PDA

View Full Version : Full playoff predictions

cocamide
01-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Here are my predictions for the 2007 playoffs. What are yours?

Wild-card playoffs
Kansas City at Indianapolis -> Indy should win this high scoring game. LJ is gonna run all over Indy, but with Indy's high powered offense, they should have the upper hand in this one

Dallas at Seattle -> Both of these teams have been way too inconsistent to be considered as real threats for the SuperBowl. I think Dallas is going to rebound from last week and move on to the Divisionals.

New York Jets at New England -> Two teams very familiar to us. I think we all know which team is better here, but will the Jets upset them? I don't think so. Belichick will have his team ready and will be out for blood after the embarassing loss during the last meeting.

New York Giants at Philadelphia -> The only team really worthy of playoff spot out of the four NFC teams in the wild-card games is Philly. They have really gotten hot recently and will crush the Giants.

Divisional playoffs
Hopefully I have the correct teams playing eachother here.

Indianapolis at Baltimore -> I actually think Indy wins this game. The Ravens defense is awesome, but I don't trust their offense. I think Freeney has a big game here, and Indy pulls off the upset.

New England at San Diego -> San Diego is the best team in the league and will not lose this game.

Dallas at Chicago -> Chicago's defense will be too much for Dallas. Chicago wins this low scoring affair.

Philly at New Orleans -> This is a pretty good matchup here. Both teams have good QBs, good running backs, and pretty good defenses. I think that New Orleans wide receivers will be the difference in this one. New Orleans wins it.

Conference playoffs
I will probably be completely wrong up to now, but here goes anyways.

Indy at San Diego -> San Diego just won't lose this one. I actually think it'll be low scoring as both teams will try to control the clock and keep the other offense off of the field. LT will be the difference in this game and have two touchdowns which will be too much for Indy to overcome. Shawn "When the lights are out, I shoot up" Merriman will have a big game here.

New Orleans at Chicago -> Unfortunately, I still think that Chicago makes it to the SuperBowl, no matter who they play. Chicago wins this game, but not because of Rex Grossman. The defense and Special Teams make Bush and Colston look like rookies.

SuperBowl
Chicago vs. San Diego -> The two #1 seeds will be duking it out on the biggest stage in the world. Grossman will be shown for what he is; a crap QB, and San Diego will show why they're the best team in the league. This will be a boring SuperBowl because San Diego will control the entire game. Congrats Chargers!

Patrick76777
01-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Here are my predictions for the 2007 playoffs. What are yours?

Wild-card playoffs
Kansas City at Indianapolis -> Indy should win this high scoring game. LJ is gonna run all over Indy, but with Indy's high powered offense, they should have the upper hand in this one

Dallas at Seattle -> Both of these teams have been way too inconsistent to be considered as real threats for the SuperBowl. I think Dallas is going to rebound from last week and move on to the Divisionals.

New York Jets at New England -> Two teams very familiar to us. I think we all know which team is better here, but will the Jets upset them? I don't think so. Belichick will have his team ready and will be out for blood after the embarassing loss during the last meeting.

New York Giants at Philadelphia -> The only team really worthy of playoff spot out of the four NFC teams in the wild-card games is Philly. They have really gotten hot recently and will crush the Giants.

Divisional playoffs
Hopefully I have the correct teams playing eachother here.

Indianapolis at Baltimore -> I actually think Indy wins this game. The Ravens defense is awesome, but I don't trust their offense. I think Freeney has a big game here, and Indy pulls off the upset.

New England at San Diego -> San Diego is the best team in the league and will not lose this game.

Dallas at New Orleans -> This will be a great game. Dallas will finally show up, and I think New Orleans will be overwhelmed by the hype. I hate to say it, but I think Dallas actually wins this game and moves on to the Conference Championship. I hope I'm wrong here.

Philly at Chicago -> Although I would love for Philly to pull off the upset here, I don't think they will. Grossman sucks, but he won't have a horrible game here. Chicago's defense will be too much for Garcia and Company and their special teams will probably score them a touchdown. Chicago wins.

Conference playoffs
I will probably be completely wrong up to now, but here goes anyways.

Indy at San Diego -> San Diego just won't lose this one. I actually think it'll be low scoring as both teams will try to control the clock and keep the other offense off of the field. LT will be the difference in this game and have two touchdowns which will be too much for Indy to overcome. Shawn "When the lights are out, I shoot up" Merriman will have a big game here.

Dallas at Chicago -> No upset here. Da Bears make it to the superbowl.

SuperBowl
Chicago vs. San Diego -> The two #1 seeds will be duking it out on the biggest stage in the world. Grossman will be shown for what he is; a crap QB, and San Diego will show why they're the best team in the league. This will be a boring SuperBowl because San Diego will control the entire game. Congrats Chargers!

I like it.

But 2nd round NFC would be Dallas at Chicago and Philly at NO.

Devin
01-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Go Saints!

cocamide
01-03-2007, 11:57 AM
I like it.

Ahh you're right! Philly won the division and has the higher seed. Thanks for pointing that out. :doh:

MikeInRoch
01-03-2007, 11:57 AM
KC might beat Indy - Indy has a historically bad run defense, and LJ is really good.

cocamide
01-03-2007, 12:00 PM
I like it.

Ok, it's been fixed. Thanks again.

RockStar36
01-03-2007, 12:23 PM
KC might beat Indy - Indy has a historically bad run defense, and LJ is really good.

KC most likely will beat Indy. Considering LJ and the IND run D, plus the fact that Peyton folds in the playoffs. Looks like the Manning family will be together to watch the 2nd round!

mybills
01-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Go Saints!
I still think they'll be in it, and not Chicago.

cocamide
01-03-2007, 12:58 PM
I still think they'll be in it, and not Chicago.

I hope you're right.

RockStar36
01-03-2007, 01:06 PM
mybills probably is right. Chicago is the worst #1 seed that I can ever remember seeing.

MikeInRoch
01-03-2007, 02:27 PM
But who is better in the NFC? The NFC just stinks.