• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Mock drafts already???

I hate the offseason!

I will say this. I have been as lenient as anyone but they absolutly need to make the playoffs next year!
  • clumping platelets

Re: Mock drafts already???

Super Bowl or bust

Comment

• eyedog
      • Jul 2002

Since I think we need to draft two linebackers this coming April I was watching them closely yesterday. most of these guys I've seen play numerous times since I watch alot of c-ball but these are the guys I really like.
      D. Harris inside linebacker at Michigan. Probably will be able to get in the 3rd but may move into 2nd.
      R. Alexander, Oklahoma. Like Harris should be able to play both inside and outside. Probably a 2nd rder.
      K. Rivers at USC. He's a Junior who as of now isn't coming out in this draft but he will be an NFL player.
      I'll take any or all of those three.

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

Mocks have already been updated a number of times. We'll pick up some additional ones this month.

I agree, Buffalo needs to make a serious run in the playoffs next season. Yeah, Clump, a Super Bowl berth would constitute a serious run in the playoffs.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

I ignore all mock drafts. It's my offseason ritual.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
            I ignore all mock drafts. It's my offseason ritual.
            I mock the mocks!

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by eyedog
              Since I think we need to draft two linebackers this coming April I was watching them closely yesterday. most of these guys I've seen play numerous times since I watch alot of c-ball but these are the guys I really like.
              D. Harris inside linebacker at Michigan. Probably will be able to get in the 3rd but may move into 2nd.
              R. Alexander, Oklahoma. Like Harris should be able to play both inside and outside. Probably a 2nd rder.
              K. Rivers at USC. He's a Junior who as of now isn't coming out in this draft but he will be an NFL player.
              I've been doing the same thing (also looking at DTs and O-linemen) all season and through the bowl games as well and I really like what I've seen of those three LBs as well. In the games that I've seen them, all three were guys that you couldn't help noticing, especially Rivers and Alexander. Timmons from Fla.St., too.

I've only seen P.Willis from Ole Miss twice and he really didn't make a big impression on me, although in one of the games he had a huge number of tackles by the end of the game. The same for Everett from Florida. Willis and Everett appear to be the fastest MLB and OLB in this draft, but I prefer guys whose play makes you notice them to guys who have impressive physical stats. Right now, Willis and Posluzny are rated as the top LBs in this draft and are probably going to go in the 1st Round. Before his injury, I would have had no problem with the Bills using the 12th pick on Posluzny (I thought he was better than Hawk before the injury), but he seems to have lost something since he got hurt. He's played well in the games that I've seen him play this year, including in the bowl game against Tenn., but there were plays that he used to make, that he will have to make to be a difference-maker in the pros that I've seen him miss too often this year. As a result, as with Willis, I have my doubts about Posluzny: I wonder if he is that much better than the three guys that you mentioned who are likely to go later in the draft and whether it is worth spending a first round pick on him when a second rounder is likely to get, say, Alexander. I'm just not sure.

Rivers, supposedly, has said that he will not be coming out this year, but I hope he changes his mind. I think he's going to be a real stud in the NFL and would be very happy to see the Bills take him at # 12. Sartz from USC is nowhere near the physical specimen that any of the other guys who have been mentioned are, but the guy always seems to make a ton of big plays and could end up being a steal in the middle rounds (he reminds me of a MLB from Texas Tech that I saw a few years ago who was too small and too slow, but always seemed to be making plays--a guy by the name of Zach Thomas: I'm not saying that Sartz is another Thomas, but as an OLB he reminds me of the way Thomas played at MLB in college). From what I've seen, Sartz is not projected to go that high in the draft.

The only reason that I look at mock drafts and mock draft sites is to get more information about the players that are in the draft pool--in particular, their physical stats, 40-times, etc. As it gets close to draft time and the needs of the various teams and the Combine performances, etc. come more clearly into focus, they help to give me some idea of who the other teams might be interested in. But, I rely a lot on what I see in the games that I watch--sometimes as many as 10 or more college games on any given weekend--to get an impression of the players at least at the major colleges. Watching sometimes 3 TVs at a time, it can be hard to know what every player's name and physical stats are, but, when I see a guy with a particular number making a lot of plays or doing a lot of good things at positions that I think the Bills may need to get a better player, I take notes. That's where the mock draft sites help me get more information about the players who have caught my eye and let me know what other players it might be worth looking for in the games that I watch. Beyond that, I don't really think that a lot of those mock draft "gurus" really know all that much, particularly about the Bills and what their needs are--the things that really interest me the most.
              Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

I like Rufus Alexander, hes a bit lean for an OLB, but hes all over the field. Im not a Harris fan, personally.

You skipped a few of the best, Willis is a stud. Buster Davis is the next Fletch, he even looks like him. Hall from Boise State is a great sleeper.

I also like the idea of converting some of the smaller DE's like Adams or Moses. Baraka Atkins could be good as well.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                  Super Bowl Championship or bust
                  Fixed it for ya
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• eyedog
                    • Jul 2002

Good post Lifetime BF. I'll be checking out N. Harris tonight along with dt- Okoye.
                    I believe Harris was originally supposed to go to the Miami "Canes. The kid runs well.
                    I like B. Davis from fla St. and I also haven't seen alot of P. Willis since they are not on much but he's a run stuffer which the Bills need. I don't think Hall is nothing more than a NFL backup/special teamer-Coy Wire type.
                    It sounds like you enjoy your college football also.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Most Mocks have us drafting a QB, Juniors who has announced they are returning to school, or cornerbacks

Only a few of them had us drafting anywhere near #12

They are all garbage right now-

Comment

• eyedog
                        • Jul 2002

Okoye is living in Wake's backfield, for the 1st qtr. at least.

Of course "he may not fit the system". Like Ngata. What a bunch of crap that is. Please find me more guys that don't fit this system and stuff the run.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

Okoye is living in Wake's backfield, for the 1st qtr. at least.

Of course "he may not fit the system". Like Ngata. What a bunch of crap that is. Please find me more guys that don't fit this system and stuff the run.
                          I'm starting to be sold on this guy too. Originally, I thought I might prefer a LB in the 1st rd, but now I'm thinking that we should address LB in FA and get this guy. I prefer him than any FA DT available!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

I freaking hate the Draft!!!! A bunch of Know it alls(that really don't know much) Blabbing about garbage!

Comment

• eyedog
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                              I freaking hate the Draft!!!! A bunch of Know it alls(that really don't know much) Blabbing about garbage!
                              Who asked you ? If you don't want to talk college football and the players the stfu.

Comment

Working...
                              X