PDA

View Full Version : Who can the Bills get as a 2nd wideout?

blackonyx89
01-02-2007, 10:55 AM
No offense to Peerless Price,but I think it's crucial that we get a big physical WR that has blazing speed to be a threat opposite Evans. Are there any free agent receivers out there we can get at a reasonable price? JP needs another fast target to take the pressure off of Evans. Suggestions?

BillsNick
01-02-2007, 11:00 AM
I would rather have a high end TE. I am happy with our WR's if we get a good TE.

kernowboy
01-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Ernest Wilford in FA

THATHURMANATOR
01-02-2007, 11:04 AM
I am totally fine with our WRs. A gamebreaking TE would help much more.

Patrick76777
01-02-2007, 11:23 AM
No offense to Peerless Price,but I think it's crucial that we get a big physical WR that has blazing speed to be a threat opposite Evans. Are there any free agent receivers out there we can get at a reasonable price? JP needs another fast target to take the pressure of Evans. Suggestions?

Ted Ginn Jr.

Jimbuktu
01-02-2007, 11:24 AM
What if this dude from USC falls to them at 12?

Yasgur's Farm
01-02-2007, 11:26 AM
What if this dude from USC falls to them at 12?Jarrett!! Can't pass on him at 12. NFW!!

Jimbuktu
01-02-2007, 11:27 AM
there is pretty much no chance he is available though, right?

that could work better for us though, we clearly need work on our foundations on both sides of the ball

Dr. Lecter
01-02-2007, 11:31 AM
If the Bills draft Jarrett I will scream and bash my head against a brick wall.

The Bills need to plug holes on DL, O-Line, LB (very likely), and CB (very likely) first.

cocamide
01-02-2007, 11:37 AM
I don't think we should draft an O-Lineman in the first round. A big defensive guy, yes, but an O-Lineman no. It seems like first round O-Lineman are flops: Mike Williams, Robert Gallery, etc. I'd be happy with a huge interior defensive lineman so we can finally do something about the run.

Yasgur's Farm
01-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Why does everybody forget about free agency?

Say we grab Eric Steinbach to slip in at right guard... If that happens I say we would spend our 3rd on another interior guy.

How about we nab Pat Williams to stuff runs... And we spend a 4th rounder on another.

Same with LB.

Same with DB.

Afterall, wouldn't we want somebody in all those positions that would have the best chance to make an immediate impact? What better way than free agency?

I say the chances are high we target our true #2 beast WR as our #1 pick!!

justasportsfan
01-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Parrish was way underused this year. Time to open up the playbook.

RockStar36
01-02-2007, 11:44 AM
I don't think WR is a big concern this off-season. They have to many other needs that need to be addressed first.

The last buffalo fan
01-02-2007, 11:46 AM
What if this dude from USC falls to them at 12?

Trade the pick down, and get more picks.

We don't need another 1st WR, it means more money to spend, and we are not a big spender team. Besides, we have more needs and we can not afford this kind of luxury.

JPFBillsFan
01-02-2007, 12:20 PM
i agree with TLBF only thing tough we don't have many game changers....DJarrett and CJohnson are game changers...

Michael82
01-02-2007, 12:23 PM
I'll say this right now because I saw the highlights on ESPN last night....I would kill for Calvin Johnson. But I also wouldn't mind Dwayne Jarrett or Jeff Samardzija. :drool:

But I have also been a big fan of Drew Bennett. I'd take him and he might be cheap too. :up:

BillsNick
01-02-2007, 01:24 PM
WR is the least of our needs at the moment. A pass catching TE will do wonders for our passing game.

That being said. I personally love Jeff Samardzija. He would be a perfect fit.

madness
01-02-2007, 01:25 PM
I'll say this right now because I saw the highlights on ESPN last night....I would kill for Calvin Johnson. But I also wouldn't mind Dwayne Jarrett or Jeff Samardzija. :drool:

But I have also been a big fan of Drew Bennett. I'd take him and he might be cheap too. :up:

I believe Jeff "The Shark" Samardzija is going to play baseball. He was Notre Dame's ace last year and is a Baseball's America top 100 prospect. He was drafted by the Cubs this past June.

