I guaranteed 7 wins in '06. HH is predicting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I guaranteed 7 wins in '06. HH is predicting...

A playoff birth. Everyone here knows that I'm very realistic about my posts and predictions here. Here's my logic:

1) LTBF gets credit for bringing this to my attention. The fact that we had Whitner and Simpson essentially play a whole season as rookies is HUGE. These guys will be great next year.

2) I admit that I had left TKO for dead. The last few weeks of the season he started making plays and tackles. Not meaningless Fletcher tackles but play making tackles. I think he'll comeback next year and have a significant contribution, especially with the certain departure of Fletcher.

3) Our OL is certainly going to be better. They have turned the corner from "massively blowing" before the bye to "we can build on this". We are 2 players away here from being "really good".

4) JP will be better in 2007. I had my $1,000 bet for 7 wins this year. My new $1,000 bet for 2007 is that JP will have better numbers this coming season. The first 7 games of 2006 were lost on teaching him how to play the position and keeping him locked between the tackles. In 2007 JP will become a true offensive weapon. If he gets a real #2 receiver the offense will be scary good.

5) I have to believe that Marv watched us get run over all year. We couldn't suck anyomre against the run. No way that Marv doesn't address this in the offseason. Just like so many thought that Peters should be a left tackle I believe that Hargrove will be a DE next year and that there will be massive changes on the DL. Marv had a great draft but McCargo might be his only "iffy" pick. I expect him to add some more players in the middle for sure.
  • gonzo1105
    • Jul 2002

Re: I guaranteed 7 wins in '06. HH is predicting...

I know Spikes getting constantly run over by Travis Henry in that Titans game was making plays ! lol

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      A playoff birth. Everyone here knows that I'm very realistic about my posts and predictions here. Here's my logic:

1) LTBF gets credit for bringing this to my attention. The fact that we had Whitner and Simpson essentially play a whole season as rookies is HUGE. These guys will be great next year.

2) I admit that I had left TKO for dead. The last few weeks of the season he started making plays and tackles. Not meaningless Fletcher tackles but play making tackles. I think he'll comeback next year and have a significant contribution, especially with the certain departure of Fletcher.

3) Our OL is certainly going to be better. They have turned the corner from "massively blowing" before the bye to "we can build on this". We are 2 players away here from being "really good".

4) JP will be better in 2007. I had my $1,000 bet for 7 wins this year. My new $1,000 bet for 2007 is that JP will have better numbers this coming season. The first 7 games of 2006 were lost on teaching him how to play the position and keeping him locked between the tackles. In 2007 JP will become a true offensive weapon. If he gets a real #2 receiver the offense will be scary good.

5) I have to believe that Marv watched us get run over all year. We couldn't suck anyomre against the run. No way that Marv doesn't address this in the offseason. Just like so many thought that Peters should be a left tackle I believe that Hargrove will be a DE next year and that there will be massive changes on the DL. Marv had a great draft but McCargo might be his only "iffy" pick. I expect him to add some more players in the middle for sure.
      Amen brother! I agree with all of the above.
      1. Whitner and Simpson played well as rookies, we can only expect they'll improve.
      2. I'm not sure if Spikes has been making "game-changing" tackles the past few weeks, but I have a strong suspicion that one more offseason is going to do wonders for him, and thus for us
      3. Our OL improved to average from below average after the bye. I think a new RG will push us to above average, and either a new RT or development by rookie Pennington could make it a good line.
      4. I also fully agree that JP will only continue to improve. He works hard, is fanatical about the game, has some experience under his belt now, and should benefit from an improved line and another weapon to throw to.
      5. There is simply no way that the front office didn't notice that teams were running right through us. They'll try to address it through FA and the draft. I'm certain of that.
      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by gonzo1105
        I know Spikes getting constantly run over by Travis Henry in that Titans game was making plays ! lol
        Dude, talk about taking something out of context. All I said was he started making some plays. That's it. You don't think he'll be better next year? Furthermore, I have full faith that Marv and company will replace him if he's not moving in that direction.

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

I didn't make a garantee, but I predicted the Bills would win 7 or 8 games. I also am predicting a playoff berth in 2007. Furthermore, I think there is at least a chance that playoff berth is due to the Bills winning the division rather than winning a wild card.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• CAbills
            • Jul 2004

Although at the beginning of the season we all didn't want to admit that an achilles injury would take two seasons to heal its the truth. I think he will be fine next season.
            Lets Go Buffalo!
            Boiler Up!

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by CAbills
              Although at the beginning of the season we all didn't want to admit that an achilles injury would take two seasons to heal its the truth. I think he will be fine next season.
              I think Spikes will be close to where he was pre-injury next year and will add a huge boost to the defense before, during, and after each game.

Comment

• mayotm
                • Jul 2003

Spikes was more active the last few games as he got healthier. In addition to coming back from the achilles, he had nagging injuries all season. He probably won't be the same player as before the achilles injury, but can still be an above average player.

Comment

Working...
                X