PDA

View Full Version : Saban/Dolphins agree to 10am Wednesday deadline

Coach Sal
01-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Huizenga met with the media and Wayne told everyone that Saban gave him reasons for wanting to wait until tomorrow morning to decide whether or not to take the Bama job.

Reportedly, Bama upped the offer and the deal is outrageous by college standards.

Huizenga said he understands those reasons and they will meet again tomorrow morning at 10am!

Here's MY GUESS......Saban's wife doesn't want to leave Miami for Alabama. He wants to go and they need to "talk it over."
Again, that's my speculation.

There have been reports that Saban doesn't like the "big city" life. Not necessarily the city of Miami - just any big city.

Michael82
01-02-2007, 04:23 PM
I think Saban realizes that his players in the NFL don't put up with the same stuff they do in college. They don't respect him and he could get paid a ton of money to leave the league. It's a no brainer in my mind, but his wife is the one who most likely wants to stay down in Florida. Good call, Sal. :up:

justasportsfan
01-02-2007, 04:27 PM
haha! First he says he was staying , now he wants to think about it?

Mitchy moo
01-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Um, Saban is leaving for Alabama. Offer is too good.

Coach Sal
01-02-2007, 04:59 PM
I've seen several "rumors" that he has accepted the job.

He has not!

10am Wednesday deadline. It's going to be up to his wife, I believe.

justasportsfan
01-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Here's MY GUESS......Saban's wife doesn't want to leave Miami for Alabama. He wants to go and they need to "talk it over."

IF Kobe's wife can forgive him for cheating on her by buying a $2,000,000 ring. I'm sure Saban can find a way. If his wife loves Miami so much , he can hire a bunch of illegal hispanics to live with them insome remote swamp in Alabama.

TigerJ
01-02-2007, 05:04 PM
For the $$$$ Alabama is offering him, she can stay in a high rise in Miami, and he can fly home in a private jet or helicopter (his choice) after practice at night. Heck, he can buy her the high rise, and make it a beach front hotel.

!Papacrunk!
01-02-2007, 06:13 PM
THe thing that makes me uneasy, is that he told his LSU players that he wasn't going to go anywhere, then less than a week later, he was the Dolphins head coach. If he goes, he can take Mularkey with him, lol.

The_Philster
01-02-2007, 06:15 PM
THe thing that makes me uneasy, is that he told his LSU players that he wasn't going to go anywhere, then less than a week later, he was the Dolphins head coach. If he goes, he can take Mularkey with him, lol.
actually, we're hoping Mularkey replaces him as head coach of the Fish :snicker2:

G. Host
01-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Huizenga met with the media and Wayne told everyone that Saban gave him reasons for wanting to wait until tomorrow morning to decide whether or not to take the Bama job.

Reportedly, Bama upped the offer and the deal is outrageous by college standards.

Huizenga said he understands those reasons and they will meet again tomorrow morning at 10am!

There have been reports that Saban doesn't like the "big city" life. Not necessarily the city of Miami - just any big city.

Move Miami Dolphins to Alabama and problem will be saved.
Not only will they keep the head coach but they will reduce the number of "incidents" caused by the party scene of Miami.

HHURRICANE
01-02-2007, 07:12 PM
actually, we're hoping Mularkey replaces him as head coach of the Fish :snicker2:

OMG. If Mularkey is named Head Coach I might crap myself with joy!! That's 2 guaranteed wins for us!!

Historian
01-03-2007, 08:08 AM
He should split the difference and take the University of Florida.

:snicker:

How is this even an issue?

With the money these guys make, he can own a mansion in every big city in the south.