PDA

View Full Version : Team Needs! For 2007

alohabillsfan
01-05-2007, 08:32 AM
CB- Only have Mcgee and Youbouty under contract for 2007... Need 3
DE- Only have Schobel and Denney should resign Hardgrove...Need 2
DT- Have Tripplett, McCargo, Williams and Jefferson... Need 1 Replace Anderson
LB- Have 7 Need 2 (losing Fletcher and Joe Odam)
OL- Have 8 Need 2 (assume losing Villareal, maybe Reyes and Morgan is FA)
QB- Good
RB- Have Mcgahee need 2 (A-train and Williams Free Agents)
FB- Zero need 1 (Shelton FA)
Safety Have Bowen, Whitner, Simpson and Leonard, (Wire FA) Need 1.
TE- Have 5
WR- Have 7 (Only loss is A. Davis)

Bottom Line is we need atleast 14 Players with only 6 Draft choices= 8 FA
Biggest Team Need (as far as holes not quality) is CB, RB, DE, LB, OL and FB

Should be an interesting offseason!

BillsNick
01-05-2007, 08:39 AM
We need to re-sign Keklawalakalyamalamalaya Thomas.

bloch1ef7
01-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Here's what we need

1. Big/Physical WR
2. Huge DT
3. 5th String CB
4. FB

justasportsfan
01-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Cieslak might be an interesting player to replace Shelton. He's got the size and definitely the hands .

Night Train
01-05-2007, 08:50 AM
As for Starters

1. DT
2. MLB
3. 2 Guards
4. #2 WR opposite Evans - cut Price
5. CB
6. DE

Yikes ! We have a lot of needs.

Romes
01-05-2007, 08:53 AM
We need to re-sign Keklawalakalyamalamalaya Thomas.

i think you left an "aka" out. :oops:

mysticsoto
01-05-2007, 08:59 AM
CB- Only have Mcgee and Youbouty under contract for 2007... Need 3
DE- Only have Schobel and Denney should resign Hardgrove...Need 2
DT- Have Tripplett, McCargo, Williams and Jefferson... Need 1 Replace Anderson
LB- Have 7 Need 2 (losing Fletcher and Joe Odam)
OL- Have 8 Need 2 (assume losing Villareal, maybe Reyes and Morgan is FA)
QB- Good
RB- Have Mcgahee need 2 (A-train and Williams Free Agents)
FB- Zero need 1 (Shelton FA)
Safety Have Bowen, Whitner, Simpson and Leonard, (Wire FA) Need 1.
TE- Have 5
WR- Have 7 (Only loss is A. Davis)

Bottom Line is we need atleast 14 Players with only 6 Draft choices= 8 FA
Biggest Team Need (as far as holes not quality) is CB, RB, DE, LB, OL and FB

Should be an interesting offseason!

CB - I would resign Kiwaukee Thomas and also draft one or look at Rumph...unless somehow, magically, Clements accepted a reasonable offer from us.

DE - Definitely resign Hargrove to replace Kelsay at DE (not DT).

DT - Draft Okoye to replace Tim Anderson...if we can replace Jefferson with a better prospect, I wouldn't mind that.

LB - Through FA, grab Briggs, Cato or other. Move TKO to MLB and draft also. With Crowell returning and Ellision playing well, we are still okay at the position.

OL - replace Villarial with better FA. Draft good looking prospects for development.

QB - Replace Holcomb less noodle-armed qb.

RB - Resign A-Train to 2-3 yr deal!

FB - Move Ciezslak here - he can catch also!

TE - Now we have 4. Drop Neufeld and get a better pass catching TE.

WR - Dump Aiken. Draft prospect.

njsue
01-05-2007, 03:53 PM
I am not real satisfied with the oline. This is an area that still need a significant upgrade. The current players were getting beat by Baltimore's D. If the bills are going to get to the point of beating these teams well time to beef up the oline.

ParanoidAndroid
01-05-2007, 05:08 PM
I think Ralph will get his wish and the O-line will get upgrades.

We'll need a CB, seriously need an upgrade at he one-gap DT spot and we will likely need a LB. Those aren't for depth either...they must be ready to start!

It would be nice if we could also get help at TE, but that is likely going to have to wait, as will WR. Even though I think it would help JP out to have additional weapons as I said in another post, the running game will continue to suffer without upgrading the right side of the line.