I wouldn't be against upgrading the #2 but it seemed like JP was starting to look more toward Price's way near the end of the season. It could be JP's progression or a developing chemistry between the two but I wouldn't be surprised if Price keeps the #2 role minus a big FA signing. Especially if he could put up numbers like the Titans game on a consistent basis. (7 grabs, 73 yds.)

Michael82
01-02-2007, 01:34 PM
WR is the least of our needs at the moment. A pass catching TE will do wonders for our passing game.

That being said. I personally love Jeff Samardzija. He would be a perfect fit.
I love Jeff Samardzija too. He would be a perfect fit here and him and Lee Evans would be a scary duo together. :drool:

kernowboy
01-02-2007, 01:40 PM
We don't need to spend a R1 on a big WR .. look at the rookie in New Orleans. With the improved play of the OL, the key need falls on the Defence. We need a better DT than Tim Anderson, and need to plan for the release of TKO and Fletcher-Baker as well as the likely departure of Clements.

I would look at David Diehl at RG and the resigning of Mike Gandy. I am not sure if we need to break the bank for Steinbach.

I think we need to go high and early for a LB, like Posluzny or Willis and look to pick up a NT like Okoye in R2.

I would want to pick a OL who can play LT as a backup for Peters in case he gets injured. Doug Free has had a poor senior season but could still be a solid pro and might be there in R3

As for the No2 WR, in FA we could consider someone like Ernest Wilford or a Day2 draft pick like Jason Hill or Mark Trainton

patmoran2006
01-02-2007, 02:07 PM
No offense to Peerless Price,but I think it's crucial that we get a big physical WR that has blazing speed to be a threat opposite Evans. Are there any free agent receivers out there we can get at a reasonable price? JP needs another fast target to take the pressure off of Evans. Suggestions?

Im going to go ahead and agree with you 100% for a couple of reasons.

1- I think Price would be best served as a #3.

2- I think without a DOUBT we need a starter opposite Evans who can go over the middle and consistently make the catches and move the chains. Josh Reed doesnt get open consistent enough for this spot. Reed has value, but the looks of this offense points towards a lot more 4 WR sets in Losman's future so its not like Reed would be a castoff.

3- Like everyone else, I'd too like to have a better receiving TE.. But the 12th pick in the draft is too high and I dont see any TE's in FA that would be THAT much value over Royal now. Tony Gonzalez is still great of course, but on downside of his career and someone will over pay him.

4- NATURALLY we need at least one new STARTER on each side of the line (DE and RT for sure, IMO).. I want that through FA though.. We havea strong nucleous now and we could be ready to contend.. I dont want rookies learning in the trenches next season.. Spend the cash, ESPECIALLY should you not resign Nate and shore up those spots with vets.

5- For the record, PLEASE DONT SIGN KELSAY.. He's a good pass rusher, but he's horrible against the run as is almost ALL Of our DL except for Kyle Williams.

6- With Calvin Johnson a LOCK to be gone top 3, there is an outside shot at Jarrett being around at 12, which would be an IDEAL pick for Buffalo.

But im not going to even START contemplating draft boards until I see who we resign and who we bring in via FA.. It's crazy to try and do that at this point.

Bill Brasky
01-02-2007, 06:01 PM
3- I dont see any TE's in FA that would be THAT much value over Royal now.

What about Johnson from SF? Isn't he a FA this year? I'd take him over Royal.

Kerr
01-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Bennett, and if not trade down and grab Samardzija. He has a knack for always getting open.

At TE i'd go after Daniel Graham before anyone else.

The_Philster
01-02-2007, 06:20 PM
How about we nab Pat Williams to stuff runs...Is there another Pat Williams that I'm not aware of? The one that used to play for us signed a 3-year deal to play for the Vikes....in 2005
He's NOT a free agent
http://nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=25165

Kerr
01-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Is there another Pat Williams that I'm not aware of? The one that used to play for us signed a 3-year deal to play for the Vikes....in 2005
He's NOT a free agent
http://nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=25165

There's a chance he gets cut for youth.

