• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

*Sigh....

So, let's look at this objectively. No one except the usual cadre of homers blinded by their own fanaticism actually thought the Bills were going to the playoffs this year. We were in every game except two, and although this team still has some holes, we have a good group of young players who played well over the second half of the season. And we improved over 2005 by two wins. That's what most of us were hoping for, so the word "disappointment" isn't really appropriate.

But perhaps the word "frustration" is. Seven straight years- no playoffs. We lost to 3 playoff teams by a combined 5 points (NE, Indy, SD) and beat ourselves with stupid mistakes in a few early games (NE, Jets). I don't completely blame Levy and Jauron- in fact, they probably couldn't have done much better given the train wreck that TD and Mularkey created. Yet, it's the most exciting time of the football season and we're not in it. And now we have to wait another 9 months before we get to take another crack at it.

*sigh...well, there's always next year. If NE loses, maybe it won't seem so bad.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: *Sigh....

Outstanding Op.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
      So, let's look at this objectively. No one except the usual cadre of homers blinded by their own fanaticism actually thought the Bills were going to the playoffs this year. We were in every game except two, and although this team still has some holes, we have a good group of young players who played well over the second half of the season. And we improved over 2005 by two wins. That's what most of us were hoping for, so the word "disappointment" isn't really appropriate.

But perhaps the word "frustration" is. Seven straight years- no playoffs. We lost to 3 playoff teams by a combined 5 points (NE, Indy, SD) and beat ourselves with stupid mistakes in a few early games (NE, Jets). I don't completely blame Levy and Jauron- in fact, they probably couldn't have done much better given the train wreck that TD and Mularkey created. Yet, it's the most exciting time of the football season and we're not in it. And now we have to wait another 9 months before we get to take another crack at it.

*sigh...well, there's always next year. If NE loses, maybe it won't seem so bad.
      I hear ya bro. Not only is it 7 years without a playoff game, it's 11 without a playoff win. Truly depressing.

But, as you mentioned, as long as the f***ing patsies lose, there is some justice in the world.

Comment

• John Doe
        Florida Man
        • Jul 2002

So, let's look at this objectively. No one except the usual cadre of homers blinded by their own fanaticism actually thought the Bills were going to the playoffs this year. We were in every game except two, and although this team still has some holes, we have a good group of young players who played well over the second half of the season.
        Let's look at this objectively. Everyone except the usual cadre of sourpusses blinded by their own morbid defeatist outlook actually thought that the Bills would be competitive this year.
        Last edited by John Doe; 01-02-2007, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by John Doe
          Let's look at this objectively. Everyone except the usual cadre of sourpusses blinded by their own morbid defeatist outlook actually thought that the Bills would be competitive this year.
          did you even read the post you quoted before using words like "sourpusses", "morbid" and "defeatist"?
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

did you even read the post you quoted before using words like "sourpusses", "morbid" and "defeatist"?
            I was more impressed with 'cadre', personally.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• John Doe
              Florida Man
              • Jul 2002

As a matter of fact, I did.

Feel free to "groan" at me again. I don't mind.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by John Doe
                As a matter of fact, I did.

Feel free to "groan" at me again. I don't mind.
                Once again, you responded to your preconceived notion of me instead of what I actually posted. I'd expect better reading comprehension skills out of someone who likes to show off their vocabulary so often.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• cocamide
                  • Oct 2006

Nice post. We better be there next year; if we don't make the playoffs it will be a huge disappointment. No more of this "well at least we were close this year" and we can't keep saying "well, we almost beat some good teams." Next year we will beat the good teams and we will be in the playoffs.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

NE will fall on their faces.

This will be a Baltimore v Saints Super Bowl.
                    or Baltimore v Philly.

btw, nice post, Op.
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

Baltimore-Chicago.

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Chicago with who as QB?
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

J E T S JETS JETS JETS....

That being said... I lost a lot of passion for pro ball this year. There is only so much heat one can take living in Boston, when the home team just continues to dominate and we continue to flounder... I found myself becoming less upset with the losses and focusing more attention towards college ball. Im not quitting on the team by any means but I find myself getting up off the couch to be productive a lot more on Sundays.
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                            J E T S JETS JETS JETS....

That being said... I lost a lot of passion for pro ball this year. There is only so much heat one can take living in Boston, when the home team just continues to dominate and we continue to flounder... I found myself becoming less upset with the losses and focusing more attention towards college ball. Im not quitting on the team by any means but I find myself getting up off the couch to be productive a lot more on Sundays.
                            the only good thing about the off-season is it's like getting an extra day added to my week.

Of course, this year was much easier for me- the local team was the 2nd biggest disappointment in the NFL this year (behind Miami).
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
                              Without me it's just Awe so
                              • Jun 2004

the only good thing about the off-season is it's like getting an extra day added to my week.

Of course, this year was much easier for me- the local team was the 2nd biggest disappointment in the NFL this year (behind Miami).
                              You get bored arguing with Pats fans especially since Brady and Bruschi are both God.
                              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                              It was all
                              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                              X