PDA

View Full Version : When I watch Eli Manning.....

Earthquake Enyart
01-02-2007, 11:30 AM
I see Joe Ferguson. :ill:

BillsNick
01-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Eli sucks

cocamide
01-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Eli sucks

Well said :nod:

OpIv37
01-02-2007, 11:50 AM
when I watch Eli Manning, I see a scared little boy who plays football because his daddy wants him to.

Earthquake Enyart
01-02-2007, 11:56 AM
C'mon, oldtimers. Back me up here.

Ferguson was quiet to a fault, hung his head when things didn't go well, but did have a lot of talent.

Yasgur's Farm
01-02-2007, 12:03 PM

Ferguson was quiet to a fault, hung his head when things didn't go well, but did have a lot of talent.I got your back.

Pinkerton Security
01-02-2007, 12:04 PM

Ferguson was quiet to a fault, hung his head when things didn't go well, but did have a lot of talent.

Im not an old-timer, but I can see that Eli has a lot of talent. However, he doesnt seem to command any respect. Like you said, he hangs his head, pouts, and seems to get much worse in adverse situations. I do not want a QB like that on my team. Good luck w/o Tiki next year, Eli, its only gonna get harder, because Brandon Jacobs may be big and strong, but hes no Tiki.

Oh and PS: Stop throwing off your back foot and step into the throw wimp.

TacklingDummy
01-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Eli should have shut his mouth and stayed with the Chargers.

Or was that Daddy Archie that opened his mouth?

Earthquake Enyart
01-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Im not an old-timer, but I can see that Eli has a lot of talent. However, he doesnt seem to command any respect. Like you said, he hangs his head, pouts, and seems to get much worse in adverse situations. I do not want a QB like that on my team. Good luck w/o Tiki next year, Eli, its only gonna get harder, because Brandon Jacobs may be big and strong, but hes no Tiki.

Oh and PS: Stop throwing off your back foot and step into the throw wimp.
This is how Fergy was. The Bills had one of the highest powered offenses in football in the early 70's.

Fergy didn't show any real guts until the Knox era, years later. It may take Eli that long.... if he ever gets it.

Michael82
01-02-2007, 12:07 PM
when I watch Eli Manning, I see a scared little boy who plays football because his daddy wants him to.
:rofl: That's what I see. I also see a kid that is nothing like his brother.

Michael82
01-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Eli should have shut his mouth and stayed with the Chargers.

Or was that Daddy Archie that opened his mouth?
That's the Eli that I keep seeing and I'm sure most of the league see. The whiny little boy who didn't get his way, so he pouted and whined to get traded to a different team before he even had any experience in the league and showed anything to anybody.

eyedog
01-02-2007, 12:10 PM

That's a good analogy. Except Ferguson had a much better arm imo.

RockStar36
01-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Peyton's little brother pretty much sucks. I wonder if he kicks himself daily for not playing for SD.

Michael82
01-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Peyton's little brother pretty much sucks. I wonder if he kicks himself daily for not playing for SD.
:snicker:

I'm sure that the Giants are kicking themselves for that big trade. They got robbed big time!

Earthquake Enyart
01-02-2007, 12:16 PM
That's a good analogy. Except Ferguson had a much better arm imo.
To me, the on the field mannerisms are uncannily the same.

There were times in the 70's where I just wanted to shake Fergy or ***** slap him, or SOMETHING!

RockStar36
01-02-2007, 12:17 PM
:snicker:

I'm sure that the Giants are kicking themselves for that big trade. They got robbed big time!

True. The Chargers really hosed them on the deal.

mchurchfie
01-02-2007, 12:19 PM

I got your back too.http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10033/144.gif

Devin
01-02-2007, 12:21 PM
When I see Eli I see vomit. Peytons sister sucks.

Michael82
01-02-2007, 12:26 PM
True. The Chargers really hosed them on the deal.
They also hosed the Falcons on the Michael Vick deal. :snicker:

Ingtar33
01-02-2007, 12:32 PM

I'll take the hit on what seems to be a bad call with Losman. but i hit the nail on the head with manning.

You're right EE, he is joe ferguson

Dr. Lecter
01-02-2007, 12:33 PM
I don't see Eli starting a playoff game on a broken ankle, only to lose the game when a #4 WR catches a long TD pass buring the secondary.

Earthquake Enyart
01-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I don't see Eli starting a playoff game on a broken ankle, only to lose the game when a #4 WR catches a long TD pass buring the secondary.
That was what, about 12 years into his career?

In his first 5-7 years, he was just like Manning.

DynaPaul
01-02-2007, 02:56 PM
The Eli Manning trade will go down in Giants history as one of the biggest draft blunders ever. He may have talent but has zero leadership.

Ebenezer
01-02-2007, 03:07 PM
I'll take the hit on what seems to be a bad call with Losman. but i hit the nail on the head with manning.

You're right EE, he is joe ferguson
From what I have seen Fergy had more talent...for many years he had crap on this team around him.

As far as on field actions...yeah, Eli and Fergy are not to different.

Night Train
01-02-2007, 03:32 PM
This is how Fergy was. The Bills had one of the highest powered offenses in football in the early 70's.

We had O.J. carrying the ball a lot in the early to mid 70's, with other talented skill players around him ( WR's Bobby Chandler, J.D. Hill, Amhad Rashad, FB Braxton ) vastly underutilized.

We never had a balanced high powered Offense until O.J & Saban were gone and Knox arrived. Then it was Ferguson, RB Joe Cribbs, WR's Frank Lewis and Jerry Butler racking up big stats and turning us into actual winners during the 1979-83 years. Here are the stats which show I remember him well, since I finished College and worked during the Knox years. I had season tickets with the family since I was a kid in the 60's.

http://www.databasefootball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=FERGUJOE01

Eli reminds me more of a Steve Deberg,Vinnie Testeverde or Jake Plummer. Good enough at times but not good enough. If he was Eli Zankowski, he would be just another guy.

I never thought Fergy was one of the elite during his tenure. A little guy ( 6 feet nothing ) with a huge arm who handed the ball off to O.J. was all he was for the first 6 years. Then he had 3-4 surprising years under Knox. Expectations for him was never that high but it's through the roof for Eli.

Fergy was indeed a major head wagger after an incomplete pass but I don't see the resemblence to Eli.

Forward_Lateral
01-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Eli is as dumb as a bag of door knobs.

OpIv37
01-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Eli is as dumb as a bag of door knobs.

so, you're saying he's smarter than Michael "Ron Mexico" Vick?

SABURZFAN
01-02-2007, 07:55 PM

he doesn't drag his chin in the turf the way fergy did though.

SABURZFAN
01-02-2007, 07:56 PM

yep. :up:

Historian
01-03-2007, 05:53 AM

I disagree.

This kid isn't fit to tie the laces on Ferguson's Ponys.

After the Niners won their first SB, Walsh said he took Montana because he reminded him of Fergy.

LtFinFan66
01-03-2007, 05:57 AM
Be real interesting to see what Eli does next year with no Tiki to hand off to

Earthquake Enyart
01-03-2007, 07:10 AM
We had O.J. carrying the ball a lot in the early to mid 70's, with other talented skill players around him ( WR's Bobby Chandler, J.D. Hill, Amhad Rashad, FB Braxton ) vastly underutilized.

We never had a balanced high powered Offense until O.J & Saban were gone and Knox arrived. Then it was Ferguson, RB Joe Cribbs, WR's Frank Lewis and Jerry Butler racking up big stats and turning us into actual winners during the 1979-83 years. Here are the stats which show I remember him well, since I finished College and worked during the Knox years. I had season tickets with the family since I was a kid in the 60's.

http://www.databasefootball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=FERGUJOE01

Eli reminds me more of a Steve Deberg,Vinnie Testeverde or Jake Plummer. Good enough at times but not good enough. If he was Eli Zankowski, he would be just another guy.

