X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

More Spineless Saban Stuff

Man, what a freaking spineless wimp Saban is. The guy didn't even have the nuts to personally meet with the owner and his coaching staff. Look at this:

POSTED 11:00 a.m. EST, January 3, 2007

SABAN BLEW OFF HUIZENGA

Our pal Alex Marvez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports in a 10:34 a.m. EST item that former Fins coach Nick Saban failed to show for a Wednesday morning meeting with Miami owner Wayne Huizenga, and that Saban informed Huizenga by phone of his decision to depart the Dolphins for Alabama.

As we reported within the past hour, it is confirmed that Saban is on a plane for Tuscaloosa.

More details to come.

POSTED 7:26 p.m. EST; UPDATED 7:40 p.m. EST, January 3, 2007

"RESTRAINED JUBILATION" IN SOUTH FLORIDA

In the immediate wake of Nick Saban's departure from the Miami Dolphins, the prevailing mood in the building is, to quote the doctor who informed George Costanza of his fiancé's demise, "restrained jubilation".

Make no mistake about it -- Saban was hated by nearly everyone in the building, with the most notable exception being his in-house spy and ball washer (especially when not golfing) Scott O'Brien.

And Saban surely knew it. Why else would he choose not to face his coaching staff and tell them in person that he was leaving? Instead, Saban let them know of the decision by phone, prompting some of the assistant coaches and veteran players to label him as a "f--king pussy".

Me-ow.

We're also hearing that Saban's wife had a big role in the final decision to leave Miami, which according to owner Wayne Huizenga was the result of various factors unrelated to money. "I've been through this with Nick for quite some time now," said Huizenga, who apparently was complicit with Saban in the string of flat denials regarding Saban's possible departure. "I feel the pain and so forth and so on of both Nick and Terry."

With Saban gone, there are plenty of folks in the franchise who are feeling anything but pain.
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: More Spineless Saban Stuff

He went out like the spoiled little ***** he is

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
      • Mar 2004

I'm disappointed, because I really liked his vision, especially having to put up with the mess that Wannstache left it, but it's really hard to respect the guy now. Talk about the wrong way to go about things.

Comment

• feelthepain
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Mar 2005

Saban meet with WH this morning. Saban told WH, "if you want me to stay, I will."

Comment

• jmb1099
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by feelthepain
          Saban meet with WH this morning. Saban told WH, "if you want me to stay, I will."
          Glad you were there to confirm that for us

Comment

• jmb1099
            • Sep 2004

So are you saying Saban was let go? Face it...one way or the other your hero, the man you proclaimed would the great savior of the fins turned out to be a waste. You're on a roll ftp, admit you were wrong and eat your crow.

Comment

• cordog
              eat, drink, and be merry
              • Apr 2003

I'm sure everyone in the Dolphins organization did hate Saban. I remember hearing before the season that he put out a memo that no one was disturb by saying hello or anything to him while he was walking through the halls. What a *****

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by cordog
                I'm sure everyone in the Dolphins organization did hate Saban. I remember hearing before the season that he put out a memo that no one was disturb by saying hello or anything to him while he was walking through the halls. What a *****
                I would just spit on him when I walked by him, that way he talks to me and breaks his own rule. I would just hello.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

You are so full of it FTP, Saban was on a plane to the boon docks to watch his wife get corn fed.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Your posts are funny!!!

Comment

• mchurchfie
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                      Man, what a freaking spineless wimp Saban is. The guy didn't even have the nuts to personally meet with the owner and his coaching staff. Look at this:

POSTED 11:00 a.m. EST, January 3, 2007

SABAN BLEW OFF HUIZENGA

Our pal Alex Marvez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports in a 10:34 a.m. EST item that former Fins coach Nick Saban failed to show for a Wednesday morning meeting with Miami owner Wayne Huizenga, and that Saban informed Huizenga by phone of his decision to depart the Dolphins for Alabama.

As we reported within the past hour, it is confirmed that Saban is on a plane for Tuscaloosa.

More details to come.

POSTED 7:26 p.m. EST; UPDATED 7:40 p.m. EST, January 3, 2007

"RESTRAINED JUBILATION" IN SOUTH FLORIDA

In the immediate wake of Nick Saban's departure from the Miami Dolphins, the prevailing mood in the building is, to quote the doctor who informed George Costanza of his fiancé's demise, "restrained jubilation".

Make no mistake about it -- Saban was hated by nearly everyone in the building, with the most notable exception being his in-house spy and ball washer (especially when not golfing) Scott O'Brien.

And Saban surely knew it. Why else would he choose not to face his coaching staff and tell them in person that he was leaving? Instead, Saban let them know of the decision by phone, prompting some of the assistant coaches and veteran players to label him as a "f--king pussy".

Me-ow.

We're also hearing that Saban's wife had a big role in the final decision to leave Miami, which according to owner Wayne Huizenga was the result of various factors unrelated to money. "I've been through this with Nick for quite some time now," said Huizenga, who apparently was complicit with Saban in the string of flat denials regarding Saban's possible departure. "I feel the pain and so forth and so on of both Nick and Terry."

With Saban gone, there are plenty of folks in the franchise who are feeling anything but pain.
                      My Band
                      daveviterna.com

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Wayne:

"I feel the pain and so forth and so on of both Nick and Terry."

I feel the pain:

"I feel the pain....................."

Comment

• Devin
                          The Octagon
                          • Apr 2003

Saban is a coward. Always has been.

As much as I hate the fins he really did them wrong, his staff hit the nail on the head. He is a ****ing pussy.

I hope he fails miserably in Alabama.
                          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• G. Host
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                            When Alex Marvez was asked about article mentioning him he said:
                            "ProFootballTalk? Isn't that the football version of the National Enquirer? The paper which combines plagerism, misquotes, half-truths and bad writing? I have less respect than I do for Saban, a lot less? I'd be ashamed to know anybody who read it never mind who worked there."

Comment

• clumping platelets

With the first pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select.....

Comment

Working...
                              X