• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Discipline!

New Team Records
    Despite the fact that the Bills had one of the younger rosters in the league, and were instituting new offensive and defensive systems Buffalo did not commit many unforced errors. In fact Buffalo didn't draw many yellow flags at all. Over the 16 game the Bills were called for the fewest penalties in team history committing just 87 infractions. The old record was 89 set in 1995. In addition the team also set the record for fewest penalty yards with 629. That was one yard better than their previous best in a 16-game season (630 in 1993).

• Romes
    • Jul 2002

Re: Discipline!

wow.

Thats a great stat. GO DJ
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

A few of those penalties however hurt us bigtime against the Titans. We pretty much shot oursleves in the foot in that game.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Jauron definitely deserves props for getting this young team to finally learn some discipline. I remember how pathetic they were when Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey were here. The players took so many bonehead penalties and had a bunch of regular ones too. This year, it was nice to see the penalties go down for a change. There were even a few games where they only had 2.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

I think it's professionalism more than "discipline".

DJ doesn't play mind games with the players and seems to treat them all like men.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Kind of flies in the face of the "refs are out to screw us" theory that floats around here after each loss.

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
              Kind of flies in the face of the "refs are out to screw us" theory that floats around here after each loss.
              It's not after "each" loss.
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

when a team has struggled as much as the Bills have lately, it's tough to be in a close game with a superior opponent then lose it on a bunch of questionable calls. There has been some horrendous officiating lately.

That being said, it's rare that the officiating actually has an outcome on the game. Of the 16 Bills games this year, I'd say the only one that might have gone differently was the opener against the Pats. There were other games where the officiating was bad (the Titans game comes to mind), but I don't think it was bad enough to have cost us a victory- we did that to ourselves.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  That being said, it's rare that the officiating actually has an outcome on the game. Of the 16 Bills games this year, I'd say the only one that might have gone differently was the opener against the Pats. There were other games where the officiating was bad (the Titans game comes to mind), but I don't think it was bad enough to have cost us a victory- we did that to ourselves.
                  AMEN!

Things happen in the NFL game that are out of the partcipant's control. Two of the biggest factors are officiating and injuries. Complaining about them does no good, the good teams just move on.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                    • Jul 2002

We get screwed on judgement calls, not penalties.

Comment

• cocamide
                      • Oct 2006

Great thread. I cannot stand to see illegal procedure and offsides penalties. We also didn't seem to get hit with the ruffing the passer crap, and I don't recall any 40 yard pass interference penalties. Hopefully this trend will carry over into next season.

Comment

• BillsNick
                        • Jul 2003

AMEN!

Things happen in the NFL game that are out of the partcipant's control. Two of the biggest factors are officiating and injuries. Complaining about them does no good, the good teams just move on.
                        That's real easy for a Pat's fan to say. You guys have had the refs on your team for the better part of a decade.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

I knew we were doing pretty well on penalties, but that's outstanding. Minimizing penalties is a key component of staying in tight games against good competition. I'm adding this to the things I like about the coaching staff.
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

Comment

Working...
                            X