X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

Samuels vs Clements?

Samuels and Clements are the top two FA corners available this offseason.

Neither one made the pro bowl, but Samuels had 10 picks this season.

You don't hear a whole lot about Samuels, but he is a playmaker and looked really good today. He also doesn't seem to always keep saying he is the best in the league.

I wonder if the Bills could make a nice offer to clements, then after he rejects it, offer it to Samuels? Do it quick and try to steal him.

What do you guys think? Who is better? I like both, but Clements seems to want more money.
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

Re: Samuels vs Clements?

Doing well in the playoffs will certainly help Samuels marketability.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
      !?!?!?!?!?
      • Mar 2006

Samuels isnt better but isnt much worse so id take him becuase he will come for less money that way we can spend money on another big name FA

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

not much less. Samuels is going to get a pretty big payday himself.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• T-Long
          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
          • Sep 2003

Samuels is a better corner for INT, but Clements is a better overall corner (tackling, coverage combined)

Both are in for big pay days. Hopefully we can lock up one of them. I thought we would be ok by losing Clements with getting Youboty more time, but that obviously didn't happen this year for a number of reasons.

Comment

• Lexwhat
            • Feb 2005

SAMUEL

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Samuel made himself a boatload of $$ yesterday. ..which probably means we can't afford him.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

I still think Clements is better. He doesn't get as many interceptions because he doesn't get thrown at as often.

D & S Sports

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Why wouldn't the Pats just slap the franchise tag on Samuels? They surely don't want to lose him, and who's to say the won't give them the "hometown discount"? I'm sure he likes winning, and he can do a lot of that in NE given the weanesses in the divsion.

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

If he wants the money I doubt NE will give it to him. Look at prior examples of this.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by jamze132
                      Why wouldn't the Pats just slap the franchise tag on Samuels? They surely don't want to lose him, and who's to say the won't give them the "hometown discount"? I'm sure he likes winning, and he can do a lot of that in NE given the weanesses in the divsion.
                      Samuel has stated he wants to stay in NE because he loves his teammates, but he isn't going to take any discount. He isn't happy with the Pats offers so far, and has stated so.

I would think they will consider him as a Franchise candidate. Dan Graham may get considered for a franchise tag, as he is a much more important player than people realize, even if he doesn't catch a lot of passes.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by RockStar36
                        If he wants the money I doubt NE will give it to him. Look at prior examples of this.
                        This is a misconception. The Pats are willing to pay a player what they think his value is, even if they deem him worth being among the highest paid at their positions (like Brady and Seymour). If the Pats don't pay Samuel top dollar, it is because they feel he isn't worth it or what the tag will pay him.

However, if they don't think the player is worth what he can get on the open market, they are willing to walk away and get a comp picks the following year.

Comment

• BillsNick
                          • Jul 2003

I'd rather have Samuel, because he has dreads coming out of the back of his helmet, and we need someone that has those.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by BillsNick
                            I'd rather have Samuel, because he has dreads coming out of the back of his helmet, and we need someone that has those.
                            You have a point. The front office's failure to maintain at least one dreadlocked player on the roster is likely a primary factor in the league-wide perception of Buffalo as a behind the times franchise. It may very well be why we've had trouble signing free agents in the past several years. I'd pay Samuel double his market value based on this attribute alone.
                            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• BillsNick
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                              You have a point. The front office's failure to maintain at least one dreadlocked player on the roster is likely a primary factor in the league-wide perception of Buffalo as a behind the times franchise. It may very well be why we've had trouble signing free agents in the past several years. I'd pay Samuel double his market value based on this attribute alone.
                              Agreed. Times have changed, and we need to have players that have lots of dreads.

Atleast $20 million a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X