We have too many holes to fill to stay out of the upper tier FA market this season. We need a couple of high quality players. We know Marv isn't TD who liked the "big splash" to sell tickets, but he's gonna have to cannonball off the high dive platform this time if he want this team to keep its momentum going forward.

Yasgur's Farm
01-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Cieslak might be an interesting player to replace Shelton. He's got the size and definitely the hands .Agreed... or Neufeld.

Yasgur's Farm
01-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Priorities...

1) DT - Sign Warren Sapp (stop gap) plus round 4.
I think our DT's will be fine in the long run once they gain some experience and we get our gap filling LB's in order. I believe the Bills will be forced to adapt, improvise and overcome. Warren Sapp would make an excellent stopgap run stuffer on obvious running plays. He also has a motor and has been known for sacks and QB pressures up the middle. I think Tim Anderson may end up a casualty.

2) G - Sign Eric Steinbach plus round 3.
I think Villarrial's played his last game in a Bills uniform. He's injury prone and not that talented and isn't worth his $1.5M salary. I agree however that Preston is good for depth at any interior line position. Time to invest in a good free agent here.

3) LB - Sign Lance Briggs and/or Adalius Thomas and/or Cato June and/or round 2 (Any 2 is good).
I don't think Fletcher or Spikes will be worth the money... Could be time to move on. I do however have a rather unorthodox alternate move here... Sign D. Freeney and move A. Schobel to WLB. I think it might be a good move. I think Schobel roaming around back there might just be what the doctor ordered. I believe he could be a Bryce Paup type. But the formula doesn't work without Freeney on the edge. Schobel runs a 4.68, which is comparable to Spikes at 4.65 and Crowell at 4.66. Plus with Schobel's previous zone blitz experience, he has some cover skills to build on. I think that's the beauty of it all. By having him roam around, he can get in the backfield from many different angles. Teams would definatly be pre-occupied with where he lines up and what he might do. Meanwhile we'd have steady pressure from Freeney. Don't forget also that the Denney/Kelsay combo produced 13 sacks this season.

4) CB - Sign Asante Samuel or round 2.
I question Clement’s heart. Where was he for a season and a half? Do you think he only played hard these last 8 games to secure his payday? Do you think he's worth an average of $10M per year? Or would Asante Samuel at an average of $7M per year be a better fit?

5) #2 WR - Sign Drew Bennet or round 1 (*Calvin Johnson, *Dwayne Jarrett or Jeff Samardzjia) (*Will require moving up).
I feel that a large possession WR (we have plenty of smaller speedy guys) and a TE with better hands would make this offense sing. I like Samardzjia. I don't want him though if he's gonna be a part timer baseball)... And that includes OTA's!!! I would settle for him but would rather have Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett. It would probably take both WM and TKO with our #1 to get us into top 5 for Calvin Johnson. But our #1 with TKO should move us up enough to snag Dwayne Jarrett. There are some who say we could sit where we are and maybe still get Jarrett. But I feel that the free agent WR class is weak this year... Therefore more teams will be looking at the draft for their WR needs.

6) TE - Sign Eric Johnson or Tony Gonzalez plus round 6.
Royal paired with Johnson or Gonzales would be a great tandem... Not to mention Ceislak as the 3rd. I think Everett may be odd man out. I am a bit concerned about Johnson staying healthy. Furthermore, I'd like to see Neufeld as our FB and Josh Reed as a WR and 3rd down RB. Let Shelton and S. Williams walk.

7) QB - Round 7 (3rd string).
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>
8) RB - Re-sign A-train and convert Josh Reed to a slash player.
Like Clements, I question Mcgahee’s heart. He signed a contract through 2007; maybe it would be better to make him play it out so we can get a better feel for what we have. We can always tag him after that.

Re-sign if we can...
M. Gandy
D. Preston
C. Kelsay
A. Thomas
K. Thomas
A. Davis
A. Hargrove
C. Wire

Extend...
J. Losman
L. Evans

raphael120
01-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Priorities...

1) DT - Sign Warren Sapp (stop gap) plus round 4.
I think our DT's will be fine in the long run once they gain some experience and we get our gap filling LB's in order. I believe the Bills will be forced to adapt, improvise and overcome. Warren Sapp would make an excellent stopgap run stuffer on obvious running plays. He also has a motor and has been known for sacks and QB pressures up the middle. I think Tim Anderson may end up a casualty.

2) G - Sign Eric Steinbach plus round 3.
I think Villarrial's played his last game in a Bills uniform. He's injury prone and not that talented and isn't worth his $1.5M salary. I agree however that Preston is good for depth at any interior line position. Time to invest in a good free agent here.

3) LB - Sign Lance Briggs and/or Adalius Thomas and/or Cato June and/or round 2 (Any 2 is good).
I don't think Fletcher or Spikes will be worth the money... Could be time to move on. I do however have a rather unorthodox alternate move here... Sign D. Freeney and move A. Schobel to WLB. I think it might be a good move. I think Schobel roaming around back there might just be what the doctor ordered. I believe he could be a Bryce Paup type. But the formula doesn't work without Freeney on the edge. Schobel runs a 4.68, which is comparable to Spikes at 4.65 and Crowell at 4.66. Plus with Schobel's previous zone blitz experience, he has some cover skills to build on. I think that's the beauty of it all. By having him roam around, he can get in the backfield from many different angles. Teams would definatly be pre-occupied with where he lines up and what he might do. Meanwhile we'd have steady pressure from Freeney. Don't forget also that the Denney/Kelsay combo produced 13 sacks this season.

4) CB - Sign Asante Samuel or round 2.
I question Clement’s heart. Where was he for a season and a half? Do you think he only played hard these last 8 games to secure his payday? Do you think he's worth an average of $10M per year? Or would Asante Samuel at an average of $7M per year be a better fit?

5) #2 WR - Sign Drew Bennet or round 1 (*Calvin Johnson, *Dwayne Jarrett or Jeff Samardzjia) (*Will require moving up).
I feel that a large possession WR (we have plenty of smaller speedy guys) and a TE with better hands would make this offense sing. I like Samardzjia. I don't want him though if he's gonna be a part timer baseball)... And that includes OTA's!!! I would settle for him but would rather have Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett. It would probably take both WM and TKO with our #1 to get us into top 5 for Calvin Johnson. But our #1 with TKO should move us up enough to snag Dwayne Jarrett. There are some who say we could sit where we are and maybe still get Jarrett. But I feel that the free agent WR class is weak this year... Therefore more teams will be looking at the draft for their WR needs.

6) TE - Sign Eric Johnson or Tony Gonzalez plus round 6.
Royal paired with Johnson or Gonzales would be a great tandem... Not to mention Ceislak as the 3rd. I think Everett may be odd man out. I am a bit concerned about Johnson staying healthy. Furthermore, I'd like to see Neufeld as our FB and Josh Reed as a WR and 3rd down RB. Let Shelton and S. Williams walk.

7) QB - Round 7 (3rd string).
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>
8) RB - Re-sign A-train and convert Josh Reed to a slash player.
Like Clements, I question Mcgahee’s heart. He signed a contract through 2007; maybe it would be better to make him play it out so we can get a better feel for what we have. We can always tag him after that.

Re-sign if we can...
M. Gandy
D. Preston
C. Kelsay
A. Thomas
K. Thomas
A. Davis
A. Hargrove
C. Wire

Extend...
J. Losman
L. Evans

you forget one small thing....

this administration is not into big name signings.

kgun12
01-06-2007, 03:08 PM
I think one of our biggest needs on the offensive side of the ball is RB. Willis didn't even get 1000 yards. That a 62.2 yard average for 16 games! By comparision just look at Julius Jones of Dallas, most of the year he split time with Barber III. Jones finished with 1084 yards, which doesn't sound that impressive BUT! In the last 6 games he topped 40 yards only once, and over the last 3 games he got a total of 91 yads. Mcgahee missed 2 games, but got most of the carries when he did play. I question his heart (4th and 1 doesn't get it and then says he didn't know it was 4th and one). There is a good group of RB's coming out, I wouldn't draft one in the 1st round cause I am a believer in the RB's are a dime a dozen theory, but I would be picking one late on day one or early day 2. I think we can fill some of our needs through FA, fix the line or improve it might be a better way to say it and any quality back can run behind it! Ask Denver! I just don't think Willis is it.

SABURZFAN
01-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Priorities...

Extend...
J. Losman

:ill:

Yasgur's Farm
01-06-2007, 04:37 PM
:ill:Come on SAB... You're not licking yet? Come to nuthugvia and be a part of da lick'n fest.