The_Philster
01-02-2007, 06:34 PM
There's a chance he gets cut for youth.
Yeah...2 chances, actually
slim
none
:laughter:
He's still very productive

Kerr
01-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah...2 chances, actually
slim
none
:laughter:
He's still very productive

When your teams run defense constantly sucks you can only dream of a run stuffer like pat.

SABURZFAN
01-02-2007, 06:48 PM
If the Bills draft Jarrett I will scream and bash my head against a brick wall.

can i help you bash your head against the brick wall?i just want to make sure you don't miss. :up:

Dr. Lecter
01-02-2007, 07:49 PM
can i help you bash your head against the brick wall?i just want to make sure you don't miss. :up:

If you are man enough (:rofl: :rofl::rofl:), you are welcome to try.

Crazygoo
01-02-2007, 08:19 PM
i myself like price or reed
Later in the season Price was doign good

Mahdi
01-02-2007, 10:09 PM
We don't need to spend a R1 on a big WR .. look at the rookie in New Orleans. With the improved play of the OL, the key need falls on the Defence. We need a better DT than Tim Anderson, and need to plan for the release of TKO and Fletcher-Baker as well as the likely departure of Clements.

I would look at David Diehl at RG and the resigning of Mike Gandy. I am not sure if we need to break the bank for Steinbach.

I think we need to go high and early for a LB, like Posluzny or Willis and look to pick up a NT like Okoye in R2.

I would want to pick a OL who can play LT as a backup for Peters in case he gets injured. Doug Free has had a poor senior season but could still be a solid pro and might be there in R3

As for the No2 WR, in FA we could consider someone like Ernest Wilford or a Day2 draft pick like Jason Hill or Mark Trainton
I like everything you said except for Ernest Wilford....he cant run routes and hes too slow.

Dr. Lecter
01-02-2007, 10:19 PM
4- NATURALLY we need at least one new STARTER on each side of the line (DE and RT for sure, IMO).. I want that through FA though.. We havea strong nucleous now and we could be ready to contend.. I dont want rookies learning in the trenches next season.. Spend the cash, ESPECIALLY should you not resign Nate and shore up those spots with vets.

I disagree with RT, at least as a top priority. Either guard is a bigger need than RT.

I would also say that DT is more of a need than DE. Hargrove and Denney are OK at DE.

Devin
01-02-2007, 10:25 PM
While the argument could be made that we need a stronger #2 WR,I think adding a TE threat will ultimatley help make the WR's we have now look better.

That being said Jason Hill is going to be a great #2 WR, as is Dwayne Bowe.

Marvelous
01-03-2007, 12:51 AM
WTF kind of blind fan would even consider WR in the 1st??????
-Probably the same kind of fan who is pro McGahee because he's a big name.
/roll eyes
I agree JP needs a weapon but not another WR. He needs a FB that excells at dumpoff catches like Larry Centers was.. Or a TE who is worth a d@mn. Neither positions are worthy of a 1st or even 2nd round pick.... DT/NT is hands down the teams highest 1st round need. Esp because a big NT helps right away, where a CB takes more than just the pre-season to be effective in the way we would need one... The smartest approach would be NT in 1st, then G or T in the 2nd... Or vice versa.. Our interior is soooo suspect, and that's why we struggle.. Reed,Peerless are decent #2's and i know Parrish is set to breakout.. Fast,hands, and can take punishment! He's our #2 IMO. But Reed & Peerless are solid slot & #4.. I dunno why a Bills fan who is diehard wnough to read a Bills message board would think a WR need outweighs the teams major weaknesses.....goodgrief

kernowboy
01-03-2007, 04:12 AM

2- I think without a DOUBT we need a starter opposite Evans who can go over the middle and consistently make the catches and move the chains. Josh Reed doesnt get open consistent enough for this spot. Reed has value, but the looks of this offense points towards a lot more 4 WR sets in Losman's future so its not like Reed would be a castoff.

