• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Micheal Turner

Is a RFA and the best free agent back in the offseason. He's under 25 and he's shown productive numbers in all his years as a backup for San Diego. He'd likely be more productive as a starter than a rookie back at this point in time. Some say it's because of LT that he has success. I don't know, but the has a knack of getting over 5 yards a carry. He's been refered to as a workhorse running back with the moniker, "The Burner". How much would you give up for him if Willis is given the boot?
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Micheal Turner

Up to a third-rounder.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

The guy's 5-11, 237 and has incredible speed. Where do I sign up?

Comment

• camelcowboy
        • Mar 2005

HE'll get the first round tender, 1.25 to insure your team has a quality back up

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

If we don't have to give up the world for him, hell yeah.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Another backup banking on his "potential". Just because he looks good in garbage time backing up Tomlinson doesn't mean he's any good.

For every Priest Holmes there are a thousand Derrick Blaylocks and Chester Taylors.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              For every Priest Holmes there are a thousand Derrick Blaylocks and Chester Taylors.
              Not for nothing, but Chester Taylor busted out this year when he got his opportunity, to the tune of 1200 yards and 40+ receptions. That isn't anything to sneeze at.

Also, Turner doesn't just play in garbage time, he rotates in during games to give LT a breather all the time, and has been consistently productive over 3 years. Granted, SD will tender him high and will ask a high pick for him, but there is little doubt he will be the feature back for some team in the next couple years.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Maybe Houston will be interested since they missed out on Reggie Bush.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

Turner is mainly a north south runner. He's not going to be real elusive in traffic, but let him get a head of steam and look out.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

i would trade willis for a 2nd rounder and offer that for turner in a heartbeat.. seriously.

i watch almost all of san diegos games, because i pull for rivers.. i have liked that kid since college.. and turner is real.. he is not a garbage time back.. he just happens to play behind the best back in football.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

In a NY minute.

Comment

ok ... another option that will be free - no draft picks involved.

TJ Duckett, Washington Redskins, a UFA, 6ft 254lbs, 25 years old

Traded by the Falcons in the last year of his contract as insurance in case Portis and Betts didn't recover from injury. They did. Signed late so not up to speed with the system. Part of the Ashley Lelie trade - a 3rd rounder I think

2nd highest ever rusher for the Spartans. Was the muscle in the Falcons DVD attack.

In 4 years as a part time runner with the Falcons he 544 yds per season, at an average of 3.95 yds per carry (often up against the run defence) and scored almost 8 TDs per season. His longest run was 55yds

This is what tsn.ca say:

Big, powerful inside runner with surprising quickness and nimbleness. Runs low, keeps his legs churning and delivers a blow to the tackler. Can cutback and will sometimes explode when he hits the hole. Has enough speed to run the sweep. Is improving as a blocker and receiver

Why give up draft picks when we don't need to?

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

I've been mentioning him every time when FA's have been discussed.

Throw a good offer his way and San Diego will not match it. He's a good gamble,for sure.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
                            I've been mentioning him every time when FA's have been discussed.

Throw a good offer his way and San Diego will not match it. He's a good gamble,for sure.
                            However, they will tender him at at least a 1st-round level, and possibly a 1st and 3rd. He is a valuable player as a backup to them, and they will want to protect that value. They aren't going to let him go without compensation.

My guess is they would ask for a first round pick, or a combination of picks that equal first round value. They think very highly of him, and realize he is a valuable asset in case LT were to be injured.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by NE39
                              However, they will tender him at at least a 1st-round level, and possibly a 1st and 3rd. He is a valuable player as a backup to them, and they will want to protect that value. They aren't going to let him go without compensation.

My guess is they would ask for a first round pick, or a combination of picks that equal first round value. They think very highly of him, and realize he is a valuable asset in case LT were to be injured.
                              Well stated.

It will be interesting to see how willing they are to protect him from leaving.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X