X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Stay Classy, Nick Saban!

Nick Saban threw the Miami personnel department he hand-picked and ran roughshod over under the bus on the way out. Saban went on to imply that his personnel department didn't bring him that edge or the players he wanted. That's funny, he made the final decisions on personnel and said he personally scouted every player in the draft and in free agency with a 6.0 grade. According to a well-placed source in the organization, the personnel department could not even call a meeting unless he OK'd it.
    -- Boston Globe
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • Carlton Bailey

Re: Stay Classy, Nick Saban!

The guy should just quit and go live in his cabin "where they filmed Deliverance," as he said in his Alabama presser.

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

I have to admit. I hate to see him go...Nothing like Saban and Mularkey to laugh at twice a year...

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
        NJ In The House
        • Nov 2004

What he forsgets to mention is he hired the personal department!

Time To Ski!

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
          • Mar 2004

the thing that stings with a lot of this, was that I was a big fan, I liked his hard nosed attitude towards things, especially since Wanny let the teaqm get real soft. It seemed like he had a good plan established, but now after all of this has happened, I just don't like the guy anymore. I'm sure he will be a great coach for 'Bama, but he sure could've handled things a lot better on his way out. Plus he did bring Mularkey here. Sigh

On a side note, your guy's favorite Peter King, offered a coaching suggestion--hire Cowher on as a consultant, and have one of the others warm the seat until next year, as in MM or Capers. If that was to happen, let it be Capers, so we can rid ourselves of MM. I myself am a Cowher fan, but I'd rather go in a different direction, at this time either the buzz coaches in Whisenhunt (sp) or Cam.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
            the thing that stings with a lot of this, was that I was a big fan, I liked his hard nosed attitude towards things, especially since Wanny let the teaqm get real soft. It seemed like he had a good plan established, but now after all of this has happened, I just don't like the guy anymore. I'm sure he will be a great coach for 'Bama, but he sure could've handled things a lot better on his way out. Plus he did bring Mularkey here. Sigh

On a side note, your guy's favorite Peter King, offered a coaching suggestion--hire Cowher on as a consultant, and have one of the others warm the seat until next year, as in MM or Capers. If that was to happen, let it be Capers, so we can rid ourselves of MM. I myself am a Cowher fan, but I'd rather go in a different direction, at this time either the buzz coaches in Whisenhunt (sp) or Cam.
            Good idea from Shirley, but I'm not quite sure how the "interim" coach would appreciate the fact that Cower is off lingering in the shadows. Especially since both Mularkey and Capers have worked for him in the past. They know his history and his reputation well.

Comment

• bluehaze
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!

I never really liked Saban, he was a control freak, control freaks don't make good leaders. I watched everyone of Saban's press conferences this year and not once did I ever walk away thinking this guy had the team headed in the right direction. Every PC consisted of some philosophical blurbs about continuing to do the same thing and continuing to get the same results, everything was relative to this or relative to that. Basically everything a professional BS artist says.

Honestly I am glad the guy is gone, I was riduculed and berated on Fin Heaven for saying I thought Saban wasn't cut out for the pros and should go back to college earlier in the season and for saying he had done more harm than good for the team.

Funny how times change...

Comment

Working...
              X