PDA

View Full Version : I hope the Fins hire Pete Carroll

Jeff1220
01-08-2007, 10:08 AM
In case you don't remember, he sucked as an NFL HC. His Jets team was terrible and his Patriots were underachievers who had no respect for him. Go ahead and make the hire Wayne.

Pride
01-08-2007, 12:55 PM
And Bellichek also sucked when he was the Browns Head Coach... watch what you wish for... sometimes the 2nd or 3rd time is the charm... Here's hoping to Jauron's 2nd time being better!

Night Train
01-08-2007, 12:58 PM
I can't believe this guy would want a 3rd shot at the NFL, after failing with the Jets and Pats.

What an ego.

OpIv37
01-08-2007, 12:59 PM
I hope the Dolphins hire him just to get him away from USC.

DynaPaul
01-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Pete Carroll was nothing more than an extra cheerleader as a head coach.

RockStar36
01-08-2007, 03:09 PM
While I agree that Pete Carroll sucked ass in the NFL before, I agree that we should be careful for what we wish for.

That being said, I don't think he goes anywhere. He would have to be pretty high/drunk/both to give up USC for the Fish.

The_Philster
01-08-2007, 03:20 PM
While I agree that Pete Carroll sucked ass in the NFL before, I agree that we should be careful for what we wish for.

That being said, I don't think he goes anywhere. He would have to be pretty high/drunk/both to give up USC for the Fish.
Yeah, anymore, college coaching is more desireable than NFL jobs

cocamide
01-08-2007, 03:38 PM
And Bellichek also sucked when he was the Browns Head Coach... watch what you wish for... sometimes the 2nd or 3rd time is the charm... Here's hoping to Jauron's 2nd time being better!

Cheers to that! :cheers:

RedEyE
01-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Pete Carrol isn't going to leave his swank little job in Southern California. He's had a taste of the NFL.

bluehaze
01-08-2007, 07:13 PM
I have to admit out of all the college coaches I would prefer Pete Carroll if that is the route we are going to go. The guy at least has experience in the NFL. He went 6-10 his first season with the Jets but he also Went 10-6, 9-7, 8-8 with the Pats and in 99 Bob Kraft said he regretted firing him during an interview at half time of the Rose Bowl. He said the guy was ahead of his time.

He has a winning record in the NFL albeit not the greatest, he has an incredible record of something like 65-12 in college.

At the very least, if we are going to pull anyone from the college ranks lI hope we at least pull one with HC experience so we don't have to be the guinea pig for another new up and coming college HC with no experience as a HC in the NFL.

He is definitely not my first choice but I wouldn't be as upset with the Phins hiring Carroll as I would with them hiring Mularkey or Capers just to keep continuity.

Carroll would certainly be better than Saban.

Jeff1220
01-08-2007, 07:44 PM
He went 6-10 his first season with the Jets but he also Went 10-6, 9-7, 8-8 with the Pats

They key there is that the Pats got progressively worse under his leadership after he inherited a decent team. He was a softy coach and the players ate him alive. Any NE fans care to elaborate on this with their insights?

bluehaze
01-08-2007, 08:03 PM
They key there is that the Pats got progressively worse under his leadership after he inherited a decent team. He was a softy coach and the players ate him alive. Any NE fans care to elaborate on this with their insights?

Absolutely, he's not my first choice however in the NFL the difference in teams makes the difference between 8-8 and 10-6 pretty much a moot point. I mean when the league is so tight that games are often lost on mishandled snaps (recently both Cincinatti and Dallas) How much difference is there between 8-8 and 10-6 from a head coaching standpoint?

Not to mention most head coaches have far worse records thier first few years in the NFL.

Like I said he's not my first choice but I wouldn't neccesarily be upset to have him either.

BlackMetalNinja
01-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Carrol would have to be the biggest f'n idiot if he were to take this job. He has it absolutely great at USC. Endless recruits, NFL type money, constantly winnging, etc... TO go back to the NFL where he has already failed, especially with the Dolphins in the shape they are currently in, would be nothing short of moronic.

HHURRICANE
01-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Let me make this easy for everyone. It doesn't matter who Miami hires. This team has no QB, a crappy O-line and an aging Defense. The worst case scenario would be Bill Cowher and it would be 2 years minmum before he would have a team worth coaching. If the Bills do well with free agency and the draft I think we will officially challenge for the division.

SoCalBillsFan
01-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Hey guys, I have couple contacts in the USC athletic department, both of whom said that Carroll did entertain the idea but has decided to remain at USC. He should announce this in a press conference tonight.

He could change his mind, but I don't think he will. Just a heads up, I'm no expert or anything but thought I'd pass along the info.

Stewie
01-09-2007, 08:19 PM
yeah, I read espn.com too.