PDA

View Full Version : I am not only fine with JP as our QB next year

THATHURMANATOR
01-02-2007, 09:46 AM
I am very happy about it. The kid has heart and skill. He will only get better.

LtBillsFan66
01-02-2007, 09:50 AM
:bf1:

Night Train
01-02-2007, 10:16 AM
I am very happy about it. The kid has heart and skill. He will only get better.
Aren't you afraid of being labeled a Losman " Liquor " ! :boozer:

BTW - I agree with you.

BillsNick
01-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Agreed :up:

The last buffalo fan
01-02-2007, 10:33 AM
:bandwagon

Go Bills!!!

Michael82
01-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Agreed! I'm so excited about the future. The light in his head finally went on this season and now we have seen what this kid can do. :clap:

Anyone else get chills when they saw JP chase Samari Rolle down and then literally throw him out of bounds? It reminded me soo much of what Jim Kelly would do. :drool:

THATHURMANATOR
01-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Anyone else get chills when they saw JP chase Samari Rolle down and then literally throw him out of bounds? It reminded me soo much of what Jim Kelly would do. :drool:
No I was pissed he threw an INT....

kernowboy
01-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Totally happy. Not a need. It will be a disgrace if we draft here on Day1

ghz in pittsburgh
01-02-2007, 11:06 AM
This is just my feeling, a strong feeling, that JP is one of those players that the scouts are right: he needs time to develop.

Right now what would you describe Losman's best asset as a QB? If I take a poll, most will probably answer arm strength. To me, after this season, I see that thing the scouts liked him from Tulane: instincts.

I gave one example. His INT where McAlister ran back for a TD in the last guy. Losman said he completed a couple of similar passes earlier. He kind of felt that McAlister might be sitting on that now; he just went to the well one time too many in that situation. You might be surprised not too many QBs in NFL have that kind of instincts. They would mechanically execute the play as drawn by the coaches, or they might shun McAlister all together because of his reputation.

For a guy ran around in Tulane making plays after plays, he has to have good instincts to be successful. But he needs time and experience to translate that into NFL. I'm more convinced now than ever that Losman is more of a Flutie type of QB (not Favre), who will use his understanding to play the game eventually. Of course Losman has much better physical tools than Flutie, which would allow him to be much more successful in NFL.

A guy has natural instincts, good tools (strong arm and well above average escapability), and he has passion, the desire to work and get better, no wonder Jauron is giddy about his QB. It's a matter of time for the guy to instinctively making better decisions.

The last buffalo fan
01-02-2007, 11:11 AM
This is just my feeling, a strong feeling, that JP is one of those players that the scouts are right: he needs time to develop.

Right now what would you describe Losman's best asset as a QB? If I take a poll, most will probably answer arm strength. To me, after this season, I see that thing the scouts liked him from Tulane: instincts.

I gave one example. His INT where McAlister ran back for a TD in the last guy. Losman said he completed a couple of similar passes earlier. He kind of felt that McAlister might be sitting on that now; he just went to the well one time too many in that situation. You might be surprised not too many QBs in NFL have that kind of instincts. They would mechanically execute the play as drawn by the coaches, or they might shun McAlister all together because of his reputation.

For a guy ran around in Tulane making plays after plays, he has to have good instincts to be successful. But he needs time and experience to translate that into NFL. I'm more convinced now than ever that Losman is more of a Flutie type of QB (not Favre), who will use his understanding to play the game eventually. Of course Losman has much better physical tools than Flutie, which would allow him to be much more successful in NFL.

A guy has natural instincts, good tools (strong arm and well above average escapability), and he has passion, the desire to work and get better, no wonder Jauron is giddy about his QB. It's a matter of time for the guy to instinctively making better decisions.

Great post. :up:

ublinkwescore
01-02-2007, 11:24 AM

that pretty much sums it up for me.

I am happy because this team can finally start to move forward with the most important position being solidified.

I've been telling my friends that this guy is a next-gen Doug Flutie - mobility who's gonna make the opposing d worry about him scrambling, and will turn sundays into streetball type games - which is good because he's gonna be making the opposing Ds play his game.

Yasgur's Farm
01-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Agreed! I'm so excited about the future. The light in his head finally went on this season and now we have seen what this kid can do. :clap:

Anyone else get chills when they saw JP chase Samari Rolle down and then literally throw him out of bounds? It reminded me soo much of what Jim Kelly would do. :drool:That single play alone makes all the RJ comparisons ridiculous.

Michael82
01-02-2007, 11:43 AM
That single play alone makes all the RJ comparisons ridiculous.
Exactly. RJ would have just layed down on the ground and watched the guy go by. :ill:

Goobylal
01-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Exactly. RJ would have just layed down on the ground and watched the guy go by. :ill:
...and somehow gotten hurt in the process.

RockStar36
01-02-2007, 11:45 AM

No, but I got chills when he blocked for Willis and took Zach Thomas out.

Michael82
01-02-2007, 11:46 AM
...and somehow gotten hurt in the process.
:rofl: He would be hurt after throwing the ball to a defender before getting sacked.

Michael82
01-02-2007, 11:46 AM
No, but I got chills when he blocked for Willis and took Zach Thomas out.
That was sweet too. It was a great hit, and it reminded me of when Bledsoe took out that Jets player when he first came here.

Yasgur's Farm
01-02-2007, 11:49 AM
...and somehow gotten hurt in the process.LMAO

justasportsfan
01-02-2007, 11:50 AM
RJ would've been hurt.

Here's another thing. Robosack would've been in Cali Sunday night and surfing the next morning. JP's ready to start next season.

Goobylal
01-02-2007, 11:51 AM
:rofl: He would be hurt after throwing the ball to a defender before getting sacked.
I supported RJ...until it became apparent that a) he would never stay healthy for a whole season and b) seemed to care more about his stats (i.e. taking sacks instead of throwing the ball away). The kid had talent but it means nothing when it's not used correctly.

As for JP, outside of Peters and Evans, he doesn't have a whole lot around him. I see Evans as a #1, but then he's got a bunch of #3's. Royal doesn't scare anyone and his non-TD catch against the Tits was pathetic. And McGahee to me doesn't seem to consistently give his best effort. I don't know if that's the injury or something else (like him throwing-up during a couple games this year), but the Bills need to look for his replacement given that AND his contract coming up soon. And the interior of the O-line is still too weak.

Give JP some decent talent around him and watch out.

Ingtar33
01-02-2007, 12:43 PM

did anyone see Rex Grosman dog it on the two ints returned for TDs by the Pack?

He could have caught both guys, and pulled up.

If i was in Chicago with that no heart wimp at QB I'd have thrown my remote through my TV watching it not once, but twice in the same game.

THATHURMANATOR
01-02-2007, 12:44 PM
But Grossman is Better than that Loser Losman. Ask TD...

TacklingDummy
01-02-2007, 01:41 PM
I've never liked any QB from the University of Florida.

TacklingDummy
01-02-2007, 01:42 PM

I'd be pissed too if I cost my team a win. Not only with 1 INT. but with 2.

Maybe JP can play defense?

Dr. Lecter
01-02-2007, 01:43 PM

It also makes the assetion that he quit on the season seem idiotic.

Philagape
01-02-2007, 04:53 PM
This is from an AP story I just read:

The Bills' hopes are further bolstered by the emergence of quarterback J.P. Losman, who has already secured the starting job heading into next season. That's a big change because he was benched twice in 2005 and forced to reclaim his job this offseason in a three-way competition.
Losman finished with 3,051 yards passing, the most by a Bills player since Drew Bledsoe had 4,359 in 2002. Losman's 84.9 passer rating was sixth best in the AFC and 11th in the NFL.
More encouraging, he produced last-minute scoring drives to win consecutive games and began providing what had been a sputtering offense with a big-play identity. Of the 13 touchdown passes he threw in the final nine games, nine were 21 yards or longer.
"To be perfectly honest, he exceeded my expectations," Jauron said.
"He put all those questions to rest," added receiver Peerless Price. "There should be no questions about him and his ability or who the quarterback is of the Bills. Because he is the quarterback."

The_Philster
01-02-2007, 08:07 PM

Anyone else get chills when they saw JP chase Samari Rolle down and then literally throw him out of bounds? It reminded me soo much of what Jim Kelly would do. :drool:actually, Kelly broke the guy's leg...so let's not get carried away here :cynic:

I supported RJ...until it became apparent that a) he would never stay healthy for a whole season and b) seemed to care more about his stats (i.e. taking sacks instead of throwing the ball away).that wasn't a case of caring about stats...it was a case where he was coached wrong in college and wasn't smart enough to overcome it. Back when they were debating whether to keep RJ or Flutie, RJ's college coach told Shepherd and Kragthorpe that he had trained RJ to always look to make the play. That and the fact he never learned to properly trust his WRs is what did him in. He lacked the mental capacity to learn in the pros