PDA

View Full Version : Official - Saban To Alabama

Night Train
01-03-2007, 09:44 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-spsaban03jan03,0,5575508.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

Bring on Mularkey !

Night Train
01-03-2007, 09:45 AM
He even blew off the meeting with the owner.

LOL !

Historian
01-03-2007, 09:48 AM
:rofl:

Coach Sal
01-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Report: Dolphins organization in disarray. Saban was the MONARCH their! Everything was done HIS WAY! Now, there is no leader to guide their future. Randy Mueller is the GM, but Saban ran things. Everything has to be torn down and started from scratch.

I love hating the Dolphins today!

TacklingDummy
01-03-2007, 09:49 AM
The Bills record against Miami when Williams was Head Coach was 2-4. Under Saban it was 3-1. I wish Saban stayed.

kgun12
I pissed! I really like the job he was doing for the dolphins! :dance:

justasportsfan
he screwed the fins bigtime. He left LSU for $$$ and now he left the fins for more $$$ while leavin the fins in disarray. I hope he busts in Bama. He's a quitter , couldn't hack it in the NFL.

Cntrygal
Promote Mularkey!!!!

TacklingDummy
01-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Maybe they can hire Dan Marino again to run everything. :evil:

Static
01-03-2007, 09:50 AM
So long Saban, thanks for nothing.

justasportsfan
01-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Anyone see FTP? :roflmao:

Forward_Lateral
01-03-2007, 09:53 AM
What a coward Saban is. :snicker:

alohabillsfan
01-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Denny Green and Mora jr., or best of all Moolarkey!

Static
01-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Well atleast the offseason will be more interesting now :snicker:

justasportsfan
01-03-2007, 09:56 AM
What a coward Saban is. :snicker:
to think some people wanted him here. The Jauron hire is starting to look genius now.

streetkings01
01-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Wow who would have thought that Mularkey would have rubbed off on Saban
:bandwagon

TacklingDummy
01-03-2007, 09:58 AM
to think some people wanted him here. The Jauron hire is starting to look genius now.

Dick will be fired next year when the Bills go 5-11/6-10 to make room for Bill Cowher.

cocamide
01-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Wow, this is wonderful news to wake up to. I bet Vinny Testaverde becomes their offensive coordinator, head coach and starting QB. Way to go Phins!

MikeInRoch
01-03-2007, 10:04 AM
BUAHAHAHAHA!

jmb1099
01-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Anyone see FTP? :roflmao:
somewhere committing suicide. He was adament that Saban was never going to leave

casdhf
01-03-2007, 10:11 AM
I would have taken the 40 mill from Bama too, or whatever rediculous amount it was.

Static
01-03-2007, 10:13 AM
I would have taken the 40 mill from Bama too, or whatever rediculous amount it was.

he had a 5 year 22.5 million with the phins, so it is not that much more even if that. He is just a quitter.

L.A. Playa
01-03-2007, 10:14 AM
If I could double my salary and have a contarct for a longer term, I would leave too

Michael82
01-03-2007, 10:15 AM
:lmao: :roflmao: :laughing:

It looks like he learned something from Mike Mularkey afterall, HOW TO QUIT! :rofl: :rofl:

jmb1099
The way this whole thing has come down will leave a bad taste in fin fans mouths for a long time.

Dr. Lecter
The Bills record against Miami when Williams was Head Coach was 2-4. Under Saban it was 3-1. I wish Saban stayed.

As a starter, JP is 2-1 against the Fishies!

jmb1099
01-03-2007, 10:16 AM
They must all be suicidal over at finheaven, can't even get on the site its so plugged up.

Static
If I could double my salary and have a contarct for a longer term, I would leave too

He did get a longer contract but his salary is basicly the same.

Michael82
Report: Dolphins organization in disarray. Saban was the MONARCH their! Everything was done HIS WAY! Now, there is no leader to guide their future. Randy Mueller is the GM, but Saban ran things. Everything has to be torn down and started from scratch.

I love hating the Dolphins today!
That's the big key right there. They brought Nick Saban in to do everything. Saban changed tons of team rules and was the one with all the power. He made the decisions. I think they need a new GM now and some more help. It's great watching this. I see Jason Taylor retiring now too. That would make this even better. :snicker: But still not as great as Mike Mularkey being the next head coach. :rofl:

Dr. Lecter
01-03-2007, 10:17 AM

He knew the type of offer he was getting a week ago and said he would not leave. He also a signed contract.

Money is not everything and is not worth not being a man of your word.

Dr. Lecter
:posrep: for everybody in this thread!

Michael82
The way this whole thing has come down will leave a bad taste in fin fans mouths for a long time.
oh yeah, especially because it took a lot to convince him to leave LSU and everyone thought he would be the next Bill Belichick. :rofl: Guess not!

jmb1099
01-03-2007, 10:18 AM
I can't wait to see how ftp tries to spin this as a positive and how he never really supported Saban

RedEyE
01-03-2007, 10:19 AM
More then likely Capers will get the position.. Since things were ran the "Saban" way, they will more then likely look to promote from within. And I don't think that discludes Mularkey.

Ironically, this actually, kind-of-sort-of, reminds me of Mularkey leaving. The p.o.s. bolted and gave his notice on the phone on his way out of Buffalo. At the time the media thought that this put the Bills a step backward, but in reality the fans were screaming "Yes!", knowing damn well that Mularkey screwed things up worse then ever before.... or at the very least didn't make them any better.

I see Saban in the same light. He took the cowards way out knowing that he was failing in Miami, and to be quite honest, had this guy remained in the NFL, he more then likely would have been fired in a year anyway.

jmb1099
01-03-2007, 10:20 AM
oh yeah, especially because it took a lot to convince him to leave LSU and everyone thought he would be the next Bill Belichick. :rofl: Guess not!
Yup. He was the next great NFL coach of our time, he would crush the Bills for years Blah blah, blah
Fins will be a mess for years.

DolfanTom
01-03-2007, 10:20 AM
He even blew off the meeting with the owner.

LOL !It's apparent - despite our proffessed love for Saban the past two years - that he is just a complete loser.

As it turns out, we're probably better off w/out him. I wanted him to stay, but if he is going to be like this, then he obviously wasn't what we Dolphin fans thought he was.

Moolarky won't be our coach, though!! I may start rooting for the Bills if he was. :fit:

Night Train
01-03-2007, 10:21 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2718488

Obviously not a man of his word.

jmb1099
01-03-2007, 10:21 AM
And ftp is viewing the thread get ready for the funniest crap to hit the zone since feely was let go

Michael82
01-03-2007, 10:22 AM
More then likely Capers will get the position.. Since things were ran the "Saban" way, they will more then likely look to promote from within. And I don't think that discludes Mularkey.

Ironically, this actually, kind-of-sort-of, reminds me of Mularkey leaving. The p.o.s. bolted and gave his notice on the phone on his way out of Buffalo. At the time the media thought that this put the Bills a step backward, but in reality the fans were screaming "Yes!", knowing damn well that Mularkey screwed things up worse then ever before.... or at the very least didn't make them any better.

I see Saban in the same light. He took the cowards way out knowing that he was failing in Miami, and to be quite honest had this guy remained in the NFL, he more then likely would have been fired in a year anyway.
Capers sucked in Houston. Bring him on. :up:

DolfanTom
01-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Fins will be a mess for years.Things are a mess, but not necesarily for years. I thought the same about you guys before the season started. In today's NFL, things CAN turn around fast. All depends on who we hire now.

RedEyE
01-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Capers sucked in Houston. Bring him on. :up:

Bring back the comb-over!!

Dr. Lecter
01-03-2007, 10:24 AM
They're orange, they're teal, they make each other squeal!

They're aqua, they're coral, they give each other oral!

justasportsfan
01-03-2007, 10:24 AM
As it turns out, we're probably better off w/out him. I wanted him to stay, but if he is going to be like this, then he obviously wasn't what we Dolphin fans thought he was.

Moolarky won't be our coach, though!! I may start rooting for the Bills if he was. :fit: this is what scares me. Anytime you have a coach in the AFCE who hires Mularkey to handle the O, it's only good news for the rest of the teams.

I hope Wayne doesn't throw $$$ to Parcells face but instead hires from within and promotes someone who happens to be a Ft. Lauderdale local. :D
It's fun to laugh at the fins now but it could back and bite us if Wayne hires a REAL NFL coach .

RedEyE
01-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Jim Mora has already been mentioned a candidate.

TacklingDummy
01-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Bill Cowher has a history of working with Mularkey. Maybe the fins will hire him.

Night Train
01-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Things are a mess, but not necesarily for years. I thought the same about you guys before the season started. In today's NFL, things CAN turn around fast. All depends on who we hire now.

Denny Green was just spotted at Miami Airport with a " Can Coach " sign, next to the limo drivers.

Gunzlingr
01-03-2007, 10:28 AM
ftp is a stand up guy just like his heroes Nick Saban and Ricky Williams.

Static

No loyalty problems there :snicker:

Gunzlingr

Michael82
01-03-2007, 10:29 AM
yeah, doesn't scare me. He sucked and he said that he is waiting for the University of Washington to open up. That's where his heart is.

RockStar36
01-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Bill Cowher has a history of working with Mularkey. Maybe the fins will hire him.

There is no way Bill Cowher leaves Pittsburgh after 15+ years to go coach Miami just so he can have Mularkey as a coordinator.

Personally, I hope Mularkey gets promoted to coach.

jmb1099
Denny Green was just spotted at Miami Airport with a " Can Coach " sign, next to the limo drivers.
OMG !
LOL!

Michael82
No loyalty problems there :snicker:
EXACTLY! That would be the same kind of hire as Saban. :rofl:

Gunzlingr
01-03-2007, 10:31 AM

I believe he has to sit out a year if he retires from the Steelers.

justasportsfan
01-03-2007, 10:32 AM

I guess Miami isn't such a paradise after all when someone bolts So. Fla. to move to redneck/trailertrash central.

If I had to guess, Saban got tired of all the "Se Habla espanol" signs and opted for "purty words"

TacklingDummy
01-03-2007, 10:32 AM
There is no way Bill Cowher leaves Pittsburgh after 15+ years to go coach Miami just so he can have Mularkey as a coordinator.

Cowher is as good as gone. There's no way Pitts. is going to give him the money he wants. I doubt he coaches next year though. Unless Miami was stupid enough to send Pittsburgh some draft picks to obtain Cowher.

RockStar36
01-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Cowher is as good as gone. I doubt he coaches next year though. Unless Miami was stupid enough to send Pittsburgh some draft picks to obtain Cowher.

I still don't see it happening. Cowher is to loyal to the Steelers. If he leaves I'm thinking he retires, possibly for good.

Michael82
01-03-2007, 10:34 AM
:lmao: The Dolphins owner basically sucked off all the media and tried to repair the relationship by saying that he values their opinions. He asked the media for suggestions! :rofl: :rofl:

DolfanTom
01-03-2007, 10:35 AM
this is what scares me. Anytime you have a coach in the AFCE who hires Mularkey to handle the O, it's only good news for the rest of the teams.

I hope Wayne doesn't throw $$$ to Parcells face but instead hires from within and promotes someone who happens to be a Ft. Lauderdale local. :D
It's fun to laugh at the fins now but it could back and bite us if Wayne hires a REAL NFL coach .My choices would be in this order:

-Mike Shula: Yep, another Shula. Dude can coach, unlike his brother Dave, but will need help w/ personel (much like his father needed late in his career, but didn't get). Needs a solid GM to help out (perhaps Mueller who we have). At least we'll know he won't leave us after a couple years if he succeeds.

-Kirk Farentz: Sure, he's another college coach, but one who admittedly LOVEs the NFL and is dying for the opportunity.

-Jim Mora, Jr.: I'm sold this guy can coach, and that Vick ruined him. I think he's got a real bad taste in his mouth now too, and will want to prove himself again. The Washington thing scares me, though - I hope he really was joking

-Dom Capers: Had some early success w/ his Carolina teams. He's no dummy, and would offer up some stability for us. Needs GM help, though!!

-Me: I would be awesome!!!!

Jayhawk
01-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Barry Switzer :D

TacklingDummy
01-03-2007, 10:38 AM
I still don't see it happening. Cowher is to loyal to the Steelers. If he leaves I'm thinking he retires, possibly for good.

Nowadays...

Are players loyal to a team?
Are coaches loyal to a team?
Are Owners loyal to a player?

I'd have to say no.

But one thing they are all loyal to is money.

RockStar36
01-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Nowadays...

Are players loyal to a team?
Are coaches loyal to a team?
Are Owners loyal to a player?

I'd have to say no.

But one thing they are all loyal to is money.

That's a very good point and I know exactly what you mean, but I still think Cowher is different. He just doesn't strike me as the type to pick up and randomly move.

That being said, I think I'm pushing the idea out of my head because I would really hate having Cowher coach in the division.

djjimkelly
LOL THE CAPTAIN WONT GO DOWN WITH HIS SHIP

justasportsfan
My choices would be in this order:

-Mike Shula: Yep, another Shula. Dude can coach, unlike his brother Dave, but will need help w/ personel (much like his father needed late in his career, but didn't get). Needs a solid GM to help out (perhaps Mueller who we have). At least we'll know he won't leave us after a couple years if he succeeds.

-Kirk Farentz: Sure, he's another college coach, but one who admittedly LOVEs the NFL and is dying for the opportunity.

-Jim Mora, Jr.: I'm sold this guy can coach, and that Vick ruined him. I think he's got a real bad taste in his mouth now too, and will want to prove himself again. The Washington thing scares me, though - I hope he really was joking

-Dom Capers: Had some early success w/ his Carolina teams. He's no dummy, and would offer up some stability for us. Needs GM help, though!!

-Me: I would be awesome!!!! I hope they hire Shula. Free steaks.

Why would Wayne hire someone who just got fired from Bama ?

Night Train
01-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Larry Coker and Bernie Kosar are interested, I'm sure.

Michael82
01-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Larry Coker and Bernie Kosar are interested, I'm sure.
Larry Coker would be good. :up:

justasportsfan
01-03-2007, 10:43 AM
I think finfans should apologize to Wanny.Saban just made Wanny look like a genius.

jmb1099
01-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Owner said its not about the money as far as Saban's concerned...is Miami really that bad a place?
Espn also mentioned that Saban at the very least didn't improve the Dolphins, but more than likely left the fins in worse shape than when he arrived because of the cap space, draft, pics, aging defense, and qb situation. Ouch

Michael82
01-03-2007, 10:46 AM
I think finfans should apologize to Wanny.Saban just made Wanny look like a genius.
Wanny would be a good choice too. He did a great job with that team. :snicker:

Michael82
Owner said its not about the money as far as Saban's concerned...is Miami really that bad a place?
Espn also mentioned that Saban at the very least didn't improve the Dolphins, but more than likely left the fins in worse shape than when he arrived because of the cap space, draft, pics, aging defense, and qb situation. Ouch
If it wasn't about money, why the hell didn't Wayne give his coach a raise? It would have kept him most likely.

justasportsfan

True! True!

Na, the guy is a Nazzi. His ways of degrading players couldn't work in the NFL so he quit.

They guy couldn't even quit face to face. He abandoned his asst. coaches via speaker phone. What a douche. Can't wait to hear MArinos opinions fo Saban.

Romes
01-03-2007, 10:47 AM
dolphins = :flush:

I love it!

jmb1099
01-03-2007, 10:50 AM
If it wasn't about money, why the hell didn't Wayne give his coach a raise? It would have kept him most likely.
My guess, and its only that, is that Saban knew he had something like 30 or so free agents, a huge qb issue, had given up draft pics for qb's that currently take a back seat to Cleo Lemon, and a college program that was waving decent money at him with a program that is fairly established.

justasportsfan
01-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Well I see FTP lurking. My Beeyotch has me on ignore. Someone ask him to say something :snicker:

jmb1099
01-03-2007, 10:51 AM
True! True!

Na, the guy is a Nazzi. His ways of degrading players couldn't work in the NFL so he quit.

They guy couldn't even quit face to face. He abandoned his asst. coaches via speaker phone. What a douche. Can't wait to hear MArinos opinions fo Saban.
The way he left was classless.

RockStar36
01-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, I think I've seen stories where Ferentz has turned down going to the NFL several different times. If that is true I wouldn't exactly say he is "dying" to go to the NFL.

I'm not even sure they would hire Mora, Jr either. He just basically said that (whether he was joking or not) that he wanted to be in college. I read what he said and it didn't sound like a joke to me. I have a hard time believing that Wayne will hire him after seeing Saban bolt for college on him.

Night Train
01-03-2007, 10:53 AM
My guess, and its only that, is that Saban knew he had something like 30 or so free agents, a huge qb issue, had given up draft pics for qb's that currently take a back seat to Cleo Lemon, and a college program that was waving decent money at him with a program that is fairly established.

Most of that was his doing. 15-17 and done.

Several months back, many in the media already had him enshrined in Canton. Sickening hype that blew up all over them. :yap:

justasportsfan
01-03-2007, 10:55 AM
The way he left was classless.
He screwed the franchise up, screwed his asst. coaches, screwed the fans and get's rewarded with more $$$. Ahhh justice.
If you think about it, maybe all the empty seats in Miami helped make his decision. You know Bama is gonna be packed.

DolfanTom
01-03-2007, 10:57 AM
I hope they hire Shula. Free steaks.

Why would Wayne hire someone who just got fired from Bama ?Bama is nuts. As Papa Shula said on ESPN, "they need to evaulate the evaluator" down there. One bad season - a season after they gave shula contract extension (showing faith in him), they can him.

Harsh people they are. You would think people so prone to inbreeding would think of their coaches more like family ....

I like Shula. He was a good QB coach for us before, and he's learned from the best. Probably quite the long shot, though.

DolfanTom
01-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, I think I've seen stories where Ferentz has turned down going to the NFL several different times. If that is true I wouldn't exactly say he is "dying" to go to the NFL.

I'm not even sure they would hire Mora, Jr either. He just basically said that (whether he was joking or not) that he wanted to be in college. I read what he said and it didn't sound like a joke to me. I have a hard time believing that Wayne will hire him after seeing Saban bolt for college on him.According to John Clayton yesterday on ESPN radio, Ferentz "loves the NFL" and wants to coach there badly.

I agree on Mora not sounding like a joke. but that said, I like him.

justasportsfan
01-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Bama is nuts. As Papa Shula said on ESPN, "they need to evaulate the evaluator" down there. One bad season - a season after they gave shula contract extension (showing faith in him), they can him.

Harsh people they are. You would think people so prone to inbreeding would think of their coaches more like family ....

I like Shula. He was a good QB coach for us before, and he's learned from the best. Probably quite the long shot, though.

I dislike the fish but like the owner Wayne. I doubt Shula has what it takes to make it in the NFL.

Night Train
01-03-2007, 11:03 AM
According to John Clayton yesterday on ESPN radio, Ferentz "loves the NFL" and wants to coach there badly.

Clayton picked Miami to win the division and go deep into the playoffs, due to his manlove for Saban. I'm sure he's hoping no one digs up his articles from 3-4 months back.

Ferentz has told the NFL "No" for 5 years. He even told the Bills "No" after Greggo was fired.

Gunzlingr
01-03-2007, 11:05 AM
According to John Clayton yesterday on ESPN radio, Ferentz "loves the NFL" and wants to coach there badly.

I agree on Mora not sounding like a joke. but that said, I like him.

They have said that the last 2 years, and each time he has turned down every team that came sniffing.

I think they should look towards the future and hire either Dennis Erickson or Steve Spurrier.

jmb1099
01-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Most of that was his doing. 15-17 and done.

Several months back, many in the media already had him enshrined in Canton. Sickening hype that blew up all over them. :yap:
No doubt. My guess, and its only that, is that he put all of his eggs in one basket with culpepper and when that didn't pan out and the season fell apart, he could look and see all of the mess that would need to be dealt with for the next few seasons. Compare that with the offer Alabama made him (an additional 17 million), an established program, and a wife who wanted out of Miami, and there you have it.
Coach's leaving teams happens all the time, but there is a right way and a wrong way to handle things, Saban handled this improperly from start to finish. The way he communicated his decision was classless and shows a definite lack of back bone and integrity.

jmb1099
01-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Well I see FTP lurking. My Beeyotch has me on ignore. Someone ask him to say something :snicker:
I'm on ignore as well. Someone call him out.

Dr. Lecter
01-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Hi FTP!

So, how the heck are you doing today? Anything happen lately you want to comment on?

Gunzlingr
01-03-2007, 11:11 AM
<TABLE id=inlinetable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width=250 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TH style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000">Sayeth Saban</TH><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD width=234>http://espn.go.com/photo/2007/0102/nfl_a_saban_65.jpgA chronology of comments about Nick Saban taking the head coaching job at Alabama:

Nov. 27:
Saban: "When I was in college it was always about coming to the pros. This is the challenge I wanted. I had a good college job. Why would I have left that if I was going to be interested in other college jobs?

"I took this as a challenge. We certainly haven't seen this through and gotten where we want to go and finished the job here, so why would I be interested in something else?"

Dec. 5:
Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga (after giving Saban a vote of confidence): "I am completely sold on Nick Saban. I would admit we made a mistake if we did make a mistake, but I firmly believe in Nick Saban."

Dec. 7:
Saban: "I'm flattered that they may have been interested in me, but it never really progressed, because we just never let it progress."

Dec. 21:
Saban: "I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach. ... I don't control what people say. I don't control what people put on dot-com or anything else. So I'm just telling you there's no significance, in my opinion, about this, about me, about any interest that I have in anything other than being the coach here.

Dec. 27:
Saban: "I'm just making a rule to never comment on something like that again because every time you comment on it, it just makes for another story. So I'm not going to comment on it five years from now, and I'm not going to comment on it next week." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

jmb1099
01-03-2007, 11:14 AM
someone should post a list of claims Ftp made about Saban's greatness

RedEyE
01-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Anyone here frequent Finhaven? I'm interested how well they're handeling things on their end of the spectrum.

DolfanTom
01-03-2007, 11:24 AM
I dislike the fish but like the owner Wayne. I doubt Shula has what it takes to make it in the NFL.Perhaps ... Shula is just my homer choice, that's all.

DolfanTom
01-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Clayton picked Miami to win the division and go deep into the playoffs, due to his manlove for Saban. I'm sure he's hoping no one digs up his articles from 3-4 months back.

Ferentz has told the NFL "No" for 5 years. He even told the Bills "No" after Greggo was fired.All depends on whether he thinks coaching the Dolphins is a good job or not. I just hope he's really committed if he does come.

feelthepain
01-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Hi FTP!

So, how the heck are you doing today? Anything happen lately you want to comment on?

Like what??? Be specific.

justasportsfan
01-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Anyone here frequent Finhaven? I'm interested how well they're handeling things on their end of the spectrum.

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Michael82
01-03-2007, 11:34 AM
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
:rofl: They are crashing because of all the Dolphin fans going crazy and crying and screaming all at once.

Dr. Lecter
01-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Like what??? Be specific.

I dunno.

Maybe how successful Nick Saban is gonna be as Dolphins HC? The AFC East titles and Super Bowl titles?

justasportsfan
01-03-2007, 11:38 AM
:rofl: They are crashing because of all the Dolphin fans going crazy and crying and screaming all at once.

it works now and they are saying he should BURN IN HELL!! The biggest LIAR, The most hated in franchise history, etc.

Gunzlingr
01-03-2007, 11:39 AM

There is a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

justasportsfan
01-03-2007, 11:40 AM
I dunno.

Maybe how successful Nick Saban is gonna be as Dolphins HC? The AFC East titles and Super Bowl titles?
How the ifns are better coached than the bills, better all around from top to janitor. Even the janitor isn't sure if he still has a job after Saban abandoned him. :rofl:

TacklingDummy
01-03-2007, 11:40 AM

Actually finheaven is crashing because all the Bill fans trying to get on the site to break the four people that are fin fans balls.

Michael82
01-03-2007, 11:41 AM
it works now and they are saying he should BURN IN HELL!! The biggest LIAR, The most hated in franchise history, etc.
It's nice to see the Fins go thru this, isnt it? :snicker:

Wait til Clump does one of their cap reports. I bet they'll be crying even more. :rofl:

DolfanTom
01-03-2007, 11:51 AM
it works now and they are saying he should BURN IN HELL!! The biggest LIAR, The most hated in franchise history, etc.Of course you guys are enjoying this, but put yourselves in our shoes - wouldn't you be saying the same thing!

LtBillsFan66
01-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Damn!
http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/news/nation/16374957.htm

Gunzlingr
01-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Damn!

Holy Crap, that's funny. Poor LeBastard.

justasportsfan
01-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Of course you guys are enjoying this, but put yourselves in our shoes - wouldn't you be saying the same thing!
What goes around comes around. Finfans made fun about coaches not wanting to coach in the city of Buffalo, etc. and that Miami was a great place. Saban bolts for Bama?

Saban and MM in their first year 9-7. Second year, they both went with a different Qb and team regressed. After that , they both quit. They difference is that MM had more class.

BTw, I haven't talked smack at FH about this situation.

Michael82
01-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Damn!

DolfanTom
01-03-2007, 11:59 AM
What goes around comes around. Finfans made fun about coaches not wanting to coach in the city of Buffalo, etc. and that Miami was a great place. Saban bolts for Bama?

Saban and MM in their first year 9-7. Second year, they both went with a different Qb and team regressed. After that , they both quit. They difference is that MM had more class.

BTw, I haven't talked smack at FH about this situation.Dude, don't get me wrong. I expect you guys to talk it up. I know I would!!!

MM had more class in his left pinky than the entire Saban family has IMO.

MikeInRoch
01-03-2007, 12:00 PM
There is a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

feelthepain
01-03-2007, 12:01 PM
I dunno.

Hard to tell, he didn't stay long enough to answer that question. All I know is he had a lot of injuries to deal with this year, but we are in good position in FA and the up coming draft. We have a top 5 D and we could land someone like Norm Chow as our new HC. Either way why don't you tell me how you feel about playing most of the season with very few injuries and not beating one good team all year?? I mean I'm sure this is fun for you Bill fans, but honestly what did the Bills do this year that gives you a reason to be any more optimistic then Miami?? You finish 2 games below 500., you're statring RB couldn't even run for a 1000 yards and your O finished nealry last in the league and you're rushing D is a joke, infact Miami's D finished better in nearly every aspect of the game this year. I think Bill fans need to worry about thier own problems.

justasportsfan
01-03-2007, 12:05 PM
:lolpoint:
Hard to tell, he didn't stay long enough to answer that question. All I know is he had a lot of injuries to deal with this year, but we are in good position in FA and the up coming draft. We have a top 5 D and we could land someone like Norm Chow as our new HC. Either way why don't you tell me how you feel about playing most of the season with very few injuries and not beating one good team all year?? I mean I'm sure this is fun for you Bill fans, but honestly what did the Bills do this year that gives you a reason to be any more optimistic then Miami?? You finish 2 games below 500., you're statring RB couldn't even run for a 1000 yards and your O finished nealry last in the league and you're rushing D is a joke, infact Miami's D finished better in nearly every aspect of the game this year. I think Bill fans need to worry about thier own problems.

Sounds like a defeated man.

Dolfantom, you , I have no problem with or the Lt's here. FTP however is the reason why anyone of us love to make fun of the fins especially kicking them when they're dowm. They dude is an idiot even over at FH.

Earthquake Enyart
01-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Capers would be a decent choice for them.

Maybe Huizenga can get Jimmy Johnson to come back.

Dr. Lecter
01-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Hard to tell, he didn't stay long enough to answer that question. All I know is he had a lot of injuries to deal with this year, but we are in good position in FA and the up coming draft.
Not really. Your cap situation is ugly.

We have a top 5 D and we could land someone like Norm Chow as our new HC.

And an old defense. And no solid #1 QB. You cuold also land Mike Mularkey as your HC.

Either way why don't you tell me how you feel about playing most of the season with very few injuries and not beating one good team all year?? I mean I'm sure this is fun for you Bill fans, but honestly what did the Bills do this year that gives you a reason to be any more optimistic then Miami?? You finish 2 games below 500., you're statring RB couldn't even run for a 1000 yards and your O finished nealry last in the league and you're rushing D is a joke, infact Miami's D finished better in nearly every aspect of the game this year. I think Bill fans need to worry about thier own problems.

Well, we did beat the Fishies twice this year. And the Jets (a playoff team, so I guess they are good). And Green Bay who just missed out. We also improved as the year went on, especially after the break.

As for injuries, it is not like the Bills were injury free.

RockStar36
01-03-2007, 12:22 PM
What happens to that top 5 D when J. Taylor retires?

And I wouldn't neccessarily say MM has more class than Saban. What they both did was about the same, IMO.

Michael82
01-03-2007, 12:26 PM
What happens to that top 5 D when J. Taylor retires?

And I wouldn't neccessarily say MM has more class than Saban. What they both did was about the same, IMO.
EXACTLY!

mysticsoto
01-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Hard to tell, he didn't stay long enough to answer that question. All I know is he had a lot of injuries to deal with this year, but we are in good position in FA and the up coming draft.

HUH???

Miami is in a good position in FA and the upcoming draft???

We have a top 5 D and we could land someone like Norm Chow as our new HC. Either way why don't you tell me how you feel about playing most of the season with very few injuries and not beating one good team all year?? I mean I'm sure this is fun for you Bill fans, but honestly what did the Bills do this year that gives you a reason to be any more optimistic then Miami?? You finish 2 games below 500.

FTP apparently forgot to look at the schedule and realize that his team was 6-10 for the season. By the way, FTP, that's lower than the Bills 7-9...that means it's worse!

By the way, this little quote in the Miami Herald by Dan LeBatard says it all:

"Miami, 6-10 against an easy schedule, was swept this year by younger teams in its division -- the Jets and Bills."

you're statring RB couldn't even run for a 1000 yards and your O finished nealry last in the league and you're rushing D is a joke, infact Miami's D finished better in nearly every aspect of the game this year. I think Bill fans need to worry about thier own problems.

Ronnie Brown barely made 1000 yds. In fact, he barely beat Willis by 18 yds. Oh wow!!! If injuries are being brought up, Willis McGahee didn't play for 2 games and played in several after that hurt. But as usual, you like to talk without knowing what you're talking about.

Miami's top WR, Chris Chambers got half of what Evans got 677 yds...

You're right about one thing...Miami's D is finished!

Look at all the FAs from Miami...guess what? With Miami in disarray, most of them are gone - not that you could afford to keep all of them if you wanted to. And with JT possibly retiring, say goodbye to a decent, but aging D...

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="611"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#f0f0f0"><td width="177">Adams, Keith </td> <td width="126">LB </td> <td width="124">UFA</td> <td width="184">
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td width="177">Barnes, Darian </td> <td width="126">FB </td> <td width="124">UFA</td> <td width="184">
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#f0f0f0"> <td width="177">Bowens, David </td> <td width="126">DE </td> <td width="124">UFA</td> <td width="184">
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td width="177">Fonoti, Toniu </td> <td width="126">OG</td> <td width="124">UFA</td> <td width="184">
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#f0f0f0"> <td width="177">Holliday, Vonnie </td> <td width="126">DT </td> <td width="124">UFA</td> <td width="184">
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#f0f0f0"> <td width="177">Jacox, Kendyl </td> <td width="126">C</td> <td width="124">UFA</td> <td width="184">
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#f0f0f0"> <td width="177">Lehan, Michael </td> <td width="126">CB </td> <td width="124">UFA</td> <td width="184">
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#f0f0f0"> <td width="177">McIntosh, Damion </td> <td width="126">OT</td> <td width="124">UFA</td> <td width="184">
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td width="177">Minor, Travis </td> <td width="126">RB </td> <td width="124">UFA</td> <td width="184">
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#f0f0f0"> <td width="177">Morris, Sammy </td> <td width="126">RB </td> <td width="124">UFA</td> <td width="184">
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td width="177">Newman, Keith </td> <td width="126">LB </td> <td width="124">UFA</td> <td width="184">
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#f0f0f0"> <td width="177">Spragan, Donnie </td> <td width="126">LB </td> <td width="124">UFA</td> <td width="184">
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td width="177">Tillman, Travares </td> <td width="126">S </td> <td width="124">UFA</td> <td width="184">
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#f0f0f0"> <td width="177">Traylor, Keith </td> <td width="126">DT </td> <td width="124">UFA</td> <td width="184">
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td width="177">Zgonina, Jeff </td> <td width="126">DT </td> <td width="124">UFA</td></tr></tbody></table>

Here's to Cleo and the Lemon's in Miami's future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beers:

justasportsfan
01-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Here's to Cleo and the Lemon's in Miami's future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beers:

Anyone see Feeley play for the eagles. He leaves the fins and then plays better than Garcia. In the mean time, the fins are stuck with a lemon that Saban traded for :rofl:

Saban leaving the fins could be a blessing in disguise for them. I always respected Saban for his D. But the guy is r******ed when it comes to the O. I realized that when he hired MM.

RedEyE
01-03-2007, 01:19 PM
If Buffalo makes the playoffs next season (projected) and Miami does not, the Dolphins will then be the team with the longest playoff drought.

feelthepain
01-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Not really. Your cap situation is ugly.

Really?? Prove it.

And an old defense. And no solid #1 QB. You cuold also land Mike Mularkey as your HC.

That "old" D as you call it was as high as #2 this year and finished #4, how does the age matter??? Seriously, I don't think the age is an issue. We also have a lot of youth on our D. Matt Roth, Cahnning Crowder, Travis Daniles ,Will Allen, Yerimia Bell, Fredrick Evans, Rod Wright, Andre Goodman, Jason Allen, David Bowens, ect. We just happen to gave a mix of youth and experience. Our age on D is mostly between 4 players, Zach, Jason, Kevin and Keith. Jason is still young enough to play a few more years and Zach finished the season with the most tackles of any player in the league, Jason may win Defensive player of the year they aren't slowing down.

Well, we did beat the Fishies twice this year. And the Jets (a playoff team, so I guess they are good). And Green Bay who just missed out. We also improved as the year went on, especially after the break.

As for injuries, it is not like the Bills were injury free.

