PDA

View Full Version : Talk about your Ironies

patmoran2006
01-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Early this season I was patient with McGahee and ready to axe Losman's ass for a new QB at season's end.

Now I've changed my mind.. Losman is a god damn maniac and he showed a lot of heart post bye weeks.. McGahee when he's not playing the jets or a ****ty team does NOTHING..

Losman has earned the job next year. Marv is CRAZY if he gives Willis Top 10 RB money like Rosenhaus will want.

Dont rule out a change at RB trust me on this..

And as for Losman- one quick note.. The most impressive thing I seen from his this ENTIRE season was after that second horrible interception against Baltimore, he hustled his ass off and collar tied the guy down.. He coulda thrown in the towel on the play, game, season.. he didnt.

He WANTS to win badly, that much I never doubted.. But now he's showing signs that he not only has the heart-but the talent to win.

**** willis- Im done supporting him.. He aint worth the money..

JoeMama
01-02-2007, 02:21 PM
I still associate a lot of Willis McGahee's average play this season w/ the offensive line. They were soft up the middle.

I mean, when you look at this offensive from left guard to right guard, it's just not a solid run-blocking group.

Melvin Fowler was absolutely man-handled down the stretch. The last four or five games, he was blown up consistently. And he wasn't just beaten against the run either, he was mauled by guys who went on to sack JP Losman as well.

Mike Gandy & Duke Preston were a little harder to assess but I didn't get the impression they were terribly good run-blockers either. There was never any room to run up the middle.

One thing that was painfully obvious on virtually every running down this season was that McGahee was met by a wall of defenders before he even reached the line of scrimmage on -- I would guess -- 90% of his carries.

And I don't consider than an exaggeration either.

We really need to address the line this offseason in terms of run-blocking.

I was really impressed w/ their improvement in pass protection. That's a given. But the line needs to be a little more versatile.

justasportsfan
01-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Early this season I was patient with McGahee and ready to axe Losman's ass for a new QB at season's end.

Now I've changed my mind.. Losman is a god damn maniac and he showed a lot of heart post bye weeks.. McGahee when he's not playing the jets or a ****ty team does NOTHING..

Losman has earned the job next year. Marv is CRAZY if he gives Willis Top 10 RB money like Rosenhaus will want.

Dont rule out a change at RB trust me on this..

And as for Losman- one quick note.. The most impressive thing I seen from his this ENTIRE season was after that second horrible interception against Baltimore, he hustled his ass off and collar tied the guy down.. He coulda thrown in the towel on the play, game, season.. he didnt.

He WANTS to win badly, that much I never doubted.. But now he's showing signs that he not only has the heart-but the talent to win.

**** willis- Im done supporting him.. He aint worth the money..:up:

I however was patient with both of them since they both shared the same OL and now feel we need to upgrade our running game.

I loved JP's post game pressconference when he said pretty much the next season starts now. This guy is ready to get to work .

BillsFever21
01-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Willis doesn't have the heart. There are many better RB's. At the same price or a cheaper contract I'd keep Willis. This isn't the case and that's why if a good one is available in the draft this year we take him.

Willis will be good next year because it's his contract year. Don't be fooled by it though. Once he gets his money he will fall back into the player he is now who only cares about himself.

Losman on the other hand has more heart in one finger then most players do throughout their entire body. Losman is gonna be a star. Not just because of his physical abilities but because of his heart, determination and his desire to win. This is a guy like Tom Brady who will never be satisfied with just being average.

When it's all said and done Losman will be no worse then the 2nd best QB out of his draft. Rivers may be better but I'm not even sure about that. Losman is clearly better then Manning and Big Ben. Losman also has more heart and the desire to be the best.

We struck gold with him and good thing Jauron wasn't as stupid in this situation as Mularkey was and listen to the crybaby fans who wanted him benched after Week 7 and draft his replacement next year.

