PDA

View Full Version : After watching the sugarbowl...

Kerr
01-04-2007, 12:29 PM
I realized, hypothetically, I wouldn't mind seeing Darius Walker get drafted by Buffalo to share time with A-train until he's ready. He reminds me of a Willie Parker :up: He's always been the underrated player in their offense. Walker was really the only Irish player to show up. Wishful thinking.

Saratoga Slim
01-04-2007, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't mind drafting him, or a quick and speedy RB like him, to share time with Willis. I like the two-back rotation that a lot of teams are using, i.e New England, New Orleans, Jax, etc. I guess Walker and A-Train would work too. But I still see A-Train as more of a backup than a 20-snap a game back at this point.

RockStar36
01-04-2007, 01:24 PM
I realized, hypothetically, I wouldn't mind seeing Darius Walker get drafted by Buffalo to share time with A-train until he's ready. He reminds me of a Willie Parker :up: He's always been the underrated player in their offense. Walker was really the only Irish player to show up. Wishful thinking.

Did I miss something? I'm pretty sure McGahee is still the starting RB in Buffalo.

OpIv37
01-04-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't think Walker will make it very far in the NFL, if he makes it at all.

OpIv37
01-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Did I miss something? I'm pretty sure McGahee is still the starting RB in Buffalo.

yeah but we've reached a point where we need to discuss whether or not he should be. The guy had two bad years in a row, and it's not entirely the OL's fault.

User Manuel
01-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Unless he declared he has one more season at ND.

BillsNick
01-04-2007, 03:23 PM
NO

The last buffalo fan
01-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Kenneth Davis has to be available.

Kerr
01-04-2007, 04:07 PM
I don't think Walker will make it very far in the NFL, if he makes it at all.

Why not? If he declares, which I hope he does, he will be one of the fastest backs to come out. In the nfl speed is valuable.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Darius Walker won't do anything in the NFL. I cannot see him declaring for the draft, he wouldn't be in the top 10 backs available.

BTW:

Walker - 40 time - 4.50
McGahee - 40 time - 4.24

Ingtar33
01-04-2007, 06:01 PM
that time for mcgahee was pre-knee injury.

OpIv37
01-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Why not? If he declares, which I hope he does, he will be one of the fastest backs to come out. In the nfl speed is valuable.

it is, but NFL RB's also need to be able to move the pile. He's too small to do that- he's a "scat back" like Shaud Williams.

Don't get me wrong- I think the guy is one of ND's unsung heroes of 2006. I like what he's done for the Irish. I just don't think he's NFL material.

TigerJ
01-04-2007, 09:17 PM
I think Darius Walker probably has more speed than Shaud Williams, the Bills back whose role probably is the closest fit for Walker. He doesn't look to me like he's sturdy enough to hold up as an every down back. He has more of a WR's body.

TigerJ
01-04-2007, 09:22 PM
I just looked him up on the official Notre Dame site, and he's a little bigger than I thought, 5' 10" and 208 lbs. That's a little smaller than is ideal. I still see him more as a role player which would make him a low round pick in my thinking.

Kerr
01-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Darius Walker won't do anything in the NFL. I cannot see him declaring for the draft, he wouldn't be in the top 10 backs available.

BTW:

Walker - 40 time - 4.50
McGahee - 40 time - 4.24

Walker is near 4.40 and if that's how fast mcgahee is, I haven't seen that speed.

Kerr
01-04-2007, 10:27 PM
it is, but NFL RB's also need to be able to move the pile. He's too small to do that- he's a "scat back" like Shaud Williams.

Don't get me wrong- I think the guy is one of ND's unsung heroes of 2006. I like what he's done for the Irish. I just don't think he's NFL material.

Small? Since when is size an issue inf the nfl for running backs? Warrick Dunn is like 5-9 and LT is like 5-10(same as walker).

Maybe you don't see it, but i've seen a guy with some good power who can break tackles and who hits the holes and doesn't dance around.

Kerr
01-04-2007, 10:28 PM
I just looked him up on the official Notre Dame site, and he's a little bigger than I thought, 5' 10" and 208 lbs. That's a little smaller than is ideal. I still see him more as a role player which would make him a low round pick in my thinking.

Weight is not an issue. Adding weight is can be accomplished. I think he'll be more than a role player in the league.

Crisis
01-05-2007, 01:19 AM
I forgot how amazing Willis was in college before that knee injury...I just don't see the same 2nd level speed that he had at the U anymore.

Moot point though because without that knee injury he's not even on our roster.

jamze132
01-05-2007, 03:47 AM
McGahee isn't going to hurt my feeling if he holds out. IMO, he hasn't earned an extension yet. We might want to look towards drafting a RB or getting the best available through FA.

Marvelous
01-05-2007, 03:47 AM
What would make me sooo happy about Kerr's wording is it sounded like McGahee would be gone.. BUt i assume you meant share time with A-train as a backup :grin: For the love of god PALEASE trade McGahee this offseason.. :pray: :pray: :pray: Imagine a RB who gives a damn nextyear..To go along with our improved young team..