PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: The Sabres Host the Isles on New Years day - Game Thread

Philagape
01-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Forked from: The Sabres Host the Isles on New Years day - Game Thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1790537)

well we aren't changing back :nana: the new jerseys are HOT! they're outselling all other jerseys in the whole NHL! you old :fogey: that grew up in the 1970's that like the original Blue Gold you just can't accept change.

They could have put a garbage can, a headless chicken and Rosie O'Donnell on the jerseys, and they still would have been the top sellers.

im4bflo
01-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Forked from: The Sabres Host the Isles on New Years day - Game Thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1790537)

They could have put a garbage can, a headless chicken and Rosie O'Donnell on the jerseys, and they still would have been the top sellers.

LOSman Wins mother must still dress him, with that poor taste :snicker2:

SkateZilla
01-01-2007, 05:43 PM
its been months, can we please drop the jersey/logo fights?

Philagape
01-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Mr. Cynical started this one!

im4bflo
01-01-2007, 05:53 PM
never, it's a hockey topic, why do you guys dislike it more than any other?
I think it's the :cry: from the sluglovers that's the problem!
Somebody posts they don't like the slug, I agree, and then the :cry: baby's come in, that's how it gets started! As long as the topic comes up, it's going to be discussed.

The_Philster
01-01-2007, 05:55 PM
it's like this
http://blog.fabrica.it/jgl/archives/images/obsession.jpg
Some people are getting over it...Hell, Mikey has a slug tshirt :D

im4bflo
01-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Call me DIEHARD!
the majority of you need to look it up.

The_Philster
01-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Call me DIEHARD!
the majority of you need to look it up.
actually, I call you obsessed. I don't much care for the slug either...but damn...we're leading the Eastern Conference. For some reason I was thinking that was something better to focus on :idunno:

GThirst
01-01-2007, 06:06 PM
I have a slug wallet, they were out of any other Sabre logo wallets :(

The_Philster
01-01-2007, 06:14 PM
I have a slug wallet, they were out of any other Sabre logo wallets :(
considering the way things were flying out of the Sabres Store the last I saw, you were lucky to even get that :laughter: Last I knew, some people were waiting 2 months for a jersey

im4bflo
01-01-2007, 06:18 PM
actually, I call you obsessed. I don't much care for the slug either...but damn...we're leading the Eastern Conference. For some reason I was thinking that was something better to focus on :idunno:

Then I'll put you on the 'I don't care' sluglover list.
But Sabre fans from our bebinnings to now, do care.
Fairweathers only care about winning, I care all the time.
Diehard, look it up.

GThirst
01-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Well this was before the Sabres went 10-0 at the beginning of the season, so there were less bandwagoners to snatch up the goods. This was somewhere in between the preseason pitts game and the hurricanes game that I went to.

im4bflo
01-01-2007, 06:20 PM
considering the way things were flying out of the Sabres Store the last I saw, you were lucky to even get that :laughter: Last I knew, some people were waiting 2 months for a jersey

the SABRE STORE line look like this? :bandwagon
makes sense.

im4bflo
01-01-2007, 06:25 PM
If you're going to groan me for being right, back atcha!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Look! you guys were the ones that wanted the Sabres to go back to the Blue & Gold and Golisano abliged no one said anything about the logo! I was satisfied with the "mad cow" and the white, black, red and gray jersey.

The_Philster
01-01-2007, 06:28 PM
If you're going to groan me for being right, back atcha!
I groaned at you for :deadhorse
I hate to break it to you, but not all diehards share your views. I'm sure most disliked the slug when it first came out...many likely still do. But I don't think many of them think that the way to deal with it is to whine like a baby on a message board about it

im4bflo
01-01-2007, 06:48 PM
I groaned at you for :deadhorse
I hate to break it to you, but not all diehards share your views. I'm sure most disliked the slug when it first came out...many likely still do. But I don't think many of them think that the way to deal with it is to whine like a baby on a message board about it

The thing to do, was to fight it, like most of you (so called)diehards(you need to look it up, to continue this discussion, here's what WEBSTERS says- diehard= one who TENACIOUSLY resists change or refuses to abandon a position) school over!
Now at the beginning of the season, thousands signed a petition to get rid of the slug, were you one??? Did you stand by what you signed??? Did everyone who signed that stick by their word!!!??? I DID! And now I've got to listen to a bunch of quitters, FU all sluglovers. If we kept up the fight, like the Isles fans did, they got rid of the Gordans Fisherman(or whatever), but no, sadly Sabre fans like you would rather 'turtle'.
You've joined the bandwagoners and fairweathers, and just look like a bunch of yellow clones :snicker2:
:monkeyp:slug
go ahead, groan...

im4bflo
01-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Look! you guys were the ones that wanted the Sabres to go back to the Blue & Gold and Golisano abliged no one said anything about the logo! I was satisfied with the "mad cow" and the white, black, red and gray jersey.

I was cool with the white buffalo head.
but a yellow slug :cynic:

The_Philster
01-01-2007, 06:58 PM
you signed a petition...good for you..I think I signed the same one...can't remember for sure to be honest. If you're this deadset against the slug, then why not continue to do something about it? I mean something besides whine like a baby about it on a message board. I'm not sure what but you're a smart guy...if you put half the energy into finding a solution that you do into whining...maybe something would get accomplished
No offense man...but the only thing you're accomplishing here is annoying people...some of us who've met you and think you're a pretty good guy, too :peace:

im4bflo
01-01-2007, 07:12 PM
you signed a petition...good for you..I think I signed the same one...can't remember for sure to be honest. If you're this deadset against the slug, then why not continue to do something about it? I mean something besides whine like a baby about it on a message board. I'm not sure what but you're a smart guy...if you put half the energy into finding a solution that you do into whining...maybe something would get accomplished
No offense man...but the only thing you're accomplishing here is annoying people...some of us who've met you and think you're a pretty good guy, too :peace:

How am I whining?
I havn't started a logo thread or post, but have only replyed to them.
And I'm explaining my position, not just whining, I just posted a reply that was full proof and I was right, RIGHT! You signed a petition, and went back on your word, I didn't, I am diehard, it's just not a word I throw around when the teams winning.
I am a good guy, being treated like a whiner for some reason :idunno:
I'd love just once for a slug fan to write and explain how that slug represents the BUFFALO SABRES?! And why the hell people feel like they've got to accept it, when you don't? The more people give me crap about this, the more I'm ready to keep talking about it, what happened to the Buffalo fans? You guys were complaining about Bills fans not going to the game, does that make you a whiner? Why do you call me one? I'm just a diehard fan with an opinion, that doesn't sit well with the clones on this board.

im4bflo
01-01-2007, 07:20 PM
:oops: :snicker: that was a good one!
and proof that I'm not alone.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-01-2007, 07:22 PM
How am I whining?
I havn't started a logo thread or post, but have only replyed to them.
And I'm explaining my position, not just whining, I just posted a reply that was full proof and I was right, RIGHT! You signed a petition, and went back on your word, I didn't, I am diehard, it's just not a word I throw around when the teams winning.
I am a good guy, being treated like a whiner for some reason :idunno:
I'd love just once for a slug fan to write and explain how that slug represents the BUFFALO SABRES?! And why the hell people feel like they've got to accept it, when you don't? The more people give me crap about this, the more I'm ready to keep talking about it, what happened to the Buffalo fans? You guys were complaining about Bills fans not going to the game, does that make you a whiner? Why do you call me one? I'm just a diehard fan with an opinion, that doesn't sit well with the clones on this board.

:bs: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=116846 :snicker:

The_Philster
01-01-2007, 07:38 PM
everytime the logo gets mentioned, you do seem to be involved soon after...that's all...Mikey used to ***** as hard as you did, it seems...but even he realized it's not worth it

You signed a petition, and went back on your word,How did I do this?

im4bflo
01-01-2007, 08:33 PM
everytime the logo gets mentioned, you do seem to be involved soon after...that's all...Mikey used to ***** as hard as you did, it seems...but even he realized it's not worth it

How did I do this?

Mike turtled, and joined the slugs, and I'm sure you guys help talk him into it.
You signed a petition, and then accepted what it was against, pretty simple.

You make it sound like I'm alone, but there are thousands that agree with me, but on the CloneZone(hey, that's funny):snicker2: I'm obviously not the majority, but there are a handful not as vocal as me. You keep following, but I'm standing my ground.

im4bflo
01-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Forked from: The Sabres Host the Isles on New Years day - Game Thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1790798)

And once again, about the jerseys..

They are selling like hot cakes because they hardly sell ANYTHING with the old school logo. People have no choice but to buy the new garbage.

Most of those sporting slug apparel are kids, soccer moms or bandwagon fans who hopped on the train around mid-season last year.

Plus the team is hot, people would be buying jerseys if they were pink and polka dotted.

Dr. Lecter
01-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Then I'll put you on the 'I don't care' sluglover list.
But Sabre fans from our bebinnings to now, do care.
Fairweathers only care about winning, I care all the time.
Diehard, look it up.

That is a prety moronic defintion of fairweather.

All I know is I went and watched some wretched Sabres teams play and was still a fan at that time.

Who really cares, at this point, about a freakin' logo? The most important thing is how this team is playing.

im4bflo
01-01-2007, 09:54 PM
That is a prety moronic defintion of fairweather.

All I know is I went and watched some wretched Sabres teams play and was still a fan at that time.

Who really cares, at this point, about a freakin' logo? The most important thing is how this team is playing.

Sorry, what fairweather fans think, I could care less.
Enjoy the ride until you get off again.

SkateZilla
01-02-2007, 04:40 AM
never, it's a hockey topic, why do you guys dislike it more than any other?
I think it's the :cry: from the sluglovers that's the problem!
Somebody posts they don't like the slug, I agree, and then the :cry: baby's come in, that's how it gets started! As long as the topic comes up, it's going to be discussed.

well fine, lemme start a topic harping and complaining about the 1999 Finals....

YardRat
01-02-2007, 06:14 AM
well fine, lemme start a topic harping and complaining about the 1999 Finals....

We got screwed.

Dr. Lecter
01-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Sorry, what fairweather fans think, I could care less.
Enjoy the ride until you get off again.

I went to my first game in 1981. I have been a fan my entire life, as I am sure you have.

Don't call people who have been lifetime fans "fairweather". It makes you look an ass. Not hating or obsessing with a damn logo does not make one fairweather.

SabreEleven
01-02-2007, 01:51 PM

NO GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Philster
01-02-2007, 03:52 PM
NO GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!
I was there for the Home Opener the following season...when the Eastern Conference Championship Banner was raised....and a big NO GOAL banner was hanging from the other side of the Arena. I'll have to see if I still have the pic and scan it

im4bflo
01-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Forked from: The Sabres Host the Isles on New Years day - Game Thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1790808)

Forked from: The Sabres Host the Isles on New Years day - Game Thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1790798)

PERFECT

im4bflo
01-03-2007, 09:25 PM
I was there for the Home Opener the following season...when the Eastern Conference Championship Banner was raised....and a big NO GOAL banner was hanging from the other side of the Arena. I'll have to see if I still have the pic and scan it

We need a NO SLUG banner