• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Bills thoughts about Fletcher

Though he wasn't happy about it, we hear the reason the Bills didn't offer to extend MLB London Fletcher's contract beyond this season is that they want to get bigger and younger in the middle. Also, we hear the Bills want a middle 'backer who makes more tackles at, or near, the line of scrimmage than the undersized Fletcher did.

More and more reasoning for the Bills to be targeting a LB in the 1st round this year. Posluszny and Willis may fall to 12.
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills thoughts about Fletcher

link?
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• T-Long
      • Sep 2003

The reason I didn't post the link is b/c its from ESPN Insider. Here it is just in case it will work for non-subscribers.

Link

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

If 330 lb. DT Branch of Michigan or 320 lb. DT Okoye of Lousivile are there and we take a 230 lb. LB in Willis, I'll scream. Same if the massive 336 lb. Guard Blalock of Texas is there.

A dominant O or D lineman. HOW MANY YEARS ARE WE GOING TO IGNORE IT ?? There is Tommie Harris...pass..there is Vince Wilfolk...pass....ARRRRGGH !

That's why the Pats stay at the top. Hey look, there is Ty Warren. Lets pick him. Hey look, there is Richard Seymour. Let's pick him. There is Vince Wilfolk. Let's pick him.

They don't care how many good lineman they have. They keep picking more and keep WINNING ! What a concept !

I'm sensing a pattern. Pick talented lineman high and the playoffs become the norm.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tlong8212
          The reason I didn't post the link is b/c its from ESPN Insider. Here it is just in case it will work for non-subscribers.

Link
          well...whether we can access the link or not, a link definitely has to be provided...giving credit to the author...copyright laws and all
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• T-Long
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
            well...whether we can access the link or not, a link definitely has to be provided...giving credit to the author...copyright laws and all

I thought I did give credit by stating: "Per ESPN Insider"

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

I thought I did give credit by stating: "Per ESPN Insider"
              ahh..ok..I use the new posts option...didn't see that

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

I guess ESPN makes you pay for stories they steal from free sites.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                  http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...ispers2127.htm

I guess ESPN makes you pay for stories they steal from free sites.

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

they used to give you insider for free if you played in one of their pay leagues that only gave you a damn tshirt for a championship. i think it was the same year they stopped that where they had the really crappy ffl commissioner product that kept failing. i complained and they gave me insider for the rest of the season but i never bothered to pay again
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Night Train
                      If 330 lb. DT Branch of Michigan or 320 lb. DT Okoye of Lousivile are there and we take a 230 lb. LB in Willis, I'll scream. Same if the massive 336 lb. Guard Blalock of Texas is there.

A dominant O or D lineman. HOW MANY YEARS ARE WE GOING TO IGNORE IT ?? There is Tommie Harris...pass..there is Vince Wilfolk...pass....ARRRRGGH !

That's why the Pats stay at the top. Hey look, there is Ty Warren. Lets pick him. Hey look, there is Richard Seymour. Let's pick him. There is Vince Wilfolk. Let's pick him.

They don't care how many good lineman they have. They keep picking more and keep WINNING ! What a concept !

I'm sensing a pattern. Pick talented lineman high and the playoffs become the norm.
                      I agree that the bills have neglected the lines in the past...but thats in the past. However I dont agree with having to go out and get a 320+ pound DT. This system is not made for them. Its lighter and faster and Chicago proves that it works. The problem was being too small at the MLB spot. Fletcher is great dont get me wrong but he cannot shed blockers, he's only effective sideline to sideline. By upgrading at MLB it should improve our run defense, take a look at Urlacher..thats what we need.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Though he wasn't happy about it, we hear the reason the Bills didn't offer to extend MLB London Fletcher's contract beyond this season is that they want to get bigger and younger in the middle. Also, we hear the Bills want a middle 'backer who makes more tackles at, or near, the line of scrimmage than the undersized Fletcher did.

More and more reasoning for the Bills to be targeting a LB in the 1st round this year. Posluszny and Willis may fall to 12.
                        This article is completely......correct. I am so glad Marv is here!!

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                          I agree that the bills have neglected the lines in the past...but thats in the past. However I dont agree with having to go out and get a 320+ pound DT. This system is not made for them. Its lighter and faster and Chicago proves that it works. The problem was being too small at the MLB spot. Fletcher is great dont get me wrong but he cannot shed blockers, he's only effective sideline to sideline. By upgrading at MLB it should improve our run defense, take a look at Urlacher..thats what we need.
                          good analysis of the situation. I, for one, am sick of seeing new regime after new regime come in here with their systems and try and fit the players we have into that system. I still think GW may have been the guy who got away and respect him for standing up for his coaches. We need to keep a coaching staff in place and the get the right players. This revolving door of everyone is bull**** and will never amount to anything except for a bunch of celibate homer fans making excuses for a bad or marginal team and bashing the ones who don't want to make excuses.

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

I was just reading up on Posluszny and apparently he changed his number to 31 in college in honor of All-American Penn State LB......... Shane Conlan who was selected in the first round by Marv Levy. I would be surprised if he's not our pick at 12. It makes too much sense.

Comment

• Bert102176
                              • Aug 2002

Tlong good find I found it on espn insider also
                              lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

Working...
                              X