3- Like everyone else, I'd too like to have a better receiving TE.. But the 12th pick in the draft is too high and I dont see any TE's in FA that would be THAT much value over Royal now. Tony Gonzalez is still great of course, but on downside of his career and someone will over pay him.

5- For the record, PLEASE DONT SIGN KELSAY.. He's a good pass rusher, but he's horrible against the run as is almost ALL Of our DL except for Kyle Williams.

6- With Calvin Johnson a LOCK to be gone top 3, there is an outside shot at Jarrett being around at 12, which would be an IDEAL pick for Buffalo.

But im not going to even START contemplating draft boards until I see who we resign and who we bring in via FA.. It's crazy to try and do that at this point.

Pat,

I think with the money tied up in Price and Reed, and with Shelton close to retirement would it not be possible/indeed likely that we would look to a second starting TE like Dan Graham and use a 2xTE set a lot of the time?

I think on the lines the key players we need are a NT hopefully Amobi Okoye through the draft and a RG who I hope will come through free agency (David Diehl). I think either Pennington or Butler or even as a longshot Aaron Merz can do a job at RT. The FA class doesn't look like much of an upgrade. I'd like to draft a backup LT on Day1 as I am concerned that Peters is only one inury away from moving Gandy back there and I think someone like Doug Free in Round 3 could do a better job.

Whilst I kind of agree about Kelsay, I only think that Justin Smith, Charles Grant or Patrick Kerney would do better (the last my fav) and there is no certainty we could sign any of them. Kelsay potentially could back up Schobel with Hargrove and Denney on the left.

I think we will also draft a LB on Day1 and placed 12th, could quite easily trade down for either Patrick Willis or Paul Posluzny, and get another Day1 pick. I feel Fletcher won't be resigned and TKO may be released. I'd like to sign Matt Wilhelm for the middle and have the rookie on the flank.

What is your opinion on retreads? I think Clements will be too expensive and Willis may be traded out .... how about Mike Rumph and TJ Duckett coming in? If we get some draft value for Willis for the 08 draft it makes it easier to manovre for Steve Slaton

I think with a lot of teams now being considerably under the cap, a lot of FAs who will now subsequently become available will be due to non-salary related cuts .... I'm not to keen on there types of guys

Yasgur's Farm
01-03-2007, 05:22 AM
/roll eyes
I agree JP needs a weapon but not another WR. He needs a FB that excells at dumpoff catches like Larry Centers was.. Or a TE who is worth a d@mn. Neither positions are worthy of a 1st or even 2nd round pick.... DT/NT is hands down the teams highest 1st round need. Esp because a big NT helps right away, where a CB takes more than just the pre-season to be effective in the way we would need one... The smartest approach would be NT in 1st, then G or T in the 2nd... Or vice versa.. Our interior is soooo suspect, and that's why we struggle.. Reed,Peerless are decent #2's and i know Parrish is set to breakout.. Fast,hands, and can take punishment! He's our #2 IMO. But Reed & Peerless are solid slot & #4.. I dunno why a Bills fan who is diehard wnough to read a Bills message board would think a WR need outweighs the teams major weaknesses.....goodgriefOnce again Marv... I have a big #2 WR down at 5th on the priority list... WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY I'M DRAFTING HIM. The higher priorities can be addressed WITH GREATER IMPACT via free agency.

Here's how I see the priorities...
#1 Interior O-line... Round 3 and Eric Steinbach (You gonna get this kind of immediate impact via the draft?).
#2 LB... Any 2 of the following... Lance Briggs and/or Adalius Thomas and/or Cato June and/or round 2.
#3 DT... Round 4 and someone like Pat Williams (I thought he was available)... I dunno... maybe Warren Sapp.
#4 CB... Asante Samuel or round 2.
#5 WR... Round 1 or Drew Bennett.
#6 TE... Round 6 and Eric Johnson or Tony Gonzalez.
#7 QB... Round 7.

Does that help you to understand "WTF kind of blind fan would even consider WR in the 1st"??????

BTW... I'm not pro McGahee either.

jamze132
01-03-2007, 08:08 AM
Although I don't think we need to make WR a priority this offseason, I was pretty unimpressed with Prices' 8 ypc average. A really good pass catching TE would do wonders for our offense and JP's confidence.

kernowboy
01-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Once again Marv... I have a big #2 WR down at 5th on the priority list... WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY I'M DRAFTING HIM. The higher priorities can be addressed WITH GREATER IMPACT via free agency.

Here's how I see the priorities...
#1 Interior O-line... Round 3 and Eric Steinbach (You gonna get this kind of immediate impact via the draft?).
#2 LB... Any 2 of the following... Lance Briggs and/or Adalius Thomas and/or Cato June and/or round 2.
#3 DT... Round 4 and someone like Pat Williams (I thought he was available)... I dunno... maybe Warren Sapp.
#4 CB... Asante Samuel or round 2.
#5 WR... Round 1 or Drew Bennett.
#6 TE... Round 6 and Eric Johnson or Tony Gonzalez.
#7 QB... Round 7.

Does that help you to understand "WTF kind of blind fan would even consider WR in the 1st"??????

BTW... I'm not pro McGahee either.

Can understand your thinking but don't necessarily agree

Need 1 - run stuffer, youngster in the draft hopefully Okoye in R2
Need 2 - LB, to replace maybe 2 so Posluzny in R1 and Wilhelm in FA - Briggs will be tagged, June as baggage .......
Need 3 - OL, definitely a G in FA, I like the look of David Diehl ... if Doug Free falls to the R3 I think we will pick him up
Need 4 - CB, I think we'll bring in a young vet like Mike Rumph and give Youboty a shot
Need 5 - WR/TE, I don't think we'll change the receiving corps due to the money spent there .. but I can see us going to a 2 TE set so the signing of Dan Graham would be good.
Need 6 - RB/FB - depending what we do with Willis (trade) I could see us going after TJ Duckett, a long range FB option but immediately a tough runner between the tackles with sufficient speed to run the sweep
Need 7 - QB - an upgrade over Holcomb and Nall to keep JP on his toes - I wouldn't mind Pat Ramsay as a backup with starting potential

In summary:

through free agency David Diehl (starting RG), Dan Graham (TE), Matt Wilhelm (starting MLB), Mike Rumph (starting/backup RCB), TJ Duckett (RB), Pat Ramsay (backup WB)

and in the draft R1= Posluzny, R2= Okoye, R3= Free with day2 for 3 talented rookies who can come at CB/S, LB and WR

raphael120
01-03-2007, 11:32 AM
We already drafted two DT's and signed 1 DT this season, what makes you think we're going to draft high for another one? Tim Anderson should be gone, but I see another FA coming in, not a draft pick for yet another DT. We have yet to see what McCargo can bring to the table. We have more problems at the one DE spot than DT. Bunch of mediocre players switching in opposite Schobel doesnt cut it.

That being said, I think the major problem we should address is CB and LB. If we have to trade down to get more picks and draft 2 stud LB's and 1 stud CB, or trade that bum McGahee for an extra pick in the 2nd or 3rd round, go for it.

On the offense we should draft a stud either RG or RT. Pick up one of those positions in the FA. TE, I think we should develop Ceislak. The reason why our TE's are nonexistant in the passing game is because theyre always helping out our crap O-line. Fix that, we'll be able to see what we have in Ceislak. I'd like to see us pick a tall, fast, strong WR in the later rounds and we need to get a FB in here also.

mysticsoto
01-03-2007, 12:05 PM
We already drafted two DT's and signed 1 DT this season, what makes you think we're going to draft high for another one? Tim Anderson should be gone, but I see another FA coming in, not a draft pick for yet another DT. We have yet to see what McCargo can bring to the table. We have more problems at the one DE spot than DT. Bunch of mediocre players switching in opposite Schobel doesnt cut it.

