PDA

View Full Version : London's replacement

Kerr
01-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Top 3 FA linebackers are all OLB's who could play MLB. Which one do you think would be the best fit at MLB for this team?

Boss Bailey
Cato June
Lance Briggs

bigbub2352
01-05-2007, 12:24 PM
I think we will move angelo crowell back to inside or TKO in the middle do to his lack of mobility, and we will be looking to get an OLB i would luv Lance Briggs, Cato JUne is soft, and Boss bailey is injury prone
i would luv the middle LB from PSU Paul Paszynski

bigbub2352
01-05-2007, 12:25 PM
I think we will move angelo crowell back to inside or TKO in the middle do to his lack of mobility, and we will be looking to get an OLB i would luv Lance Briggs, Cato JUne is soft, and Boss bailey is injury prone
i would luv the middle LB from PSU Paul Paszynski,

Crisis
01-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Pickup Boss Bailey then Tank Williams.

Takeo, Boss, and Tank.

Sounds pretty badass to me.

bigbub2352
01-05-2007, 12:28 PM
i would luv the middle LB from PSU Paul Paszynski, cowincedence

bigbub2352
01-05-2007, 12:28 PM
i would luv the middle LB from PSU Paul Paszynski, cowincedence Conlan

Night Train
01-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Everyone will wants Briggs, including the Bears who may Franchise him.

Is Thomas of Baltimore still a FA ? If so, I'd throw $$ towards him. He's huge and uber productive.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187661

The last buffalo fan
01-05-2007, 12:47 PM

I like Paszynski, he is the C. Spielman bigger version. :up:

BillsNick
01-05-2007, 01:12 PM
i would luv the middle LB from PSU Paul Paszynski,

You can say that again!

i would luv the middle LB from PSU Paul Paszynski

You can say that again!

i would luv the middle LB from PSU Paul Paszynski, cowincedence

You can say that again!

You can say that again!

The King
01-05-2007, 01:15 PM
TKO will most likely move inside.

bigbub2352
01-05-2007, 01:45 PM
sorry got excited with my first post, i think depending on offseason moves we could use our 12 pick to get our MLB of the future and i luv the kid form PSU, and i also lie the idea of moving TKO in, plus if we dont go FA for a replacement we should use the money to try and sign Steinbach from CInncinnati

BillsNick
01-05-2007, 01:49 PM
sorry got excited with my first post, i think depending on offseason moves we could use our 12 pick to get our MLB of the future and i luv the kid form PSU, and i also lie the idea of moving TKO in, plus if we dont go FA for a replacement we should use the money to try and sign Steinbach from CInncinnati

You can say that again!

:snicker:

BILLSROCK1212
01-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Top 3 FA linebackers are all OLB's who could play MLB. Which one do you think would be the best fit at MLB for this team?

Boss Bailey
Cato June
Lance Briggs
Boss Bailey is most likely becuase of Jauron being the defensive coordinator in Detroit last year as well as the interim head coach

kernowboy
01-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Matt Wilhelm of the Chargers. A Buckeye 6ft4, 247lbs .. draft Posluzny and we can trade down to do this, allowing us to manoevre for Amobi Okoye at NT in the draft as well.

At Guard pick up David Deihl. Can play LG, and RG. Not as heralded as Steinbach but a decent pass protector and a better run blocker

Ingtar33
01-05-2007, 03:32 PM
I don't think we need to sign a FA LB... i like Crowell, Spikes and Ellison over anything those guys could bring (except Briggs... and he's not worth what hell be paid.)

I like the two LBs from Penn State (Paszynski, Collins) and the guy from miss state (Miller), any of the three would slide into that group without any problem, two of the three would make fine MLB, and the other a great OLB

ParanoidAndroid
01-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Do you guys mean Paul Paszynski from South Buffalo or Paul Posluszny?

Devin
01-05-2007, 05:34 PM

lol i was thinking the same.

Kerr
01-05-2007, 05:36 PM
The other scenario like some have already mentioned is move Spikes back to mlb, keep crowell on one side and sign someone like boss bailey. I feel briggs will be the most sought out linebacker in FA and will come $$$$. I don't think Marv will be looking to spend a lot of moolah on a linebacker. Bailey could come the cheapest. He's probably the fastest out of all them too.

Philagape
01-05-2007, 05:39 PM
I think we take a LB in the first round. He could start this year if needed, and if that's not needed this year, it will be soon

Dantheman1280
01-05-2007, 06:22 PM
The Bills could pick up Buster Davis in the second round! He will be a stud!!!

PECKERWOOD
01-06-2007, 12:36 PM
You can say that again!

You can say that again!

You can say that again!

You can say that again!

You can say that again!

raphael120
01-06-2007, 02:33 PM
I really dont like the idea of Crowell playing on the inside, he is a solid player but he is not an animal. and MLB is one of the positions where you need a stud, see merrimen, urlacher, etc. and they both run in the cover 2 scheme. we need to pick up the best LB available for our top pick, either that or trade down and pick up the best LB available and also a CB.

kernowboy
01-06-2007, 06:10 PM
We sign Matt Wilhelm (6ft4, 247lbs) from the Chargers for the MLB spot and trade down in R1 to pick up Paul Polsuzny who can replace TKO at SLB ... this will garnish us an extra Day1 pick which cut let us manoevre for Amobi Oboye NT

We have instantly upgraded the run defence.

ParanoidAndroid
01-07-2007, 07:21 PM
I really dont like the idea of Crowell playing on the inside, he is a solid player but he is not an animal. and MLB is one of the positions where you need a stud, see merrimen, urlacher, etc. and they both run in the cover 2 scheme. we need to pick up the best LB available for our top pick, either that or trade down and pick up the best LB available and also a CB.

Merriman is an OLB in a 3-4. Crowell has the size and speed needed to man the middle in this scheme. Patrick Willis would be even better.

Bert102176
01-08-2007, 12:58 AM
I wouldn't mind drafting patrick willis lb

DarbyTheDinosaur
01-08-2007, 05:52 AM
I'm not going to pretend I know a lot about available linebackers...but I watched about 4-5 Colts games this year and I know this much...Cato June sucks. He can't tackle in the open field to save his life and is way worse in pass coverage than Fletcher.

I distinctly remember Rudi Johnson carrying him about 5 yards and then shedding him before picking up an additional 15-20 yards. No to June!

Saratoga Slim
01-08-2007, 08:41 AM
I'm not going to pretend I know a lot about available linebackers...but I watched about 4-5 Colts games this year and I know this much...Cato June sucks. He can't tackle in the open field to save his life and is way worse in pass coverage than Fletcher.

I distinctly remember Rudi Johnson carrying him about 5 yards and then shedding him before picking up an additional 15-20 yards. No to June!

Yeah, I used to be an advocate of signing June, but the more I've paid attention to him, the less impressed I am.

I'll take Briggs, but in the odd chance that the Bears do let him go, he'll be $$$$, probably more than he's worth. Other than Briggs, I'm not really seeing anyone in FA that I'd rather have than Fletcher or even Spikes/Crowell/Ellison.

As I've said before, I could be OK with Spikes/Crowell/Ellison if Spikes returns to form. But if we're going to pick up another LB, and I'm in favor of it as insurance against Spikes possibly not fully recovering, I think it should be in the draft. At this early stage, I like Posluszny and Willis, but I'm willing to bet that a couple other guys emerge as strong 2nd-3rd round talents, which might be a better place to pick a LB considering our needs

X-Era
01-08-2007, 05:07 PM
The Bills could pick up Buster Davis in the second round! He will be a stud!!!

Oustanding player but WAY undersized. If the recent comments about wanting to be bigger are true, then this guy would be the last LB they would want.

Marvelous
01-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Not sure many will agree but shouldn't we get our MLB in the 2nd or 3rd? Look at last years hyped MLB- D'Qwell Jackson. He went top of teh 2nd and played decent for a bad team/bad defense etc... Not sure how Jackson compares to the tealent,hype of this years inside LB's but it's IMHO that we get a guard or NT in the 1st..Maybe even trade down since we need Guard,NT,MLB,CB BAD Thoughts?

Meathead
01-08-2007, 08:44 PM
the polish guy

Typ0
01-08-2007, 09:07 PM
nothing against LF because he's a good player and a stand up guy but he's just not fit to this system and will cost too much to keep on the squad if we take minutes away...but I'm not sure there are good alternatives either.

Marvelous
01-09-2007, 03:08 AM
Typo, Flecth is good for our system. I dunno why people keep saying that he's not... I agree that if we could get a better MLB we would be well..well a better defense..But Flecther is a pro bowl alternate now for years..

If we get a BIG dominant NT Fletch would be A-W-E-S-O-M-E...Lets not forget how fast he is too...Who else recalls him chasing down Santana Moss when Moss was a Jet? It was open field..That play really impressed me..I bought a Fletch jersey that week on ebay..

on the flipside----What if we could move Crowell to MLB.?.?.?.?.?.?.? He has the wheels and awareness..Just not sure if he's good enough againstteh run..Esp in tough short yardage like 3rd &1 or 4th &1 etc...With Crowell in the middle then we could start Ellison..OR Ellison could share time with a FA or rookie...There's NO-WAY we are getting BRIGGS..I wonder if CHI even lets him leave...
I just dont see MLB a bigger priority then NT..No way! I see us using FA to fill LB better then we could use FA to get the NT we need... Run support is why we didn't goto the playoffs...

TigerJ
01-09-2007, 10:44 AM
I hope the Bills don't draft Posluzny out of Penn State. I can't stand the thought of you guys butchering the name for the next ten years. LOL

TigerJ
01-09-2007, 10:47 AM
I saw this somewhere, and mentioned it in another thread. Kawika Mitchell, KC middle linebacker. He's been very productive this year for KC and he's the under the radar kind of player Buffalo showed the propensity to sign last year.

Night Train
01-09-2007, 10:50 AM
I hope the Bills don't draft Posluzny out of Penn State. I can't stand the thought of you guys butchering the name for the next ten years.

:rofl: