PDA

View Full Version : Foxsports 1st round mock draft

Kerr
01-05-2007, 06:02 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6336760

Even if they do get that big run stuffer in FA, etc they could go this route anyway.

Discuss.

ublinkwescore
01-05-2007, 06:23 PM
I don't know anything about him - is he the best DT in the draft?

is he good vs. the run?

Can he step in and start immediately?

ublinkwescore
01-05-2007, 06:24 PM
get me a link with more info on the guy.

dolphan117
01-05-2007, 06:28 PM
<table class="bgBdr" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bgD"><td align="center">10.</td> <td align="center">Falcons (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=1)</td> <td align="center"><id>Dwayne Jarrett</id></td> <td align="center">WR</td> <td align="center">USC</td> <td align="center">Junior</td> <td align="center">11th</td> <td align="center">http://msn.foxsports.com/id/2955960(+1)</td> <td align="center">10th / 11th</td> </tr> <tr class="bgC"> <td colspan="9"> http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/NFL/TeamLogo/Medium/1.gif (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=1)Keyshawn Johnson said Jarrett's not ready for the NFL. He's wrong. The All-American stepped up in yet another big stage game on Monday, hauling in 11 catches for 205 yards and two touchdowns in the Rose Bowl. He did most of that with All-American cornerback Leon Hall covering him. No brainer here for the Falcons. Jarrett, unlike past first-round picks Roddy White and Michael Jenkins, is a true No. 1 wide receiver.</td></tr></tbody></table> I would laugh so hard if that happens. First they trade a first rounder to you guys for Price, then they take Roddy White and Michael Jenkins in the first and trade a second for Lelie. Now they take Jarrett at number 10?

Tatonka
01-05-2007, 06:58 PM
holy ****..the pats have 3 ****ing first rounders? they always have a boat load of picks.

Dozerdog
01-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Cleveland should use their #1 on Adrian Peterson, Troy Smith will be there in Rd#2 if they won't go with Frye

Devin
01-05-2007, 07:14 PM
I would LOVE to see Dorsey here. That kid is a freak.

Move Hargrove to LE where he can eat up what Dorsey doesnt.

mybills
01-05-2007, 07:19 PM
What's with all the Juniors?

ublinkwescore
01-05-2007, 08:18 PM
holy ****..the pats have 3 ****ing first rounders? they always have a boat load of picks.

The stupid ****ing Seahawks are partially to blame - those bastards overpaid for Deion Branch - I hope they get eliminated really freakin' soon and they learn from that mistake.

I hate Dallas too - but I want them to eliminate the seapidgeons for panicking - and hurting us for god knows how many years.

eyedog
01-05-2007, 08:29 PM
This guys high. Weddle is not going in the 1st rd. and Brohm if he comes out will be a 1st rder.

Demon
01-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Dorsey 12th overall?? Very doubtful. I don't even think he will go in the first round.

casdhf
01-05-2007, 09:01 PM
holy ****..the pats have 3 ****ing first rounders? they always have a boat load of picks. It says Jets ... I think tFox is just trying to give the Pats more help

TigerJ
01-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Dorsey's measurables are OK, but not great. I haven't seen him play much at all. Someone would have to do some powerful convincing before I'd want him at #12

Coach Sal
01-05-2007, 10:57 PM

No, that's a mistake.

They used the Pats logo for the Jets pick accidentally.

The Pats have two first rounders.

kgun12
01-05-2007, 11:29 PM
I like a DT here also, but Paul Posluszny would look awful good in a Bills uniform to! I know he isn't projected that high, but maybe we drop down a little and get another pic.

Devin
01-06-2007, 01:37 AM
Dorsey's measurables are OK, but not great. I haven't seen him play much at all. Someone would have to do some powerful convincing before I'd want him at #12

Dorsey is a first year all-american at DT. The Tiger defense was #1 for a reason. As a huge LSU fan I saw a lot of this guy, part of the reason he is hyped so much right now is he is a DE in a DT's body. I mean physically just very impressive, very strong and quick.

12 maybe a little high but not far off.

Mr. Cynical
01-06-2007, 02:48 AM
"6-2, 300-pound beast"

I dunno, but my definition of beast is a bit larger than that.....

wbat27
01-06-2007, 02:54 AM
Save that mock draft so we can laugh at it later

Night Train
01-06-2007, 06:16 AM
The huge DT Alan Branch of Michigan would be the dream. If he's gone, then DT Okoye of Louisville is the only other true clogger in the middle. Only 6-1 but an uber strong 318 with unlimited upside at age 20.

If both are gone, then the massive G Blalock of Texas would be the next best thing. Stick the Mike Williams references because of Texas. This guy has a nasty streak and just moves people out at 330 lbs. The polar opposite of Williams.

Start building from the lines out with big bodies.

Yasgur's Farm
01-06-2007, 08:18 AM
I gotta say...
It's our DT's lack of experience that's the problem combined with LB's that can't fill gaps. You don't cure lack of experience with inexperience.

My perscription...
1) Sign Lance Briggs and/or Adalius Thomas and/or Cato June and/or round 2 (Any 2) to start for us next year.

2) Sign someone like Warren Sapp as a stop gap while our DT's gain experience.

3) Save our round 1 for a skill position where we have less of a need for immediate impact.

Start building from the lines out with big bodies.We've already started that by signing Larry Tripplett and drafting John McCargo and Kyle Williams... All we need to do is be patient for the results.

kernowboy
01-06-2007, 08:55 AM
I gotta say...
It's our DT's lack of experience that's the problem combined with LB's that can't fill gaps. You don't cure lack of experience with inexperience.

Mt perscription...
1) Sign Sign Lance Briggs and/or Adalius Thomas and/or Cato June and/or round (Any 2) to start for us next year.

2) Sign someone like Warren Sapp as a stop gap while our DT's gain experience.

3) Save our round 1 for a skill position where we have less of a need for immediate impact.

We've already started that by signing Larry Tripplett and drafting John McCargo and Kyle Williams... All we need to do is be patient for the results.

My solution

1) Sign Matt Wilhelm from the Chargers to play MLB. They are high on him but he's a UFA. Has considerable upside, no baggage and will be cheaper than those mentioned
2) Drop down get Posluzny and an extra R3 and then use that R3 and a R2 to move up for Okoye NT
3) Use our R3 on an appropriate OL

On the skills issue I think we have reasonable talent ... we need to get meat and potatoes men in the trenches and replace our aging and injured LB.

We can look at upgrading skills in 08 if necessary .. if we sign Dan Graham at TE, then we are as talented as most teams in all the skills positions ...RB (mcGahee, A-Train) and WR (Evans, Price, Reed, Parrish) .. with Graham and Royal together it gives the receiving height the WR may be missing.

Out biggest upgrade need in 08 will be RB followed by maybe a big WR

Philagape
01-06-2007, 09:35 AM
I like a DT here also, but Paul Posluszny would look awful good in a Bills uniform to! I know he isn't projected that high, but maybe we drop down a little and get another pic.

:up: This is my guy, and I don't think 12th is too high

http://www.ontheclockdraft.com/Paul_Posluszny/1174

Paul Posluszny has a great deal of experience against top competition, having started the past three seasons for Penn State in the Big Ten. Posluszny is an intense, instinctive linebacker with a non-stop motor. He is an intelligent player who is able to quickly read and react to what opposing offenses are doing. He has the ability to make plays sideline to sideline and he always seems to be around the football. He does a good job of using his hands to get off blocks and he takes good angles to the ballcarrier. He is a good open field tackler who displays excellent tackling technique. Posluszny has all the intangibles you could want in a football player. He is a leader both on and off the field and was a great student with outstanding character. Posluszny lacks great speed and change of direction ability. The knee injury he sustained in the 2006 Orange Bowl in which he had partial tears to both his MCL and his PCL could be a cause for concern. He seems to have returned his knee to 100% but you can count on teams checking it out thoroughly at the combine. Paul Posluszny could stay on the outside, but I think he would be better suited to play in the middle at the next level. Either way, he should be one of the top defensive players selected and a mid-first round pick in the 2007 NFL draft.

patmoran2006
01-06-2007, 10:57 AM
I think the Bills are going either LB or OT at 12.
Levi Brown would be a good pick and future Right Tackle.

That's who I"d take (at this point, **** changes once FA starts)

Rufus Alexander would be a good LB in this defense as well.

raphael120
01-06-2007, 02:47 PM
for our 12th pick, a monster MLB would help shore up the horrible run D

i just dont like drafting a OL in the first round...track record in the draft is theyre never worth the pick...pick up one in the 2nd, 3rd, none of this 6th, 7th round crap.