PDA

View Full Version : Hargrove>Kelsay

User Manuel
01-05-2007, 01:00 PM
I like Hargrove at the end opposite Schobel. I like his energy and he has had pass rush success before in his career.

Do you guys think he is an answer at LE.

Also, what about Kyle Williams. think he is quick enough to play end, especially on first and second down. The added size may help our run defense?

Thoughts?

justasportsfan
01-05-2007, 01:02 PM
what makes him better than Kelsay other than he pumps up the fans?

User Manuel
01-05-2007, 01:04 PM
I guess I should have put it more this way. Is Hargrove > Kelsay?

raphael120
01-05-2007, 01:04 PM
theyre all average DE's, the only thing is, Hargrove is a bit younger and has more upside than Kelsay...

Devin
01-05-2007, 01:11 PM
I agree, id like to see Hargrove there. Least a shot anyway.

cocamide
01-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Hargrove still needs some more experience at the d-end position. He played QB and safety in highschool, and I think he only played 2 years in college. He's got the athleticism to be real good, I just think he needs the playing experience at the d-end position.

BILLSROCK1212
01-05-2007, 02:14 PM
id still love to resign Kelsay either way

Mahdi
01-05-2007, 02:30 PM
id still love to resign Kelsay either way
I think we need an upgrade over Kelsay...I didnt see much of him in the second half of the season.

HHURRICANE
01-05-2007, 02:36 PM
I like Hargrove at the end opposite Schobel. I like his energy and he has had pass rush success before in his career.

Do you guys think he is an answer at LE.

Also, what about Kyle Williams. think he is quick enough to play end, especially on first and second down. The added size may help our run defense?

Thoughts?

YES!!!!!

HHURRICANE
01-05-2007, 02:37 PM
what makes him better than Kelsay other than he pumps up the fans?

He's not white.

RockStar36
01-05-2007, 02:49 PM
I'd prefer that they re-sign Kelsay.

Goobylal
01-05-2007, 02:52 PM
I'd like them to re-sign Kelsay, but for no more than Denney got. And they need to tender Hargrove and keep him around.

As for Kyle Williams playing end, no way. He needs to add bulk and strength to become a complete and dominating DT.

justasportsfan
01-05-2007, 03:09 PM
He's not white.

Okay, Jesse Jackson.

HHURRICANE
01-05-2007, 03:21 PM
I'd prefer that they re-sign Kelsay.

I'm pretty much of the mind set that mediocre isn't what we need to get to the next step. I've seen enough to tell me that we need somebody better on the other side of Schobel. Kelsay will never demand a double team which means an extra guy available to block for the run.

justasportsfan
01-05-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm pretty much of the mind set that mediocre isn't what we need to get to the next step. I've seen enough to tell me that we need somebody better on the other side of Schobel. Kelsay will never demand a double team which means an extra guy available to block for the run.the rotation is fine. If you add both Denneys and Kelsays sacks and pressure they would be up there in the league. The Dt is the problem , not our De's.

Saratoga Slim
01-05-2007, 03:38 PM
the rotation is fine. If you add both Denneys and Kelsays sacks and pressure they would be up there in the league. The Dt is the problem , not our De's.

I'm inclined to agree. The question is if we should stick with the Denny/Kelsey rotation, or go to a Denney/Hargrove rotation.

justasportsfan
01-05-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm inclined to agree. The question is if we should stick with the Denny/Kelsey rotation, or go to a Denney/Hargrove rotation.why can't we keep Kelsay and Hargrove and get rid of Anderson?

Let them fight for the job at camp. The more competition the better.

Yasgur's Farm
01-06-2007, 08:03 AM
why can't we keep Kelsay and Hargrove and get rid of Anderson?

Let them fight for the job at camp. The more competition the better.Exactly... While Hargrove may very well be better than Kelsay, why do we need to lose him. He and Denney combined for 13 sacks in 2006. That's better than the Bills got out of the left end position with Phil Hansen!

Our DE's are not the problem... It's #1 our LB's and #2 our DT's lack of combined experience. As we get LB's that can fill gaps and as our DT's gain experience we'll be fine. We should bring in a stop gap vet like Warren Sapp to stick his finger in the lesbia... I mean dyke.

BillsFever21
01-06-2007, 08:08 AM
Hargrove is our current Bills player that a lot of fans fall in love with and proclaim him to be better then he has been.

We always have one or more of these players. This is the newest flavor of the year. Kyle Williams was the player at the begining of the year.

HHURRICANE
01-06-2007, 10:24 AM
the rotation is fine. If you add both Denneys and Kelsays sacks and pressure they would be up there in the league. The Dt is the problem , not our De's.

Poeple, people, people. One more time. One player with 10-13 sacks is 10X better than 2 with 13-14. WE NEED A PLAYER THAT COMMANDS SOME ATTENTION. Your argument is the equivalent of 2 receivers that combined equal 1,000 yards. GEEZ. WE NEED AN UPGRADE!!

justasportsfan
01-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Poeple, people, people. One more time. One player with 10-13 sacks is 10X better than 2 with 13-14. WE NEED A PLAYER THAT COMMANDS SOME ATTENTION. Your argument is the equivalent of 2 receivers that combined equal 1,000 yards. GEEZ. WE NEED AN UPGRADE!!

Wouldn't mind an upgrade if we had a stud DT. WE don't. Both the bills and colts had the same problem but Kelsay+ Denney was way better than Freeney by himself.

patmoran2006
01-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Hargrove does equal Kelsay.

Problem is neither should equal starter.

One of our top priorities, IMO is finding a complete DE who is just as strong if not stronger in stopping the RUN as pass rushing.

Look, until we improve that run defense we're going to lose games. Thats why I wouldnt pay Freeney a boatload of money either. Sure our pass rush would be sick, but who cares when teams dont have to throw the ball cause they run it up and down the field.

TigerJ
01-06-2007, 11:21 AM
I don't think Buffalo is ready to dump any of their DEs. I think Hargrove is in the mix and will have a chance to compete for the starting position. He's a little stronger than Kelsay without sacrificing quickness. According to Coach Sal, who is personally acquainted with him, he could be a liability in the running game.

justasportsfan
01-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Schobel, Denney and Kelsay have played their best this year compared to their past. This is their first year in the new system. Get someone else to plug the middle they will even better better in their second year in the same system. I don't mind the rotation either because it keeps them fresh and can wear down tackles .

If a stud DE goes down to injruy we could be in trouble . We have more pressing needs than DE's.

Stewie
01-06-2007, 11:50 AM

I disagree. All things being equal, I think the rotation is better if you get the same production out of a position. Healthy players in a rotation are fresher and you don't lose as much performance when a guy gets hurt.

Of course, all things are never "equal" .