That being said, I think the major problem we should address is CB and LB. If we have to trade down to get more picks and draft 2 stud LB's and 1 stud CB, or trade that bum McGahee for an extra pick in the 2nd or 3rd round, go for it.

On the offense we should draft a stud either RG or RT. Pick up one of those positions in the FA. TE, I think we should develop Ceislak. The reason why our TE's are nonexistant in the passing game is because theyre always helping out our crap O-line. Fix that, we'll be able to see what we have in Ceislak. I'd like to see us pick a tall, fast, strong WR in the later rounds and we need to get a FB in here also.

I have to disagree. Run D was the worst thing on our team this year and we need to focus on it. Tim Anderson is not fast enough to play in our style of D-line and Hargrove is great, but he's really a DE and should end up taking Kelsay's place once he's released this year instead.

I also doubt that Okoye is going to last into our 2nd rd. We'd need to take him with our 1st. There are several WRs that we can take from FA that would be very decent for us. We also just signed Wilson off of our PS and I think he will make our team this year as well. He's a great WR that catches everything thrown his way. You can't ask for more.

What we need is to get rid of Neufeld and grab another TE/FB type person to fulfill both roles - one that can catch and block...get rid of Shelton, and shore up the Oline and the offense will hold it's own pretty well.

However, until we can stop the run, we will never make the playoffs nor deserve to!!!

Saratoga Slim
01-03-2007, 12:12 PM

Hey Pat, good points for the most part. My two cents in response:

1-3. I could not agree more that we need another serious weapon on offense, whether it be at TE, WR, or maybe even RB (e.g. a Reggie Bush-type to complement McGahee). I think the easiest way to get a top talent at any of these three needs is with our 1st or maybe 2nd Round draft pick, as free agency looks thin. Royal, Price, Reed and Parrish are all "good" players, but they're all guys that defenses just cover, not game plan for. I think our offense needs another star if its going to really scare people.

4. I agree that it would be ideal to patch up RG and the NT position through free agency. I think veteran help at those positions would be preferrable than waiting till midseason for a rookie to get it going. And I truly believe that those are our two most critical needs. If we address them adequately, we can probably get by with what we have at a lot of our other positions.

5. If we don't resign Kelsey, what should we do? I am amenable to an improvement at DE, but he's not awful and I'd hate to see us regress by letting him go. I guess Denny rotating with a rookie would be allright, but I just don't see DE as a weak position for us at this point, and if Kelsey can be had for a reasonable price, I'm not opposed to it.

6. I'm not high on Jarrett after his obnoxious attitude in the Rose Bowl. that hand-the-ball-to-the-guy-you-just-beat stunt was classless. He looks like yet another prima dona wideout.

Yasgur's Farm
01-03-2007, 12:21 PM
I have to disagree. Run D was the worst thing on our team this year and we need to focus on it.I think you're right... But it should be a measured response. I firmly believe our primary problem was not the D-line but our LB's. That's why I want a stop gap like Pat Williams or Warren Sapp while our LB's (new or otherwise) come up to speed. Of course that will make Tim Anderson the odd man out.

What we need is to get rid of Neufeld and grab another TE/FB type person to fulfill both roles - one that can catch and block...get rid of Shelton, and shore up the Oline and the offense will hold it's own pretty well.I agree with you on replacing Shelton with a FB/TE slash player. I would be happy with Neufeld filling that roll. But I think Cieslak is more than capable as well. I'd still like to get afree agent TE better than Royal. In that scenario, Everett would be the odd man out.

Billsrock4life
01-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Are WRs are fine...we need some depth at CB and LB that should be the main focus point of the offseason

User Manuel
01-03-2007, 02:26 PM
I have seen mock drafts with Ginn in the mid teens and Jarrett in the 20s. I think we can get one at 12 if we want to go that route.

