          Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• G. Host
            Banned
            • Jul 2002

I have never been a JP advocate but he has improved his run blocking skills.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
              Seriously....no joking...do people really think Peters is a franchise LT? Not slamming him, just asking.
              The best athlete on the field can usually play in many places.

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                The best athlete on the field can usually play in many places.
                So where else do you think Moorman should play since he is a better athlete than JP.

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

And we have that bad mf'er locked up til 2011.

http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

Upgrades at RG and RT will have us going places. Add in a legit threat at TE and this offense will take off. Peerless wasn't half bad down the stretch, so an improvement over him would be a bonus.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Aug 2004

Actually, he is beginning to resemble one.

A lot of people hold the fact that he started out as a TE against him, but forget that, in college, Peters was bumped from LT to TE by Shawn Andrews--who has only become a Pro Bowl OG--so that Arkansas could keep its two best blockers side-by-side and utilize Peters' speed/size/hands combo in their limited passing game (Matt Jones was their QB and there's a reason he is a WR in the pros). He has the height and size and is at least as athetic, if not moreso, as any franchise LT out there. What Peters lacked coming out of college and has had to learn as a pro is technique. And, I think you can see that he has been learning the techniques.

Is he Jonathan Ogden or Willie Roaf, etc.? No. Not yet. But, you also have to keep in mind that a lot of franchise LTs have either retired, like Roaf, or are getting pretty long in the tooth at this point. How many young LTs are better than Peters at this point? I'll give you Marcus McNeill. D'Brickashaw Ferguson might become better than Peters, but he isn't there yet. Who else? Certainly not Gallery. McKinnie? Ummm...maybe.... For a guy who just moved to LT after a year of playing RT and having precious little experience playing the position before that, Peters has done pretty well and he's still just learning. Will he ever be a Pro Bowler? I don't know, let's see how he plays after he gets a full season or two under his belt at LT and finally has a decent LG playing next to him. But, is he a franchise LT? Well, he's starting to look like he could be one.
                      Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

hell yeah he is, or will be soon. He's been dominant against almost everyone he faced. The left side has been the only side that they run on too and they usually do good.

Comment

• Luisito23
                          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Devin
                          And we have that bad mf'er locked up til 2011.

GO BILLS!!!!!!
                          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                          X