I never thought Fergy was one of the elite during his tenure. A little guy ( 6 feet nothing ) with a huge arm who handed the ball off to O.J. was all he was for the first 6 years. Then he had 3-4 surprising years under Knox. Expectations for him was never that high but it's through the roof for Eli.

Fergy was indeed a major head wagger after an incomplete pass but I don't see the resemblence to Eli.
You forget that monday night game against the Raiders when OJ got hurt. Fergy led the Bills back throwing the ball to Chandler and JD Hill. They could throw the ball back then, they just didn't have to with OJ.

You guys remember the courageous Fergy with that playoff game in SD when he was playing on one leg. You forget the early Fergy of the OJ era.

Plus Ingtar agrees with me.

Historian
01-03-2007, 07:25 AM
Fergy had a little over 900 yards as a rookie. Having Simpson to hand off to really aided his development, as he didn't have to throw much that year.

74 was a better balanced team, and by 75, we were all offense, no defense, and they allowed Fergy to throw a bit more.

76 and 77 were train wrecks, and I think he hurt his back against the Oilers in 76, which knocked him out for the year.

In 78 Knox insalled a more balanced offense, which allowed Joe to flourish.

He used to hang his head after the ints, to be sure.

But I remember him lighting some teams up...even when we stunk, probably because he had Reggie, Joe Devlin, and Joe D in front of him.

Historian
01-03-2007, 07:27 AM
Joe Devlin might be the greatest Bill O Lineman of all time.

He's certainly in my top 2 or 3.

Earthquake Enyart
01-03-2007, 07:30 AM
C'mon. You remember that Raider Monday night game, don't you? 74 or 75 or so?

Dr. Lecter
01-03-2007, 07:31 AM
I see a lot of similar treatment of Losman by fans that I remember of the way they treated Ferguson. The guy can have a 3 or 4 really good plays in a game and fans will harp on one bad play.

They also wanted Fergy gone and never recommended a viable alternative.

jamze132
01-03-2007, 07:52 AM
When I see Eli Manning, I see a guy with all the potential in the world that will never come out in New York. He can't handle the media there. he would thrive in the same situation as his older brother is in. But since he wanted to whine about having to play in SD, he deserves what he's got right now.

Historian
01-03-2007, 07:53 AM
C'mon. You remember that Raider Monday night game, don't you? 74 or 75 or so?

Opening night, 1974. I remember it, but did not see it, as it was blacked out here in WNY.

What I remember about it was that he threw two TDs after the 2 minute warning.

I guess I'm missing your point.

eyedog
01-03-2007, 08:25 AM
That was the Raiders first ever loss on Monday night football.

Night Train
01-03-2007, 09:38 AM
You forget that monday night game against the Raiders when OJ got hurt. Fergy led the Bills back throwing the ball to Chandler and JD Hill.

I didn't forget, you did. Ahmad Rashad caught both Fergy TD's in the final couple minutes, EE. We take the lead by 1. Raiders 3 and out, punt. Braxton fumbles and DE Art Toms runs it in for a 6 point Raider lead. Then Fergy hits Rashad again in the final seconds and Rich Stadium becomes unglued. I'm sitting 18 rows up at the 35 yard line, section B-9.

He still didn't have any really big years until Knox was here. You're speaking of specific games over the totals of a season. He didn't throw nearly that much during the years O.J. was here and healthy. 1979-83 were his best seasons with the so called conservative Chuck Knox here. Lewis, Butler and Cribbs caught a boatload of balls those years, much more than Chandler and Hill did a few years before.

Head hanger ? Fergy was one of the biggest, little question. I still liked the guy.

Michael82
01-03-2007, 10:01 AM
When I see Eli Manning, I see a guy with all the potential in the world that will never come out in New York. He can't handle the media there. he would thrive in the same situation as his older brother is in. But since he wanted to whine about having to play in SD, he deserves what he's got right now.
Good post. :clap: