PDA

View Full Version : I found this to be funny

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-07-2007, 12:05 PM
"They're not a banging team," Leafs winger Jeff O'Neill said. "When their skill guys go in the corner they've got to be punished to make them think twice about going in there again. The more we can do that, the more it is to our advantage."

The Sabres were criticized on local talk shows and fan message boards such as www.SabreFans.com for not being more physical in Friday night's 4-2 home loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070107/1066146.asp?tbd1066146.asp

mchurchfie
01-07-2007, 12:09 PM
We do need to be a little more physical just to send a message.

don137
01-07-2007, 12:15 PM
I agree a little more toughness would be nice but someone needs to tell Jeff O'Neil you can't hit what you cant catch. Maybe if the Leafs were a little faster they could catch them...

Nighthawk
01-07-2007, 01:57 PM
"They're not a banging team," Leafs winger Jeff O'Neill said. "When their skill guys go in the corner they've got to be punished to make them think twice about going in there again. The more we can do that, the more it is to our advantage."

The Sabres were criticized on local talk shows and fan message boards such as www.SabreFans.com for not being more physical in Friday night's 4-2 home loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070107/1066146.asp?tbd1066146.asp

Why is it funny? We aren't a banging team and those tactics have been used lately with good results. I think he is right...to an extent. This team needs to play harder at times and I do think that they might have put it on cruise control until the playoffs. Personally, I don't like how they have looked lately and I hope they can turn it up a bit. Yes, they're still in 1st place, but I want them to be in 1st at the end of the season...not now and I'm not sure that is possible with the way they have played as of late. Visions of Stanley Cups are dancing in my head...we'll see...Go Sabres!

BlackMetalNinja
01-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Why is it funny? We aren't a banging team and those tactics have been used lately with good results. I think he is right...to an extent. This team needs to play harder at times and I do think that they might have put it on cruise control until the playoffs. Personally, I don't like how they have looked lately and I hope they can turn it up a bit. Yes, they're still in 1st place, but I want them to be in 1st at the end of the season...not now and I'm not sure that is possible with the way they have played as of late. Visions of Stanley Cups are dancing in my head...we'll see...Go Sabres!

Friggen Exactly!!!

I've been saying all year we don't hit enough. I know that's not really our gamestyle, but compared to any other teams, are body checking is very weak and limited. We never finish guys in the corners or anything. Gaustad is probably the only real exception to this. Now granted, we're doing quite well without it, but a little more here and there wouldn't hurt either!

SabreEleven
01-07-2007, 09:32 PM
O'Neil is a frikkin genious :rolleyes:

We aren't a phyisical team. Now teams are playing us more phyisical and they are getting away with more intereference, hooking and holding to stay even with us and are getting away with it. The referee's are STARTing to go back to the old way without the league telling them to.

mchurchfie
01-08-2007, 01:43 AM
There was some serious interference going on in the Toronto game.