User Manuel
01-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey Pat, good points for the most part. My two cents in response:

1-3. I could not agree more that we need another serious weapon on offense, whether it be at TE, WR, or maybe even RB (e.g. a Reggie Bush-type to complement McGahee). I think the easiest way to get a top talent at any of these three needs is with our 1st or maybe 2nd Round draft pick, as free agency looks thin. Royal, Price, Reed and Parrish are all "good" players, but they're all guys that defenses just cover, not game plan for. I think our offense needs another star if its going to really scare people.

4. I agree that it would be ideal to patch up RG and the NT position through free agency. I think veteran help at those positions would be preferrable than waiting till midseason for a rookie to get it going. And I truly believe that those are our two most critical needs. If we address them adequately, we can probably get by with what we have at a lot of our other positions.

5. If we don't resign Kelsey, what should we do? I am amenable to an improvement at DE, but he's not awful and I'd hate to see us regress by letting him go. I guess Denny rotating with a rookie would be allright, but I just don't see DE as a weak position for us at this point, and if Kelsey can be had for a reasonable price, I'm not opposed to it.

6. I'm not high on Jarrett after his obnoxious attitude in the Rose Bowl. that hand-the-ball-to-the-guy-you-just-beat stunt was classless. He looks like yet another prima dona wideout.

I agree with you on these thoughts. I think if we are looking for an impact player WR is probably the route we should go.

I think Ginn will be there and would be a great fit. But, I think we should trade down and go after Jeff Smardzija. All I think about when I see him is Ed Mccaffery, that would be a great addition to out lineup.

There are candidates out here for both the line spots DE Jared Allen and DT Terdell Sands come to mind. If a Pat Williams, Ted Washington or the like is there it may not be a bad fit. Sapp just wouldn't work in Buffalo.

In my opinion you draft for speed and skill and sign size unless an absolute stud(ie Mario Williams, Bruce Smith, Munoz, Ferguson) is there in the draft.

MTBillsFan
01-03-2007, 04:12 PM
There's no way Jarrett lasts till 12! Detroit has the 2nd pick. We all know that Millen is trying to draft a whole team of WR's

justasportsfan
01-03-2007, 04:19 PM
/roll eyes
I agree JP needs a weapon but not another WR. He needs a FB that excells at dumpoff catches like Larry Centers was.. Or a TE who is worth a d@mn. Neither positions are worthy of a 1st or even 2nd round pick.... DT/NT is hands down the teams highest 1st round need. Esp because a big NT helps right away, where a CB takes more than just the pre-season to be effective in the way we would need one... The smartest approach would be NT in 1st, then G or T in the 2nd... Or vice versa.. Our interior is soooo suspect, and that's why we struggle.. Reed,Peerless are decent #2's and i know Parrish is set to breakout.. Fast,hands, and can take punishment! He's our #2 IMO. But Reed & Peerless are solid slot & #4.. I dunno why a Bills fan who is diehard wnough to read a Bills message board would think a WR need outweighs the teams major weaknesses.....goodgrief

Is there a NT in the draft that would be a guranteed sudden impact in his first year or would we have to wait for another 2-3 years before he develops into a probowler?:idunno:

IF there's one I say take him. If not find one in FA before Evans, JP's etc. contracts run out and end up having to find a replacement in the draft all over again and we'll be forever rebuilding.

Fewell himself said he hopes the bills add more beef to the DL next year . If I know Marv, he'll listen to his coaches and find them but not via the draft. He already did those with McArgo and Williams. My guess is , he'll fo FA.

BillsFanInMass
01-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Bring Moulds back he only signed a one year deal with texans i think.

The_Philster
01-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Bring Moulds back he only signed a one year deal with texans i think.
nope...4 years
http://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?id=71

Kerr
01-03-2007, 05:58 PM
I think this is the year Marv will have to strike gold in FA. The expectations for next year are at least the playoffs.

The_Philster
01-03-2007, 05:59 PM
I think this is the year Marv will have to strike gold in FA. The expectations for next year are at least the playoffs.
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/0/03/150px-Vince_Lombardi_Trophy.jpg