SABURZFAN
01-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Come on SAB... You're not licking yet? Come to nuthugvia and be a part of da lick'n fest.

:ill:

Yasgur's Farm
01-06-2007, 04:50 PM
:ill:You said you were gonna wait until the end of the season to come out... What's it gonna be?

SABURZFAN
01-06-2007, 04:55 PM
You said you were gonna wait until the end of the season to come out... What's it gonna be?

just think of it as a sneak preview. :snicker:

ParanoidAndroid
01-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Besides Steinbach, Derrick Dockery would also be someone to look at to replace Villarreal and Jordan Black would most certainly be an upgrade over Pennington.
There's actually a healthy list of free agent O-linemen out there that could help us out.

Robaire Smith could play in the one-gap spot in a rotation and should not be a pricey FA. Having a healthy McCargo will also help Tripplett stay fresh and improve the line by default.

Spikes was looking much better towards the end of the year when he probably should have been showing fatigue. That tells me he will be ready to play next year. The more I've looked into it, the more I have come to realize that we must get faster at MLB and Patrick Willis would be a great pick for us at #12.

Something tells me, though, that CB will end up being the pick and we will have to look for a quick athletic MLB later. Usually, they can be found. There is a huge dropoff after HB Blades at the mike position, however, and hoping he will be around in round 2 might not be reasonable.

This year, luck might have it that CB is fairly deep and immediate help can be found in round 2. I think Aaron Ross could be that guy. Some have even said Paul Oliver is undervalued and could be a steal late on day one.

No matter how you slice it, it's going to be difiicult to fill the holes on defense and the O-line in one offseason.

kernowboy
01-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Our needs and possible options to fill them

COMMENTS WELCOME

OG - resign Mike Gandy, sign David Diehl (6ft5, 319lbs) from NYG
Merz and Preston can provide cover. Steinbach will be overpriced
OT - draft a LT capable player in the 3rd (Doug Free?)
we need decent cover if Peters goes down injured. Pennington and a filled out Brad Butler can handle the RT
FB - move Cieslak here. Also have a look at sign TJ Duckett (6ft, 254lbs) who could become an Mike Alstott
WR - draft Jason Hill WR in R4
He had a poor senior season but is still quality
RB - resign A-Train and pick up a 3rd down RB in the draft maybe the 6th
if we decide to move on McGahee, Duckett can handle RB duties with A-Train and we can draft Slaton in R1, 2008
QB - bring in Pat Ramsay, a proven big armed back up
Holcomb is now a waste of roster place, Nall is too unproven
TE - sign Dan Graham, and cut Everett
leaves us with Royal, Graham, Neufeld and maybe also Cieslak = 2x TE
DE - if we cannot get Kerney, resign both Hargrove and Kelsay
DT - cut Anderson, draft Amobi Okoye NT
FA is very poor here, lets not waste money on a has been but draft a youngster. I'd also draft a prospect like Damion DeRosia (6ft6 325lbs)
LB - with Fletcher likely leave and TKO maybe, sign Matt Wilhelm MLB from the Chargers and draft a top LB, possibly Paul Poslusny
Gives us a corps of Posluzny-Wilhelm-Crowell with Ellison as first reserve
DB - sign Mike Rumph if clements leaves. Also resign K.Thomas
leaves us with starting CBs of McGee and Youboty/Rumph and Thomas + Greer as backups. I would cut Bowen loose and keep Leonhard and Wire as backups

So a FA of

Matt Wilhelm MLB (replacing Fletcher)
David Diehl RG (Villarial)
Pat Ramsay QB (Holcomb)
Dan Graham TE (Everett)
TJ Duckett RB/FB (Shelton maybe even McGahee)
Mike Rumph CB (Clements)
and maybe a big pick up of Patrick Kerney (Kelsay or Hargrove)

and a draft of
R1 Posluzny (trade down + R3) (replacing TKO)
R1/2 Okoye (trade up with R2 and R3) (replacing Anderson)
xR3 OL maybe Doug Free (Reyes)
R4 Jason Hill WR (Aitken or Davis)
R6 Garrett Wolfe or Clifton Dawson (Shaud Williams)
R7 Damion DeRosia (Jefferson or practice squad)

Not a flashly upgrade but a solid one with upside IMHO