Miami finished the season on O and D better then the Bills and we beat three very good team in the process....with our backup QB. So you beat the Jets wooppeee!!!! We were winning games with a backup QB and missing our starting RB. If the Bills finished strong why did they lose their last two games and finish near last on O??? I think you Bill fans are delusional.

feelthepain
01-03-2007, 01:25 PM
If Buffalo makes the playoffs next season (projected) and Miami does not, the Dolphins will then be the team with the longest playoff drought.

Yeah, and "if" Daunte returns to form, the Bills will lose two games to the Dolphins next year....since we're playing the "if" game.

Night Train
01-03-2007, 01:27 PM
I think you Bill fans are delusional.

Hello Irony, my old friend.

THE JETS AND BILLS SWEPT THE FINS !

jmb1099
01-03-2007, 01:31 PM
FTP another priceless post for its stupidity.
Obviously Saban didn't have what it took, two years and two losing seasons and the second season worse than the first, under Saban's watch and control.
No, you are not in a good position as far as free agency is concerned, you have more fa to sign than money to sign them and have given away multiple draft pics for guys that are either physically unable to play (cpep), or are better off never touching a football again( JH)
Every team has injuries, fact of football, get over it. Espn is declaring that Saban actually left the team in worse shape than he found it. You proclaimed him the fins savior and the second coming of Jesus, turned out to be the worst coach in fin history, the anti-coach:roflmao:

justasportsfan
01-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Miami finished the season on O and D better then the Bills and we beat three very good team in the process....with our backup QB. So you beat the Jets wooppeee!!!!

That so called better O scored a total of 6 points all season against the bills. Not even 1 TD. :roflmao:

the qb rating of the fins against the bills are whatever Culpeckers rating was i the first game because Joey had 0. :snicker:

Meanwhile our so called weaker O scored a total of 37 points

1-5 in the ACFE. :rofl:

Crisis
01-03-2007, 01:43 PM
That so called better O scored a total of 6 points all season against the bills. Not even 1 TD. :roflmao:

the qb rating of the fins against the bills are whatever Culpeckers rating was i the first game because Joey had 0. :snicker:

Meanwhile our so called weaker O scored a total of 37 points

1-5 in the ACFE. :rofl:

Actually their only points vs us was a Culpepper to Chamber last-second garbage time TD in the first game.

15 seconds away from 0 points in 2 games. Pathetic.

Billsrock4life
01-03-2007, 01:54 PM
:rofl: what a joke..........

jmb1099
01-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Really?? Prove it.

That "old" D as you call it was as high as #2 this year and finished #4, how does the age matter??? Seriously, I don't think the age is an issue. We also have a lot of youth on our D. Matt Roth, Cahnning Crowder, Travis Daniles ,Will Allen, Yerimia Bell, Fredrick Evans, Rod Wright, Andre Goodman, Jason Allen, David Bowens, ect. We just happen to gave a mix of youth and experience. Our age on D is mostly between 4 players, Zach, Jason, Kevin and Keith. Jason is still young enough to play a few more years and Zach finished the season with the most tackles of any player in the league, Jason may win Defensive player of the year they aren't slowing down.

Miami finished the season on O and D better then the Bills and we beat three very good team in the process....with our backup QB. So you beat the Jets wooppeee!!!! We were winning games with a backup QB and missing our starting RB. If the Bills finished strong why did they lose their last two games and finish near last on O??? I think you Bill fans are delusional.

Wow...you got it real bad. everyone in the sporitng world media is declaring that Miami is in bd cap shape, listen to espn, or just check it out online. In fact seems like you're the only one who might not know it at this point. Maybe that's because you spend too much time making wallpapers of all the players that will be leaving rather than actually paying attention to what's going on.
As far as your offense and defense are concerned: so basically you're saying that even though your offense and defense put up big numbers, they were a major dissapointment when it came to getting the job done.
Face it, the fins are in serious trouble for years to come

Cntrygal
01-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Maybe the fins could get Killdrive... I mean Kevin Gilbride to help Mularkey. :D

LtFinFan66
01-04-2007, 05:27 AM
Actually their only points vs us was a Culpepper to Chamber last-second garbage time TD in the first game.

15 seconds away from 0 points in 2 games. Pathetic.Actually 1:54 not 15 seconds

jamze132
01-04-2007, 06:43 AM
It seems like Saban got in over his head and didn't know how to handle grown men who get paid to play the game. He is one hell of a college coach though where if a player talks back, he could lose his scholarship; try that on an NFL player.

But on the other hand, it was in his and his families best interest to get the hell out of Miami and head back to the college ranks. I can't get mad at him for looking out for his family. What I mean is look at the way Huizinga treated Joe Girardi from the Marlins last year. Joe had those rookies playing some good damn baseball the second half of the season but Wayne pretty much forced Je to leave since they didn't see eye to eye. I don't blame Saban for leaving.

And **** all those guys at ESPN who had nothing but praise for Saban a year ago. "OH he is so good and will have no problems at the pro level."

I will also miss the Bills beating him and Mularkey. When the new coach gets to Miami, Mularkey is as good as unemployed.