PDA

View Full Version : Schumer, Goodell to talk about Bills

YardRat
01-08-2007, 02:42 PM
http://www.rbj.net/fullarticle.cfm?sdid=64187

Sen. Charles Schumer plans to meet Wednesday with National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell to discuss issues related to the Buffalo Bills, including the franchise’s financial viability here, the league’s plans for sharing revenues and the league’s television blackout policy.
“This meeting is another important step in our marathon effort to ensure that the Bills stay in Western New York, right where they belong,” Schumer, D-New York, said in a statement Monday.
“There are a lot of issues still to be resolved, but I am looking forward to working with Commissioner Goodell, and his staff, to ensure that all NFL teams, particularly small-market teams, are treated fairly.”

M
01-08-2007, 03:41 PM
:pray:

RedEyE
01-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Smoke and mirrors. The NFL is out to dismantle this team.

T-Long
01-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Im optimisitic. I can't even imagine the Bills leaving

THATHURMANATOR
01-08-2007, 04:15 PM
They won't leave!

PECKERWOOD
01-08-2007, 04:54 PM
I think we'll be fine.

DarbyTheDinosaur
01-10-2007, 10:56 AM
It's been said a million times, but I just need to say it as well.

Buffalo needs a new stadium...downtown. With that, all this moving talk goes away and Buffalo has a nice multi-purpose location.

I am from Buffalo but live in Baltimore. I've been to quite a few games up at The Ralph over the past few seasons and have a great time, every time. But I just went to M&T Bank Stadium for the Ravens-Bills game on New Year's...the place is gorgeous. And the location is great, too. Baltimore's rejuvenation (of the Inner Harbor, at least) was completed with the two downtown stadiums...it's palces like these that become your cornerstones.

The only drawback to Baltimore's place is the parking policy...you need a permit to park in stadium lots...apparently tailgating is only for the priviliged. I love the big open general admission parties up in WNY...you can't beat it.