• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

All-Pro Team

LaDainian Tomlinson, Jason Taylor and Champ Bailey capped superb seasons by unanimously making The Associated Press NFL All-Pro team announced Monday.

I was a little upset to see that Marvin beat out Reggie Wayne, his teammate who had a better year, even though I'm a Cuse fan, basically because it shows how much of a beauty contest this damn thing is.

That being said, its good to see guys like Kevin Williams, as well as Drew Brees, who may not be the biggest celebrities at their position still make it. Still, how does Jammal Williams make it with 2 sacks, and Warren Sapp, who had 10, albeit with fewer tackles, not make it? Its gotta be the Raiders putrid record.

My biggest beef, however, is Schobel not beating out Peppers. Schobel had him in sacks, but Peppers got the nod. I had no problem with Taylor making it, but damn man, so sick of it.

• Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: All-Pro Team

Moorman
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
      http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2724228

I was a little upset to see that Marvin beat out Reggie Wayne, his teammate who had a better year, even though I'm a Cuse fan, basically because it shows how much of a beauty contest this damn thing is.
      Harrison had 95 receptions for 1366 yards, 12 TDs, a long of 68 yards and an average of 14.4 yards per catch. Wayne had 86 receptions for 1310 yards, 9 TDs, a long of 51 yards and an average of 15.2 yards per catch.

I guess because Wayne was better in one category, that he had a "better year."

Marvin Harrison had another great season, and has been consistently the best receiver in football for the last 10 years. I don't think he's All Pro because of a "beauty contest."
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Chad Johnson doesn't deserve to be on it. His season was mostly mediocre with a few monster games to skew his stats. For most of the season, Houshmandzadeh was the more productive receiver in Cincy.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• B-DON
          hi
          • Mar 2004

couldnt we say the same about evans then

Comment

Working...
          X