DynaPaul
01-02-2007, 02:41 PM
Sure, some of our problems in the running game were associated with the OL. There's no doubt about that. But watching McGahee all year I felt that effort was lacking. He frequently went down easily and usually after the first contact. He danced in the backfield and didn't hit the holes with conviction. He was also often run down from behind by defenders showing no real break away speed. When holes opened up where he could have gotten 4 - 5 had he hit it hard McGahee could only come up with 1 - 2 yards. The guy played 14 games and couldn't even get 1000 yards. That's just sad. He also ran his mouth about how great he was and showed none of it. Sorry but the "great ones" find a way to MAKE yards and don't conveniently point the figure at the playcalling or OL.

Thurman Thomas he is not and I think Marv and Ralph would be crazy to give this guy serious bank. Sorry Willis but RB's do grow on trees.

Oh yeah, and before I forget, we were forced to go to the passing game in the Baltimore game because Willis wasn't doing jack. The passing game was the only thing that was working on offense.

JoeMama
01-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Sure, some of our problems in the running game were associated with the OL. There's no doubt about that. But watching McGahee all year I felt that effort was lacking. He frequently went down easily and usually after the first contact. He danced in the backfield and didn't hit the holes with conviction. He was also often run down from behind by defenders showing no real break away speed. When holes opened up where he could have gotten 4 - 5 had he hit it hard McGahee could only come up with 1 - 2 yards. The guy played 14 games and couldn't even get 1000 yards. That's just sad. He also ran his mouth about how great he was and showed none of it. Sorry but the "great ones" find a way to MAKE yards and don't conveniently point the figure at the playcalling or OL.

Thurman Thomas he is not and I think Marv and Ralph would be crazy to give this guy serious bank. Sorry Willis but RB's do grow on trees.

Oh yeah, and before I forget, we were forced to go to the passing game in the Baltimore game because Willis wasn't doing jack. The passing game was the only thing that was working on offense.

True -- & that's why it's difficult to defend McGahee w/ any sense of passion.

He dances a lot. He doesn't always hit the holes w/ conviction (on the rare occassion they open up). He doesn't always play w/ the authority you expect from him. And sometimes he seems more amped to play former UM guys than other opponets.

But when he comes to play, he's a different runningback. Which probably makes it even more frustrating that the production wasn't there this season.

And the thing is, I was in Travis Henry's corner back when the runningback debate unfolded. So it's not like I'm a McGahee true-believer.

Yasgur's Farm
01-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Bad O-line for sure... But Willis proved his colors by not adjusting to the conditions. With a bad O-line, a RB needs to hit the hole fast and hard like Travis Henry. Willis is constantly searching for the "glory hole" and ends up losing yardage.

Hit the hole hard and fast and gain 2 yards... Dance around and lose a yard... That's a 3 yard per carry diff.

Yasgur's Farm
01-02-2007, 03:52 PM
BTW... Thanks pat for reversing your field... There's much respect in that.

kernowboy
01-02-2007, 04:17 PM
2.8yds per carry

We need to trade him now and get some value. I'd like to have a look at TJ Duckett who could platoon with A-Train to provide a hard running team.

If Willis turns into an extra Day1 pick in the 2008 draft this could allow us to move up for Steve Slaton if neither A-Train or Duckett work out. If Duckett improves his blocking he could be a Mike Alstott for us

Tatonka
01-02-2007, 04:45 PM
honestly, i would take Turner, the back up running back in san diego, over willis at this point.

willis is so ordinary to me. the only impressive thing about willis is his stiff arm.. which he only used a few times this season.

i wont be upset if he stays another year.. but he is not the long term answer in buffalo..

willis mcgahee is nothing more than antwain smith with a miami attitude.

TigerJ
01-02-2007, 05:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised with a change at RB. I am more willing to give McGahee a pass than some are because the Bills have had to face so many of the leagues top defensive teams, but I'm not willing to pay what Rosenhaus is going to ask for.

justasportsfan
01-02-2007, 05:18 PM
honestly, i would take Turner, the back up running back in san diego, over willis at this point.

MAybe AJ might cut Marv a deal .