• Show
Clear All
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Could Roscoe Turn Into Steve Smith??

It sure would be nice!
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Could Roscoe Turn Into Steve Smith??

he'S not a long ball type of wr. He's super quick but not fast.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

No

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

No - only because Steve Smith is a complete freak of nature.

As for Roscoe, he's not Lee Evans fast, but he is fast - I think I heard Lee say he's the 3rd fastest guy on the team after himself and Davis (who are both ridiculously fast).

But he is bar none the shiftiest guy I have ever seen. I have never seen someone that is able to change direction like he does, its really unbelievable - he always looks like he's moving in fast forward, with everybody around him in slo-motion.

Comment

• jmb1099
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by JJamezz
          No - only because Steve Smith is a complete freak of nature.

As for Roscoe, he's not Lee Evans fast, but he is fast - I think I heard Lee say he's the 3rd fastest guy on the team after himself and Davis (who are both ridiculously fast).

But he is bar none the shiftiest guy I have ever seen. I have never seen someone that is able to change direction like he does, its really unbelievable - he always looks like he's moving in fast forward, with everybody around him in slo-motion.
          It really is quite amazing. I think what we need to do with Parrish is to get him the ball on some quick slants, quick outs etc. Put the ball in his hands and let him make plays.
          He has proven he can be clutch (I'm thinking of that catch vs Jacksonville), we just need more plays designed to get the ball to multiple playmakers. Losman to Evans is awesome, but Losman to Parrish has been great too. Much of the limitations may have been a direct result of Losman's growth and the limited playbook surrounding that, I guess like with everything else we will need to wait and see.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
            No
            So you hope.
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

You shouldn't even be mentioning Roscoe Parrish in the same paragraph as Steve Smith unless you are comparing a Ferrari and Porche. They are both really nice but the Ferrari is REALLY nice.

But I will say that Roscoe needs to be lined up in the backfield alongside the RB and FB. There are so many different things you could do with your offense with players like Roscoe.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by jamze132
                You shouldn't even be mentioning Roscoe Parrish in the same paragraph as Steve Smith unless you are comparing a Ferrari and Porche. They are both really nice but the Ferrari is REALLY nice.

But I will say that Roscoe needs to be lined up in the backfield alongside the RB and FB. There are so many different things you could do with your offense with players like Roscoe.
                The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jamze132

Terrible analogy with the Ferarri and Porsche - there's a lot of (tuned) Porsches that will smoke the average Ferarri (minus the Enzo - even then there are cars that will smoke it in any kind of racing) - and still cost considerably less, and Ferarri's aren't the best handling cars for the money spent. You are essentially paying for the cool fonted metal badge that says Ferarri and the stupid dancing horse.

Their interiors are nice, and they are beautiful on the outside, but there are so many other cars out there that offer so much more bang for the buck in terms of performance and handling and cost as much as a 1/4 less. See the car in my avatar - you could buy a Lotus Exige for like $45K-$55K and spend like $10K-$15K tuning it and you'd spank the crap out of a Ferarri F430 all day while getting close to 30 MPG driving it on the freeway on your way to the track. And the car in my avatar isn't ugly despite what LOG thinks.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by JJamezz

That's AWESOME that Davis is that fast and sucks as a receiver. Roscoe was a another Donohoe wasted pick but he seems to sneak in some decent plays. I think with a legitimate #2 he becomes the "weapon" that no one acounts for on the oppsing Defense. However, my fear is that he's on catch away from becoming the "who killed Kenny" player.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      That's AWESOME that Davis is that fast and sucks as a receiver. Roscoe was a another Donohoe wasted pick but he seems to sneak in some decent plays. I think with a legitimate #2 he becomes the "weapon" that no one acounts for on the oppsing Defense. However, my fear is that he's on catch away from becoming the "who killed Kenny" player.
                      For Roscoe to be able to play this game as long as he has, I think it must say something for the guy knowing how to protect himself on the field.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                        Terrible analogy with the Ferarri and Porsche - there's a lot of (tuned) Porsches that will smoke the average Ferarri (minus the Enzo - even then there are cars that will smoke it in any kind of racing) - and still cost considerably less, and Ferarri's aren't the best handling cars for the money spent. You are essentially paying for the cool fonted metal badge that says Ferarri and the stupid dancing horse.

Their interiors are nice, and they are beautiful on the outside, but there are so many other cars out there that offer so much more bang for the buck in terms of performance and handling and cost as much as a 1/4 less. See the car in my avatar - you could buy a Lotus Exige for like $45K-$55K and spend like $10K-$15K tuning it and you'd spank the crap out of a Ferarri F430 all day while getting close to 30 MPG driving it on the freeway on your way to the track. And the car in my avatar isn't ugly despite what LOG thinks.
                        I knew you were a car guy!! I'll put my Carrera 4s up against any Ferrari at the track. However, it's the Subaru that scares the **** out of me.(not joking, sarcasm off) By the way is that your car in the avatar?

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          I knew you were a car guy!! I'll put my Carrera 4s up against any Ferrari at the track. However, it's the Subaru that scares the **** out of me.(not joking, sarcasm off) By the way is that your car in the avatar?
                          I saw a video of a Subaru STI spanking a Lambo in the quarter mile on either myspace or youtube... - Someone was saying something like "the Lambo isn't a 1/4 mile car" on the comments section - last I checked Lamborghini makes some of it's models with all wheel drive - so that should take away the launch advantage the Subaru had. I think what happened was the Lamborghini driver didn't know how to launch - because that's where he lost the race at - the Subaru got the better launch and then the Lamborghini just couldn't recover - though he started reeling the Subi in - he just ran out of quartermile - he lost by like a yard at the most.

Your Porsche stock?

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                            • Sep 2002

No, that's not my car - but I am saving for one - hopefully with in 10 years, I should have enough to either buy a new one, or buy a used one and drop a new MR2 engine in it, or have Lotus send one over from England.

I love English sports cars - Noble, Lotus (ok, those are the only ones I really like - Aston Martin is more of a gas-hogging luxury car that is owned by Ford - I'll pass)

Noble and Lotus both use engines that can be tuned, and worked on by your every day mechanic shops - the Lotus uses the same engines used in Toyota MR2s and Celicas and the Noble (excluding the new M15 that's supposed to make it here this year) uses the same engine as the Mazda 6 or Ford Taurus's (Ford owns Mazda).

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                              I saw a video of a Subaru STI spanking a Lambo in the quarter mile on either myspace or youtube... - Someone was saying something like "the Lambo isn't a 1/4 mile car" on the comments section - last I checked Lamborghini makes some of it's models with all wheel drive - so that should take away the launch advantage the Subaru had. I think what happened was the Lamborghini driver didn't know how to launch - because that's where he lost the race at - the Subaru got the better launch and then the Lamborghini just couldn't recover - though he started reeling the Subi in - he just ran out of quartermile - he lost by like a yard at the most.

Your Porsche stock?
                              My buddy's STI 0-60 in 3.5 secs.

Once parrish is hit at the LOS , he's already lost. He's gotta be untouched . He's a quick slant , slot reciever who'll burn you once he has the ball.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X